Punchline Format

Discussion in 'Bodybag!: The BVA Hall of Shame' started by ~Prolific~, Sep 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SiFu

SiFu Burning Down Babylon!

Whether he invented it or not your right that he has made it popular, Illmac has his own swagga.....agreed all the dope battlers have they own style and steez and the shit they say makes you say god dam how the fuck this he come up with that......forreal......I guess the problems with the audience then.....

That slum village is exactly what I'm talking about, I sometimes make just noises to find new flows then put words init without thinking of content then try to put content init, sometimes I just practices some of my OWN patterns and things I like to do, obviously I aint that good tho homie broke it down forreal.....

PEACE
    test
  2. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

elzhi is fucking out of his mind.....that is that whole dilla/slum/detroit sound........people sleep on the rock city sickness
    test
  3. Z. Spitwell

Z. Spitwell Well-Known Member

damn, after posting that slum shit freebass just became one of my favorite posters too.... "thats 3 great compound words to create"... damn...

but for the record... I agree with what Lush is saying 100% and I don't understand why all of a sudden he got attacked... I don't know if ironic is the right word... but I do think its funny that sage is one of prolifics favorite rappers and he dissed prolific for being unoriginal and that prolific is the thread starter...

this thread is not example of someone trying to steal someones style but it is an example of an mc being unoriginal...

I personally thought it was funny when b dizzle was calling out lush for not having a point and just saying "fresh coast" when I didn't think b dizzle had a point... or at least didn't notice b dizzle's point other than "thats not irony"... which really is a technicality... everyone knew what lush meant...

and that 8 mile cover with the kilometers was hilarious
    test
  4. EmceeGoddess

EmceeGoddess Disgruntled Man

am i the only one who thinks prolific has his own steez? if saurus/cali get to claim ewok creature wearing reebok sneaker type lines then i think the future of a battles thru cuz i dont really see another avenue for an emcee to travel thru .. damnit, multis that connect in same sentence my bad cali.

forelly tho. prolific runs around with rapid/quick delivery and mad multis. ive freestyled with the guy and hes sharp and raps in multis his own self. his songs have mad multis. its unfair to say hes jacking shit from people. i really dont see someone elses 1 style in his battles.
    test
  5. intuition21

intuition21 good music and stuff.

HAHAHAHHAHAH possibly the single funniest thing i have read on this board.

go listen to some kool g. rap.
    test
  6. JAN1TOR

JAN1TOR New Member

yeah i do think that the 3x multi scheme is very appealing to the mainstream audience watching a rap battle. they still get impressed by that shit, if the said lines make sense.

but I'm not only talking about the multis.. also the types of lines that are being said. for example, the Saurus is more appealing to the average commercial listener watching a rap battle than for example nocando, even if what nocando does and says is way more hip hop.. but the avg. listener can't comprehend his shit nawmsayn?
    test
  7. Lush One

Lush One MR. CALIFORNIA

yup. they still dont know why the think its dope tho.

AND SPITWELL and FREEBASS, thankin you for restoring me to sanity...god damn.
    test
  8. Lush One

Lush One MR. CALIFORNIA

and intuition too
    test
  9. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

no problem.......you make a good point, regardless of how the feeble take it.......people think too much......stupid people more than most, this is the problem with this shit........
    test
  10. B dizzle

B dizzle New Member

Did you actually read my posts? I had a few points, basically that talking about freestyling technique doesn't mean you're unoriginal, that people need to stop talking about the 'good old days' like all battles suck now, that you can have a basic forumla or idea in your head about your rhyme structure as long as you build off that, and that there is a certain type of person drawn towards underground culture... the sort of person which will innevitably lost interest when it becomes more recognized.

The only reason I even pointed out the definition of irony was that people are reading this and projecting thier own ideas about the state of battling onto an innocuous post. Prolific just asked what people thought sounded better... and now suddenly he's unoriginal? Its dumb. I was just pointing out a pube of inaccuracy in a giant bush of stupidity.

As far as attacking lush... I correct something and he calls me a cocksucker and my girlfriend a slut. Fuck that. I'm not going to get all bent out of shape over it, but Im just gonna sit here either. I totally understand that hes from cali and right now the cali style is something that lots of battlers seem to be on. .. but, you know, borrowing a style is borrowing a style, it doesn't matter if you live in the same state the style originated in.
    test
  11. B dizzle

B dizzle New Member

I agree 100%. I showed my fucking boss the saurus/illmac vs hom/piff james and he loved saurus' style. It sounds good to just about everyone.
    test
  12. mapleleaf

mapleleaf bumpin onyx in the jag

word to that for real, that should be end of discussion.
    test
  13. D Cep

D Cep New Member

i dont use a sort of punchline format. i write what i want to say and dont get technical about it
    test
  14. EmceeGoddess

best off the dome pumpin testosterone SAVAGELY RIP YA FLESH OFF THE BONE
    test
  15. D Cep

D Cep New Member

sykull when u commin down to chill homie?
    test
  16. EmceeGoddess

fuck man i been busy the last few weekends somehow. maybe this next weekend? me you and illy can record are TREACHEROUS 3 song of the gods DOOMSDAY PROPHECY collaboratioznsofetinal!
    test
  17. EmceeGoddess

ur full of shit like a toilet plunger
    your thirst for knowledge is void of hunger
    im an exact replica of sigmund freud, but younger
    my iqs several stairs above heavens lair
    suave and debonair; basically einstein with better hair
    sprayin reugers caught on film by abe zapruder
    a space intruder who flew to earth on a razor scooter
    brain with sutchers my parents never paid for tutors
    on a ram page like checkin memory that saves computers
    test
  18. SiFu

SiFu Burning Down Babylon!

I aint say they aint use them you idiot, but the 'term' and the 'labelling' of what it is called came off the internet, I bet Kool G never called it a multisyllabic rhyme, he just rhymed namean??? dam people so quick to wanna clown they dont read between the lines, hahaha

PEACE
    test
  19. EmceeGoddess

its crazy how often you backpeddal after saying something so ridiculously stupid and gettin called on it.

"NAH I WAS JUST SAYIN THAT ALL THE TERMS FOR MULTISYLLABIC RHYME STRUCTURES CAME FROM DA NET MATE, DAT TYPA TING!"
    test
  20. Credintials

Credintials IRS can suck my books

98 posts of mostly BS and NoCanDo made the best valid point. I feel it's not what you say but how you say it that makes it dope. What's missing from hip hop, especially the battle scene is the soul. Now when I say soul, I don't mean some fat angie stone looking bitch crooning, I mean the originality and autheticity of one's style or swagger. Too often are these emcees coming on the scene with some carbon copy bullshit of what their perception of a "dope rapper" is.

It's not really fair to say the multi-syllabic extended rhyme scheme comes from cali cause people from everywhere been doin that shit forever. If you wanna be technical about it, even Johnny Cash was kicking multiples back in the 50s-60s or whenever when "Travelin' Man" came out. It's just the use of the English language. If it was actual slang terms then that claim might hold more weight but I think for the most part it's a bit sophmoric to be like "Oh we was on that (insert style here) shit first".

I really wish 95% of these so called "battle rappers" would just quit and go back to the bedroom they came out of spitting that cut and paste bullshit. There's no authenticity of the rhymes anymore, and when I say that I don't mean this "street credibility" bullshit. Whatever though, this argument will go on forever, but when I first saw this post I was like ugh....gtfoh.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.