Punchline Format

Discussion in 'Bodybag!: The BVA Hall of Shame' started by ~Prolific~, Sep 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lush One

Lush One MR. CALIFORNIA

CHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHCH.

this was the unadulterated troofs, right here.

the keyword being 'AUTHENTICITY'.

yeah...i feel u, mayen.
    test
  2. SiFu

SiFu Burning Down Babylon!

Not at all, I aint backpeddling I'm re-stating my point in a clearer way, coz obviously it was interpreted wrong, my point still stands, disagree if you want......

And I say what I think when I'm typing I aint plan and go thru my shit to make sure its a water tight opinion in case EG or FB or Intuit wanna try to clown or act like clever people, so yea I can be wrong and I can also admit when I am, seems like thats hard for others to comprehend!?!?!?

American bitches still jock me for my accent, hate away......

PEACE
    test
  3. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

an accent is something to be proud of as your most apealing charecteristic........bitches jock me because I pronounce words wierd.......woooooow....... foriegn bitches jock me cause I'm pretty as fuck, and have a large penis, no need to talk and make stalkers out of them..........and you obiously think of me when you post, which explains why my name is in your post........you talk funny.......and the only time I was wrong is the time when I thought I was.......
    test
  4. Serene.

Serene. New Member

yo i think rap has gotten to its limit lol after the whole 3 word rhyme scheme shit then what? 4? 5? no cuz then it gets mad stupid and played out, what else can you do now? i think everyone can be compared to somebody, just because someone sounds like someone doesnt mean hes completely jacking their style its just how it is some people are bound to sound like some others when it comes to rhyme schemes atleast and shit but choice of words and content will differ or w/e but i dont see nothing wrong with learning from the 'greats' in the beginning, and then formulating your own style later on thats like saying pac and nas couldnt learn from rakim cuz it would be biting...wtf kinda shit is that? its not biting, you rhyme like them in the beginning then after a while you get situated into your own kinda style and shit, thats not biting
    test
  5. Lush One

Lush One MR. CALIFORNIA

lol.
    test
  6. EmceeGoddess

EmceeGoddess Disgruntled Man

shut up sifu you worthless rat

tell my friends that im not gonna drive
    thats when i hobble outside
    and take more shots in my ride than bonnie and clyde

also, wtf wasnt my first post basically what everyones sayin is the best point? i thought i was sayin it doesnt matter the structure it matters howu say it. certain people can say dope shit regardless. i was about to say for instance, iron sol can say anything and its murder. SLAP YOU OUT YER TUBE SOCKS NOW GO BACK TO THE BOONDOCKS

FIYYAAA
    test
  7. SiFu

Hey FB man, whatever works right??? I get a lot of pussy, and ya the accent is the opener and the eye grabber, but it still takes skills to seal the deal!!!!!

Hahah Goddess I cant wait to see you at a random show and have you say this shit to my face, not coz I'll beat you up or anything, bu so you can see how hysterically I laugh whenever you attempt to 'own' or 'herb' or whatever the new geek word is, hahahaha

PEACE
    test
  8. JAN1TOR

JAN1TOR New Member

there are some hypocrites in this thread talking out their ass
    test
  9. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

^watch the link I posted a couple pages ago if you think rhyming has reached it's limit.......this whole thing is starting to remind me of djing.....battle djing actually......I was crazy into that until like 99/00, when everyone got turntables and looked online for tutorials, and started asking people to teach them how qbert or d-styles scratched, or how craze and develop did their beat juggling.......now dj battles are at an all time low, because that generation got good at what the best were mimicking, but once those guys stopped battling, there was nowhere to go, because they didn't innovate to begin with......I learned scratching from listening to good people, not studying......that's the difference between influences, and studying.......same with rapping.....we all learned from what we heard and liked......nas was influenced by rakim, rakim didn't teach him, nor did nas attempt to sound just like him......nas is nas......pac was pac.....no one else lived in their shoes.......It is all about authenticity for sure............I think I may have lost my point on a tangent, and I'm not disagreeing with yas.........I felt like making a long analogy.......I do as I feel.......Freebass is Freebass.......Free being real..........
    test
  10. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

my carrot was to g&f's post.......
    test
  11. EmceeGoddess

shut the fuck up jesus your posts get worse and worse as you go along.
    test
  12. SiFu

Well then why stop I'm on a roll!!!!!! You know EG this rapping shit was invented by a Yardie man, who brought the Jamacian Sound System to the Bronx, in Yard they called the MC the DJ as it was usually the same person, and he would drop silly rhymes to hype up the people and big up the sound system they represented, this was all before Kool herc went to the Bronx, so does that mean hiph-op was invented in Yard?? But coz they had Jamacian accents it sounded different to the Bronx shit??? hahahahahah

PEACE
    test
  13. SiFu

Oh yea telling Jesus to shut the fuck up aint cool homie, he's watching you know!!! oh you meant to put a comma in there, ok......hahaha

PEACE
    test
  14. EmceeGoddess

[​IMG]

stop eating these
    test
  15. SiFu

Ah man that was a let down, I was hoping for at least four bars dissing me or something, up ya disses homie, I used to cry when you dissed me it was so deep and cutting!!!! are you losing your love for hate??

PEACE
    test
  16. EmceeGoddess

nice user title
    test
  17. SiFu

Yeeeaaaaa maaaannn thats what I'm talking about, a propa diss, not this half assed putting up a picture shit......props.....

PEACE
    test
  18. Okwerdz

Okwerdz We have a The Saurus

not only can i not beleive this post even exists, but it actually went 6 pages and people still dont get it. wow

i actually sat here and read this whole thing for some reason and lush, lee, and especially credentials and nocando made some real good points.

first of all if ur gonna be rappin u dont wanna sound like a formulaic dork, so if rap is really gonna be for you (not anyone in particular, well maybe haha) u should start over. this is because most people dont realize whats most important, they start off just tryin to say cool shit but they sound like a fuckin moron when they say it. so id say first work on HOW u say shit, get some originality, learn how to utilize ur influences without bitin there shit, spend a couple years devloping ur niche and swagger/flow/rhythm/soul/personality,etc. and if you are able to get that workin only THEN should u worry about WHAT you are saying. so basically ur not gonna be a dope rapper over night and u shouldnt put out an album right away until ur fuckin good.

that bein said.....

thats mainly why i dont really hop in cyphers anymore unless there with people i like, otherwise its just a big dork contest to see who can premeditate and show off there multi syllable words in the same exact format and flow everytime. the thing about freestylin is that ive said a million fuckin times but nobody ever listens is its supposed to be fun and natural. when i rap u can probly tell i dont really give a shit about what im sayin its just whatever words i think of at the time and thats how it should be. u shouldnt try to just impress everyone around u ur suppsoed to have fun and just BE YOU. so basically stop concentrating so hard and just go out there and do it once u got ur swagger right.

and also, battlin has a cycle that it takes every so often. someone or some group of people wil start a trend that completely consumes battlin for a couple years and everyone will copy it until it sounds so fuckin wack and generic that it forces the next trend to come and repeat the cycle. if u look back at battlin this has pretty much ben the case for almost as long as i can remember......like at this years scribble for instance it was like this year was supposed to have the next trend in battlin but it didnt happen and everyone is just sittin in limbo like "what the fuck do we do now?". so the question is will YOU be the mawfucka that raises the bar on battlin with an original style, or are u just a follower of the hot thing right now? but dont worry im sure the cycle will keep repeatin regardless, hopfully for the better!

but battlin is NOT freestyle so who gives a shit follow whatever format you want just be YOU and remember the shit i said first about findin urself first and not rushing into things too soon.

i think thats it for now? im not even gonna proofread this shit just take it as is. holla
    test
  19. Getty Free

Getty Free New Member

DELETE EVERY WORD THAT CAME BEFORE THIS. This should be a sticky. Required reading before joining/reading this board. Go Ok.
    test
  20. intuition21

intuition21 good music and stuff.

brian is a good example of someone who freestyles/battles without following a formula. everyone else take note that it CAN be done.

you CANNOT really pick up any repititous patterns in the way he raps while he's rapping and that is a lovely thing. he is a great example of what i was talking about when i said "just fucking rap" earlier.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.