(Quality Check) Would you press-N-release this?

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by Ghost863boy, Mar 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

i just wanted everyone here to see this because the people in this forum swear u cant get good quality unless u have an EMU i had a good idea it was the 410
    test
  2. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

waves is almost always a safe bet
    test
  3. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

using a C4 on vocals is pretty overkill

typically i either use the rcomp or the c1, depends on which sound i want (yes, plugins do have their own sound)
    test
  4. SamSneed

SamSneed TrackWorks

i dont under stand that vocal chain...why would you use c4 on vocals, and then why would you use it twice...if you have waves, you should be compressing your vocals with RVOX. i cant understand why some one would use anyother plugin this thing sounds amazing and is soo easy to use.

this is basically what i do...all verse tracks get routed to one bus...i slap a RVOX on that. then i eq with CAMBRIDGE EQ. i do the same with the hook tracks routed to a different buss...then those get routed to a master vocal buss.
    test
  5. SamSneed

SamSneed TrackWorks

and the vocals dont sound bad...theres a lot worse quality on this site...i dont know if i would press that quality though, that sounds good for mixtape shit, not for a jewle cased album with art work and insert and the whole deal...
    test
  6. Ghost863boy

Ghost863boy Original 863 Boy

thanks for input, but I have tried the Rvox compressor and I just can't get it to sit right with my voice, same with the c1, maybe i'm just not using them right. i have read everything on the net about compression I can find, and although I know how it works and how I'm supposed to use it, I just seem to can't get it right.

And yeah I know c4 is overkill on vocals (i guess its more for full mixes with its different compression for different bandwidths) but so far its the only compressor plugin whose sound I like.

Thanks for everyone's help, I guess its back to the lab for a minute. I want my shit to be as good as I can get it before I release it.

One last thing, anybody here ever had your stuff sent off and mixed by someone else?
    test
  7. Higher Rhymes

Higher Rhymes Active Member

Hey, just thought I'd holler to help a brotha out..
    You have pretty good quality but as everybody else would suggest I would get rid of the rediculous amounts of overdubs DURING the verses and find a new mixing technique.. like use the basic > noise removal/hiss removal> normalize/hardlimit>compress and if need be some Highpass[treble] after that.. see how well that works out for ya.. if you use a mixer with built in effects then try to compress better.. hope that helps a little..
    test
  8. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

whatever works, works
    they certainly do, considering i've done mixes for at least half a dozen people off this site...
    test
  9. Ghost863boy

test
  10. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

for me to do mixes?

depends on where you want me to go for them...

if i do it from home, it's gonna be cheaper ($40US/track for mixing or mastering, $70US/track for mixing and mastering)

if I head to the studio, it varies on the price of the studio my fee is $20US/hr + studio costs, average mix takes between 4 and 6 hours
    test
  11. Ghost863boy

Arcane, do you have any demos of tracks you have mixed for people I could listen to? I think this may be the route for me to go.
    test
  12. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

test
  13. OPT1CZ

OPT1CZ New Member

yo ghostboy.....i'm feelinn that song u did for ya gurl dogg.....shit came out clean,,,,,but yeah nice stuff.........what u use?
    test
  14. Ghost863boy

m-audio luna mic>Presonus Eureka Preamp>M-audio Firewire410>PC

@ Arcane - Any experience with the digital card for the presonus eureka? Would I benifit from the card and the digital outs?
    test
  15. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

nope, never used it

i don't work on little systems lol...cheapest studio i work out of costs like $40,000
    test
  16. Ghost863boy

Well excuse me for disrespecting you, your majesty.

lol, I had forgotten why I quit posting here for the last two years. Thanks for reminding me. Everyone on this board always tryin to belittle the next person. So you work in 40,000 dollar studios, wonderful, but irrelevant to my question, your first line was enough.

And while your in those 40,000 dollar studios you should shell out some dough and find 40,000 worth of talent to record, cause the tracks on your site kinda, I don't know, sucked?

yea, back to futureproducers.com for me.....
    test
  17. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

yet ur on here daily recommending little systems lol. that seems a bit hypocritical dont u think
    test
  18. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

damn dude u just sound like ur feelings are hurt it aint like he said anything disrespectful. he just said he dont work on cheap setups
    test
  19. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

i record whoever pays me, doesnt matter to me if they suck and have lots of money

and X, i hardly ever reccomend gear to people, and anytime i do, it's usually fairly higher-end stuff

only thing i say when people ask me what they should get is basically "go try it, and if you like it, buy it"
    test
  20. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

bullshit theres hundreds of threads here of u tellin people not to get this or that and aint nobody buyin anything more than $300. the cats here have home labs worth about $500 if that even thats very low end even for a home studio and ur tellin me u have never recommeneded a piece of gear here?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.