pushing vs. pulling exercises...

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by identity-X, May 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. identity-X

identity-X No Talent Assclown

I'm wondering if I'm alone in this. I always feel that it's much harder to get a good squeeze and, therefore, a good workout when I'm doing "pulling" exercises. As a result, I think my back, biceps, hamstrings, etc. suffer because of it.

It just seems that squeezing is so much easier with "pushing" exercises...back, tri's, quad's, etc...and I gain here more quickly.

Any tips?
    test
  2. RedIye

RedIye New Member

Wait... what are you asking here???

Generaly, when you push, your working your chest as the primary muscle and your triceps as a secondary (bench press). When you pull your working out your back as the primary muscle and your biceps as the secondary.

Now, if your saying you have a bad grip and arent able to hold on to heavier weights then maybe you should buy some gloves or wrist straps, that would help your grip tremendously.
    test
  3. !ron HorSe

!ron HorSe New Member

^Yup.

I never used straps, they hinder gains.

During deadlifting you might want to use a mixed grip (one over hand one under hand) to get a better grip if you're lifting heavy.
    test
  4. identity-X

identity-X No Talent Assclown

no, I'm just saying that I have trouble squeezing the muscle

if I'm doing dumbell presses or cable crossovers, for example, when I am fully contracted it's nothing for me to squeeze that extra little bit

but if I'm doing bent over rows, for example (though there are other "pulling" exercises where this is the case), it's harder for me to squeeze at the end of the movement. someone on another forum asked whether i do barbell or dumbell rows. I told him i used a barbell and he suggested trying dumbells...makes sense, as my range of motion isn't limited by the bar hitting my chest. i'm trying that next time.
    test
  5. LikeWise3001

LikeWise3001 I crush alot

if you do cable work for your back.... try using a rope instead of a bar..
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.