Question about creatine

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by That Nigga, Sep 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. That Nigga

That Nigga aka Hot Shyt

do you just take that after your workout or do you take protein too? and what are some good brands?
    test
  2. That Nigga

That Nigga aka Hot Shyt

and to anyone that thinks its pointless because you think you lose all your gains when you're done, I dont care about your opinions on he matter
    test
  3. southern_cash

southern_cash New Member

you take it after your workout. some people say it useless but a lot of people still believe in it and that it works. all it basically does is rehydrte your muscle which are made of a lot of water to begin with. now most people that say they have lost there gains when they stopped using creatine are bullshit. most people thats top creatine stop working out. when you stop working out you are gonna slowly lose your gains if you want to always be musclar you have to work at it your how life. you cant just get buff then never workout again
    test
  4. dopeazhell

dopeazhell ^^ this

do that shit really make your dick shrink?

no homo tho
    test
  5. That Nigga

That Nigga aka Hot Shyt

i know its taken after. my question is do you take protein with it? or just the creatine.
    test
  6. That Nigga

That Nigga aka Hot Shyt

dont know where you got that idea from.
    test
  7. That Nigga

That Nigga aka Hot Shyt

maybe you're thinking about steroids making your balls shrink
    test
  8. yayo

yayo Polar Bear LaFlare

always take protein after a workout..

depends on the creatine product.
    sum products u take post-workout
    others u take during/after

and sum creatine products contains shit where ull take it before a workout..

a prewrokout supplement dat contains creatine dat i highly reccommend..
    Bodybuilding.com - USPlabs Jack3d - Pre-Workout! On sale now!
    test
  9. Toby Toronto

Toby Toronto MICHAEL SINKER IS A BULLY

test
  10. southern_cash

southern_cash New Member

you dont have to take prtotien post workout u can take it during or pre. also if u take jacked there is not enough creatine to do anything so u will also need another source.

this is my current stack im using

pre workout:

xtend
    sin sane
    jack3d

during workout:

protein shake

post workout:

cell tech
    test
  11. SpawnYours

SpawnYours Gram •••••••

Take some before and take some after ... It's just putting water into your muscles and making them feel pumped all the time. Stop taking it, then you lose it. A lot of supplements have that shit in it.
    test
  12. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

you can use it to build muscle to burn fat faster and you won't get jacked using it then lose it all when you stop. you can stop after you get your desired results, then just keep up a regimen that'll keep your muscles active.

my current stack looks like this:

pre-workout:

lipo6x black
    muscle synergy
    prograde workout
    1/2 xtend

workout:

other 1/2 of xtend

post-workout:

prograde workout
    xtend

then about 12 or so i take my second dose of lipo6x black and muscle synergy

shit keeps your metabolism firing and extends your pump, all while rebuilding and rehydrating your muscles.

you want to take a higher carb to protein ratio before and after your workout so that your body targets fat rather than muscle during and after the workout, then go to a higher protein to carb ratio for your meals throughout the day.

creatine is helpful, but protein is definitely more necessary and you won't lose much if you don't take creatine. i'm just using it as a booster to get the muscles workin harder and get cut faster, but stickin to a protein heavy diet will get you good results if you're already cut.
    test
  13. Souled In

Souled In New Member

I didn't read all that, but pretty much, eating a balanced meal 1-2 hrs prior, and some kind of surge/ juice, whatever a bit closer to the workout... and post, ya, probably need some protein right away, but there are plenty of studies that say it isn't as important as we think, but if we don't have kidney problems, might as well.

As far as creatine, I don't want to be taking it my entire life, but I might take it in small amounts on days I don't eat red meat, MAYBE. I like the strength gains I got while on it, and I think it all comes back to that kidney thing, or whatever metabolizes the creatine. If you don't have a problem in that organ, they its all good.

As far as before or after, well, creatine is probably the same argument as protein. Basically, you want it in your system ALL the time, so that when your body needs it, it is always there. Creatine deals with ATP storage or production, i forget which one, and it just needs to be constantly in the body, which would lead to it doens't matter if it is before or after. If it is before, it shouldn't be right before I don't think, unless you want your body to use energy for digestion instead of for putting up the weights. I don't know, but my thoughts are it doesn't matter.
    test
  14. Warpaint

Warpaint What now?

I used it, and you can feel the extra energy and pumps. It's definitely a keeper. But I'm kind of iffy on the side effects of the liver. They say drink a lot of water - but I'm skeptical.
    test
  15. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

you can take liver supplements to keep it in check if you're worried.
    test
  16. Warpaint

Warpaint What now?

What about water?
    test
  17. The Steve

The Steve Space monkey I am not

Yes drink more water.

Creatine is the most studied supplement on the market. And I've yet to see anything showing it causing liver or kidney damage, or even elevated liver enzymes.
    test
  18. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

^ yup.

just ordered another container of it along with my xtend.

blue raspberry >>>>
    test
  19. The Steve

The Steve Space monkey I am not

I don't understand why everyone doesn't use it. It's so cheap and proven effective. Add to that the neuroprotective properties and demonstrated ability to improve cognitive function and memory and it's a no-brainer.
    test
  20. Froggie Fresh

Froggie Fresh THe Elite of Times!

Most people dont know how to take creatine...you absolutely MUST take it with protein or its just going to fill your muscles up with water then you'll piss it all out. If you take it with the protein then it'll have more protein to move to the muscles you work out equaling faster recovery rate.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.