question about reverb

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by SeakDaKaper, Mar 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SeakDaKaper

SeakDaKaper New Member

i don't know shit about reverbing vocals, how much should you reverb?
    test
  2. ScimonomicS

ScimonomicS New Member

it depends on your set up really and what you want out of a track but generally "less is more" is a pretty good motto to live by for reverb.
    test
  3. Mr. ROUSH

Mr. ROUSH WWW.SOUNDCLICK.COM/ROUSH

Reverb is important.. it can be very useful for a lot of things.. looking at vocals in this case.. think of reverb as and effect that helps to give unique space to the vocalist. It is generally best to apply reverb using a send rather than applying it directly to the vocal track.. Using a very small amount of reverb on a vocal can make it stand out in a song..

A common reverb setup might have very little, or no reverb on the lead vocal and light to moderate reverb being used on the background vocals. Another common setup might have no reverb on the lead or background vocals, but light to moderate reverb on the chorus.

This is something that shouldn't be the same every time.. some songs will sound better with it and some without it.. it also depends on the reverb on the insturments.. some people will sometimes use the same reverb on everything including the vocals to kind of "put everything in the same room" making it blend together.. Try extreme reverbs for effects in certain parts.. eq the return of the reverb to fine tune it..

Think of reverb as the space, or room that the sound is being recorded in.. with reverb you can create any environment to put a sound into.. a room.. a canyon.. a hall.. just don't get carried away with it or think you always need it. hope this is helpful.. pz
    test
  4. Temp_Guest2

Temp_Guest2 Dope Lyricist/Producer

Imagine the space you vision the vocals being at. Reverb is about giving the listener a feel of ambience and space.
    test
  5. ~G.I~

~G.I~ Mastering Engineer/Mod

test
  6. capItal eyez

capItal eyez Member

also a good thing is to filter the lowers on your reverb return, they can make a mix very muddy.

This is a rap forum but reverb can define a genre, and i usually go by the mood of the beat as to how much verb I use, remember nothing has to be stationary automation/movement is great and its what your favorite mixers are doing.

Also try a slap delay before your verb to help seperate it.
    test
  7. Thuglove

Thuglove Set it up Bitch....

Penis Pumper, I'll brian pump ya!
    test
  8. swisha315

swisha315 New Member

reverb is cool but try to make it so you dont need to use effects so you sound perfect with nothing and then throw reverb on your doubles
    test
  9. SIN

SIN Sincerely

reverb rule #1: Less is more.
    test
  10. Temp_Guest2

Temp_Guest2 Dope Lyricist/Producer

That's true. It's kinda like make-up. You don't wanna give an illusion but have the listener feel like it's natural
    test
  11. Quentin332

Quentin332 New Member

Thanks roush, your post was informative and interesting...most of the thing we often skip in our life that we have to deserve...a bit knowledge about every thing is awesome...
    test
  12. InKredibleTrack

InKredibleTrack New Member

co-sign.
    test
  13. !ntrospect

!ntrospect New Member

great tips, thanks.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.