Question For Black Women

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by Jerzee, Aug 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerzee

Jerzee Bow Down Bitch...

Why is it that a lot of Black women have such a hard time seeing Black men with Latin women? I'm Puerto Rican and Black but I look predominantly Latin and I get dirty looks on the regular when I'm out with my husband. I mean, I've heard more then an earfull on the reasons why Black women have a problem with White women and Black men... but what is their beef with Latin chicks?
    test
  2. pinky

pinky yeah yeah yeah

i think a lot of people of all races have personal problems with seeing their race date outside. The hate is all around the board...you probably just dont notice it. In all actuality there's a lot of black men that dont like seeing other black men without "sistas". There's a lot of latino men and women that disapprove with dating "morenos". White men and women that think you should only date white men and women...keep the blood "real". We all know the so-called "one drop rule". I think the heat falls more on black women because of the huge societal stereotype surrounding them. Poeple just expect black women to say something, give dirty looks...whatever, whatever, etc, etc. So, when we're out with our mate of a different race...we're checking the faces of all the black chicks and overlooking the hate your getting from the whites and latinos, asians, etc. Trust when I say you are not getting hated on only by the black chicks. Maybe black chicks are just more outright with theirs.
    test
  3. Trialz

Trialz The Non Typical Type

Yeah i agree with Pinky. Im Dominican, Black and Native, and i dont discriminate againts ANY race. I don't hate. What u do is on you, its whateva. Ive dated outside of my race(s) plenty of times. Oh and thats another thing..I may be mixed wit diff shit, but all in all im still black. i got beautiful brown skin, and i dont look at lighter latinas any different. I think skin tone also has alot to do with it. But yo, Black Brothas be on the same thing. When they see a black woman with a rican, white, dominican, or asian dude, they give the dirty looks too. White woman look at other white woman dirty when they date black men also.....its nature i guess. this slow ass world hasnt adjusted to everybody being one yet...
    test
  4. R-Tistic

R-Tistic Your favorite DJ

Well mainly because some black women will hate on anybody who is taken, and being that you don't look black, that gives them more fuel to complain. Just be happy you're not white...they still hate the hell outta that.

This comedian at the Laugh Factory said "black women get mad as hell when they see a brotha with a white girl....I mean they get MAAAAAAAAAD!! But they wouldn't even notice him if he was by himself!!!" so it's just the principle of wanting what you can't have. Even when I go out with a black female, black females look and say lil shit, usually about the girl or how I can do better even if my date is very cute and they are ugly. So don't trip....it's just jealousy, period, and it's not all to do with race alone.
    test
  5. samii so sexii

samii so sexii ..sunkist siren..

it's a superiority complex.

point blank period.
    test
  6. Konscious

Konscious Resident Sage

^On whose part?
    test
  7. samii so sexii

^ the women's

well that is, if I were in the situation.
    test
  8. Konscious

Konscious Resident Sage

^The black woman? Or the spanish woman?
    test
  9. samii so sexii

^ the black woman.

if there were a guy that i wanted (hell i wouldn't even have to want him...i could just be bein greedy) and he was with any girl that i felt i was better than (that may include fat girls, girls of a different race, poor girls, ugly girls, stupid girls, ect), I would hate, or say "what the fuck is wrong with him?? why is he with her??"

women want to be desireable. if my boyfriend was ever to break up with me for some fat ugly bitch (God forbid she be white or something else) i would have a hissy fit lmao. and i would think "i'm better than her....how can he go from me, to her??"

but then again, maybe this is just me because i'm a racist, stuck up, and all around mean girl lmao. jp jp....but kinda not LoL
    test
  10. ~S*T*A*R*M~

~S*T*A*R*M~ Goddess

Personally, I have no beef. At the end of the day, what business is it of mine? None.

I just don't appreciate the smug looks and attitudes I get from some white or latin or (fill in the blank) girls. It's almost as though they believe they are important or somehow "better" because they have the trophy black male on their arm. One white girl once said she likes when she's w/ her black bf and black girls give her dirty looks. She uses it as an opportunity to feed her self-esteem, because it gives her a sense of accomplishment and pride in her ability to snag a "black guy." I think a lot of the looks she gets are more to do with her boastful, gloating attitude rather than the interracial relationship.

Anyway, just maybe you give off negative vibes that draw negative attitudes. [dunno]
    test
  11. MISSKEYdaQUEEN

MISSKEYdaQUEEN Watch the black panther..

I don't care myself because the guy I'm talking to now looks like he could be 3 different ethnicities but he's black. Plus latin broads are my sistren....its gravy...Plus I love latin brothas too so....

Initially I might question in my head why, but I wouldn't lose sleep over it.
    test
  12. samii so sexii

right. at the end of the day, i don't give a fuck.

my man is black. i like black men. so im good.
    test
  13. Konscious

Konscious Resident Sage

But do you think it's correct to assume that physical attraction is the only reason people connect? That's not to say that your man or any other man couldn't be physically attracted to a "fat, ugly bitch"... maybe she's ugly to you, but beautiful to him? It also could mean that your man desired something else about this woman other than her looks... more sexual satisfaction, better cook, better conversationalist, more in common, etc...

I don't think it's a superiority complex, per se, as it is an issue of the woman's pride being hurt... so she attacks the physical instead of examining what really makes the other woman attractive to this man.
    test
  14. samii so sexii

^^ that might be a combination of what you said, and what i said.

Maybe it is my pride. I'm a Taurus...I do have issues with my pride. But also, deep deep down, I feel i'm a fuckin dime all around. I'm cool as fuck. i look good as hell, i'm not stuck up, i can cook, i have a brain and can hold a conversation, i can watch football and sportscenter, then go get dolled up for a fancy ball. all around, i feel im superior. and if you were to leave me, for someone else...that's your bad homie, because im already a dime, and my stock is on the rise, feel me?

but, i can also agree that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and im not totally perfect, and maybe there are other qualities that can be found in other women that i lack. that is all true...but, i dunno.

blah. i can't say anything else w/o coming off as super arrogant or pompous.
    test
  15. Konscious

Konscious Resident Sage

^Or maybe he's with this other woman because she's modest??
    test
  16. who~is~she

who~is~she THE ORIGINAL~ILL~SISTAH

i could not have said it any better.
    test
  17. Phusion

Phusion WoW This Name is Old

God please tell her.

When you put yourself out like that, you make people look for the worse.

yuck!
    test
  18. samii so sexii

ok, modesty isn't one of my strong suits...confidence is. granted.

and if u think that modesty is more attractive, then by all means, be with the modest girl. but is modest better?? in my eyes, no. but it's just my eyes.

also, of all people, you ^^ should know that i do not care about what people's perception of me is. cuz at the end of the day, i do what the fuck i want.
    test
  19. Im attracted to confident and outspoken women, but its about balance and you gotta be able to be modest too.I mean, when a person walks around with a I'm the best, coupled with a I dont give a damn attitude, It often projects the opposite of what they are trying to be seen as--strong--and they come across as insecure. Modesty is very attractive, and so is confidence, but Arrogance? Most often, Not.

And I have to agree with Koncious here. ( for once) lol.
    test
  20. tight-eyes

tight-eyes Such a F*cking Lady!

Women like that feel abandoned and rejected by black men... it's their own personal issue and not about the black men/latin women they project it onto, because 9 times outta 10 they don't even find the dude attractive and wouldn't have even given that same brother the time of day if he had approached her before he was with the latin chick.

I think pinky and STARM had the best response: (1) it's not an issue specific to black women; (2) often times it's the smug attitude that some wo/men give when they date interracially that elicits the negative responses that they receive from other people; (3) I think that sometimes the people involved in those relationships are looking for negative reactions even when there really aren't any

Unless people get in your face about it, I would say you should try to ignore it and develop some thicker skin b/c there really isn't anytning you can do about other folks hating on you... such is life.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.