Punchline Format

Discussion in 'Bodybag!: The BVA Hall of Shame' started by ~Prolific~, Sep 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jasonallison

jasonallison New Member

the prolific vs kay m jumpoff battle is a sign of the death of hip hop
    test
  2. EmceeGoddess

EmceeGoddess Disgruntled Man

what the fuck. i leave for a day and a half and this forum turns to serious discussion about actual battle styles and shit. son of a fuckin bitch.

ill lay down the law soon enough. or ill get hella drunk and proclaim myself the black larry david again. that ones always good.

holla.
    test
  3. B dizzle

B dizzle New Member

haha Thats the funniest part. What kind of magic hip hop fairly land do you live in when there is a "that guy" who always wants to battle you? I heard of "that guy" who wears the band's own shirt to their concert, or "that guy" who calls everyone "cheif", but I didn't even know about "that guy" who is always on some battling tip. I guess I just need a new circle of friends.
    test
  4. EmceeGoddess

:-((
    test
  5. RR2K_DeAtHwIsH

RR2K_DeAtHwIsH New Member

I generally overdose on multi's when I have nothing more to say.

Some people will throw random filler lines out .. I'll just attempt to multi it in hope that something happens to be insulting which has happened many a time before thinking of something else to flip.

I have never heard of something like "sitting back and making a formula"

Almost every body I personally know has different styles at different times ..

maybe sometimes it is Thesaurus Style .. alot of the time it can be slower .. hell if some1 is really having a day with them double multi's they could come out like NoCanDo .. doubt people actually purposefully thought about doing it tho.
    test
  6. Lush One

Lush One MR. CALIFORNIA

oh my god...

this thread is amazing.

THANK YOU PROLFIC.

and I really wasn't tryin to be a dick, and you STILL have yet to answer my question.

Dizzle- lil guy, step your bars up...IN LIFE, that is. and i dont know what your definition or 'irony' is but i do what everyone's defintion of 'DICKRIDER' is...i know lific is your homie or whatever and you feel obligated to defend him but i wasn't even attackin the mawfukka...i was simply trying to bring to light something that may help him understand why his idols go out of there way to make angry internet diatribes calling him out as a biter.

COME ON PEOPLE.
    test
  7. B dizzle

B dizzle New Member

Again, I have to ask what the fuck you are talking about. I've met prolific exactly twice... haha and if I recall, at scribble I made dude pay me $2 for the forty I bought him (ha btw sorry about that, I was drunk).

The point is you start posting bullshit and I called you on it. Your response? That my girlfriend's a slut and I'm a cocksucker for saying you don't understand irony. And my definition of irony is nothing more than the correct definition of irony.

I could give a fuck if you were talking about lific or red master. Prolifics a cool guy but that sas zero to do with why Im taking his side.

BTW, big guy (wow, an example of irony -- you call me lil guy when I outweight by probably 50lbs) you know nothing about me or my life, just like I know nothing about you or yours. The only thing thats apparent from this conversation is that I'm good at making points and being right, and you're good at typing in caps and backpeddling.
    test
  8. Lush One

Lush One MR. CALIFORNIA

I called you little guy based on your quaint and simple opinion, not your obviously hunkish stature (lol). And you didn't really make any point either, cuz...the example IS, in fact, an example of irony-

'A contrast or an incongruity between what is stated and what is really meant, or between what is expected to happen and what actually does happen'

Pro didn't mean to ask how to be an unoriginal biter, and he didn't mean to justify his self-proclaimed idol Sage's tirade against him, but in soliticiting the advice of the net on ways to improve his 'punchline format'...that is exactly what he did.

ITS LIKE RAIN ON YOUR WEDDING DAY...ISN'T IT IRONIC...DONT YA THINK, ALANIS?

ahha

naw, but really...thats wsup. no backpeddling, and i could still tap your miss.
    test
  9. B dizzle

B dizzle New Member

You are saying Prolific uses other people's style (as if one person owns a style anway) and that Sage called him on that. What would you expect someone like that to do? Make a post about asking how to rhyme in a certain way on a message board? Yes, exactly. If you're correct that prolific is a biter and that this is an example of him trying to figure out how to bite then it's not ironic. What would be ironic would be him making a post about how fucked up the rap game is because no one is original.

Thats taking for granted that you are correct about him stealing a style. I don't agree with that (or that his question had anything to do with biting/stealing) but that is irrelevant.

FYI, I showed my girlfriend your myspace page. She says she wouldn't come close to touching you... but it turns out you two have the same sunglasses.
    test
  10. Lush One

Lush One MR. CALIFORNIA

hahaha @ same sunglasses.

tell her not to lie, she loves california dick.

but thats aight tho, apparently a lot of yall muthafuckas is ON CALIFORNIA'S DICK. and plottin on the net with their nerd homies on how to mark OUR STYLE. you say its no ones style? Its CALI SHIT!!! we been freestylin like this for years and now our shit is gettin marked to the 10,000th degree. you wonder why i rep this FRESH COAST shit to the point of redundancy?

its the same thing that happened to the New York cats. its happenin to us now and its fucked. our shit is startin to look corny now.

and bdizzle and prolific, this isn't aimed at yall. this is a general statement of what is going on. im sure ill catch a lot of shit for this because i speak strictly from my heart/emotions and dont have any type of education past highshcool which i cheated my way thru...but this shit is real to me. john coltrane passin out on stage in an opiate induced coma real.
    test
  11. B dizzle

B dizzle New Member

One thing we DO agree on is that the really heavy multi, cali style is getting copied and played out... It'll calm down though once enough people are exposed to it that it doesn't seem so new.
    test
  12. mapleleaf

mapleleaf bumpin onyx in the jag

not to start nothin

but in a battle

lush would murder prolific
    test
  13. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

damn......this is some shit.....I did the same thing as godess, and the absence of both of us has this thread reading like dr. phill........first and foremost everyone rent teaching ms. tingle, for proper usage of irony.......with that cleared up.....you are your own style......unless you impersonate elvis or something, no matter what, you are you......hence, if you are imitating some one being themself you will suck until a little of you leaks out.....I think 50 said it something like "nobody can be 50 better than 50.".........just do you and don't make it somekind of equation, or rule, because that will putt boundaries on creativity.........things like these should not be a question.......trying to hard fucks everything up, and so does asking others how to be you........
    test
  14. JAN1TOR

JAN1TOR New Member

I thought we were talking about the problem of individual rappers style-biting, not that it's OK for one state (cali in this case) to sound the same and the rest can't. because a lot of the cali battlers do in fact use a really similar style.

that heavy multi style is the best shit right now b/c it appeals to a mainstream audience also... but it's just evolution, next year everyone will be on some other shit

and there'll be new posts claiming style-bite

and we'll be back to where we started
    test
  15. Lush One

Lush One MR. CALIFORNIA

do you really think that 'multis' are appealing to a mainstream audience? the average commercial listener has no idea what half the lyrics to their favorite songs even mean let alone their polysyllabylic rhyme structure.
    test
  16. EmceeGoddess

i wonder if id sound hella like illmac/saur if i battled sometime. probably better than both since ive beat them both in battles numerous times.
    test
  17. SiFu

SiFu Burning Down Babylon!

Yea I feel what Lush is saying, I first heard the 3's ting fron Saurus......

But multi's aint a Cali ting, all that came off the internet, I remember back on freestyling.com or whatever and even here long time ago, people writing in TEXT and critiquing each other spawned this whole...Structure thing, I know it wasnt there before and cats just rhymed how they rhymed, I went thru learning different patterns and stuff, and when I freestyle I got a few patterns I like to flip, its like when I free either I'm thinking of content and therefore the style doesnt really come into it that much coz however it comes out is how it does, then other times I like to rap thru some patterns and try to fit words together in different flows, I never really freestyle the same pattern the whole way thru, I just cant do it coz its too rigid for a freestyle........

What annoys me abolut battling is not the styles so to speak, its the fact that only jokes win, Battling has become about 'clowning' your opponent and not showing your opponent your a better rapper, being a better rapper does not mean having the funnest jokes, it means being able to hold ya flow and style and lyrics and delivery as a whole, but after Swann, no its just compare to someone make it funny, I like hard punchlines, I'd rather hear someone say how they'd put you in a vat of sulphuric acid untill you melt to your bones than how gay you are because you look like a gay dude who aint gay but its funny to say you gay so they call you that namean???

PEACE
    test
  18. EmceeGoddess

he wasnt saying saurus invented it, hes saying saurus was the first to make it hella known/popular among the live battle circuit and then people started copying.

and again, i said this back in the day, saurus was the first dude i heard doing the "you look like *someone* after *someone*" where all the *s are the same multi. and even if he wasnt the first dude, him doing it so much made it well known to hella others. illmac also does that a lot and i def think saur influenced him a shit load in that aspect.
    test
  19. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

it's not swann who made other batlers rap with comparisons and jokes.....swann is a fucking animal at battling.....swann does swann, and swann just happens to be funny as hell, and good at clowning.......there are no rules to what makes a good battle mc......except for being good at battling.......since when did being a better rapper mean you are a better battler?........every good battle rapper, from juice to eyedea, to okwerdz, nocando, supernat, saurus, illmac, and even cats like hom; is good because they bring something that makes say damn.....no matter if it is a joke or not......that aside, watch this for a good explanation on how to rap using sick schemes...............http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDz_eTkWuUE this is fucking rediculussssssss..........
    test
  20. Lush One

Lush One MR. CALIFORNIA

wowzerz!!!

legendary slum villa.

thats a good look for the mo right thur.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.