question about sound cards

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by YoungWon, Aug 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YoungWon

YoungWon forwords to be forwarned

i'v bin meaning to get a new mic ect ect but some shit came up n i have not been able to yet..n im stil running around tryin out diferant kinds

BUT..... i just got a new computer a few months ago ... my old computer i had gotten a sound card in like 03 -04 a sound blaster something ... n i have a shure sm 58 another 70 dollar dynamic n something else ..... n while the quality wasn't great it was okay ... the voice came threw clear....

on this new computer on every one of the 3 cheap mics i own ... when my vox get laid down .... it sounds really fucked up unless i rap in a low - mid voice n keep it a certain distance ... if i dont it sounds kinda like the mid n high eq is turned all the way up while editing even though im not .....thats just how it comes threw the mic......

was the reason it aint sound like this on my old comp cause of the sound card ????

cause im useing the same mics n gettin totaly differant results.... n if its not cause of the sound card ne ideas on how to fix it
    test
  2. Mr. ROUSH

Mr. ROUSH WWW.SOUNDCLICK.COM/ROUSH

The sound cared has everything to do with it.. stock soundcards are not designed to record audio.. if the computer you bought wasn't specifically built for recording then chances are the soundcard is just a stock realtek or something along those lines..

you could get a new sound card.. or you could put your old one in the new computer.. good luck.
    test
  3. EnglishLanguage

EnglishLanguage New Member

test
  4. slvicick

slvicick New Member

Yeah, definitely get a new soundcard. Soundblasters aren't made for recording, but they are made for movies and videogames so the converters are better than stock soundcards, but still don't compare to a recording soundcard.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.