Purses as leathal weapons.

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by GaLaTeA, Dec 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Not sure who the first lass who defended herself by hitting a person with her purse/bag was, but it caught on.

Alexander McQueen only made it more compact and fashionable.

Ever hit anyone with a purse?
    test
  2. TreHolla

TreHolla Member

no but ive wanted to hit people with a guitar, or understand why some folks smash them.
    test
  3. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Every single time I had to restring mine, the thought of obliterating it to bits has crossed my mind.

It is now safely tucked away in its special place.

"Adrenaline rock star thing" I guess.
    test
  4. TreHolla

TreHolla Member

you play guitar? but you don't sing?

my current guitar has four strings on it. and one of the strings i got was given to me by a "vagabond" who actually taught me how to restring a guitar.
    test
  5. MissAndrya

MissAndrya Evolution is what is.

I don't carry a purse much. I like having my hands and shoulders free and comfortable. Anything I need goes in my pockets, which at times gets bulky, but meh.

I tried to teach myself how to play guitar, as I've always wanted to. I have an ear, but no patience for getting the finger positions for the chords down pat.
    test
  6. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Please excuse the mess ~ art supplies that need to find their way on zee shelf.

Zee 12 strings of hell. Sang a bit until '06~ish, then stopped altogether.

[​IMG]

I've never had any formal lessons myself, but always watched my brother when he played the guitar and started with the "monkey see monkey do" and went from there. There's also youtube vids & tutorials on how to's ~ which does come in handy.

Finger positions are tricky though.
    test
  7. TreHolla

TreHolla Member

baller. you've got three times as many strings as i do. i've never tried to play a 12 string, a mandolin was challenging enough.

if you've got the ear for it, you should try, but i don't think you should force yourself to learn. if you get frustrated easily you'll probably get down and not want to keep going.

zen guitar is a pretty good book.

i couldn't name you a single chord on a guitar
    test
  8. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Found one that only has 1 string alive ~ it's from 1980's Olympic games from Moscow ~ and is called a "balalajka" (can't find an English term :( ).

[​IMG]

Never tried playing mandolin though. It would probably end stringless in a split second. :funny:

The most difficulties with individual chords I've had either due to not being able to grasp the (barré) well or because I didn't know how to. All which takes lots of time and practice.

Ty for the book tip. :)
    test
  9. MissAndrya

Here's a hint: There are none called Shelley, Megan or Cindy. lol

Seriously, notes/chords are called the same for all (or most, anyway) instruments. So C, D, F, A etc..

My hands are small, so reaching around the neck to contort my hands to reach the positions is tedious and discouraging. I was always able to pick up piano tunes easily, and by ear. Couldn't read the music if I tried, though I'm not against learning...if only I didn't need to work, lol
    test
  10. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Cindy Loo Hoo!

Geez, now I won't stop. :( Oh wi-fi why you get so low all of zee sudden. :scared:
    test
  11. MissAndrya

:funny: ^

At least you're not yodeling......yet.
    test
  12. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Nah, don't feel like pulling another "Inge from Sweeeeeeeeden" act. :scared: :funny:
    test
  13. Alias3000

Alias3000 Well-Known Member

I know two females that both tote a lady smiff in their purses. so if that's what you mean by purses as weapons. i can dig it.
    test
  14. TreHolla

TreHolla Member

get that book if you can its really good. i had a copy but since i moved i havent been able to find it.

its a bunch of different guitarists giving a quick quote about guitar, and then some philosophy about a certain aspect of playing.

i feel for you as far as the hands thing goes. it took me years to figure out how to play a chord. i'd get so mad, because everyone knew how to play but me.

the notes and ideas of the strings thing makes sense, but doesn't at the same time. its so weird and confusing.
    test
  15. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Not exactly, :funny:.

More along the lines of...

[​IMG]

...and

[​IMG]

Sadly I think that not every style of playing pertaining a certain guitarist will work for me though. Best thing to find a middle ground and go from there.

I've always been keener on pianos, although no one was ever in a mood for chop-in. :funny:
    test
  16. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

id love to be able to play fiddle, banjo, harmonica(working on that now) and, guitar
    test
  17. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

^One almost down, three more to go! :)
    test
  18. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

id love for one of them to also double as knuckle dusters
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.