Psychologist Bush explains away dwindling support for the war...

Discussion in 'IntroSpectrum' started by identity-X, Jul 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. identity-X

identity-X No Talent Assclown

video: http://thinkprogress.org/2007/07/12/bush-iraq-psychology/

Q: Mr. President, in addition to members of your own party, the American public is clamoring for a change of course in Iraq.

Why are you so resistant to that idea, and how much longer are you willing to give the surge to work before considering a change in this policy?

BUSH: First of all, I understand why the American people are — you know, they’re tired of the war. People are — there’s war fatigue in America. It’s affecting our psychology. I’ve said this before. I understand that. This is an ugly war. It’s a war in which an enemy will kill innocent men, women and children in order to achieve a political objective. It doesn’t surprise me that there is deep concern amongst our people."war fatigue"? christ. of all people, George W. Bush is in no position to paint a picture of the American people as incapable of coming to a rational conclusion about the fiasco in Iraq.​

"war fatigue"? christ. of all people, GWB is in no position to psychologize the American people and claim they are incapable of using rational thought to draw conclusions about the fiasco in Iraq.
    test
  2. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

I have a sneeking suspicion the Marsh arabs' wetlands ecosystem in central Iraq which saddam drained had been promised to the democrats for restoration, which explains the democrats Iraq-war votes.

But Honestly the Irony is this, democrats in congress kept voting to give president bush carte blanche, but then would turn around and deliver angery indignant speeches opposing the war whenever there was no congressional stenographer around to memorialize their positions. The most ironic 403 - 3 vote for no with-draw in Iraq, says the democrats are major hypocrites who didn't even believe in the rethoric they were spewing.

Fromer north vietnamese colonel Bui Tin: Called the american peace movement essential to the north vietnamese victory.

Exellent point BUI TIN, They do know how to aid the enemy.

I think what bush means by war fatigue refers to families of soilders in iraq. I can see this conflict as psychological-warfare. However, I do believe Political activists don't feel war fatigue infact they take advantage of wars and make profitable careers out of them. Then again I never have a clue what the fuck bush is talking about. However, Fred thompson, is looking rather appealing to me. No-homo!

My favorite line, is when they say the country has never been so divide.
    Forgetting, America was really polarized between 1861 and 1865.

I've got the perfect liberal bumper sticker to keep this party going:

"War kills, partial birth Abortion doesn't."

And for the conservatives:

"mark foley fucked me when I was a page, And All I got was this crappy bumber sticker"
    test
  3. Tequila Jong-il

Tequila Jong-il SALAD TOSSER

identity wants iraqi children to die.
    test
  4. identity-X

bush's comment was a direct response to the reporter's questioning about the growing dissatisfaction among the general population with the war and its handling

the reason so many people in congress, democrat and republican alike, are being "hypocritical" by changing their stance is because we have continually been told one thing (the war is going great...give us more money so we can clean it up and come home!) while the reality of the situation is much different.

but that shouldn't even matter. what matters is the American citizens are growing increasingly unhappy with the handling of the war...

...yet only a small minority in our government, the minority that has the power to put an end to this madness, is pushing forward regardless...
    test
  5. identity-X

i could pull a menaz and blame everything on Reagan...

...but i won't.
    test
  6. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum aka Billy Shoreview

Uh...is he talking about them or us?
    test
  7. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

Yes I'm well aware. Nexttime try to pick up on my sarcasm. I was making fun of the fact bush is terrible at expressing himself.

yeah the reason people in congress are hypocritcal is because they are politicians.There is no such thing as a non hypocritical poilitican. people have to understand the democrats job is to keep all the attention on republicans as the great satan so you don't see what they do. This is how they get votes and funding. They're puppeteering windbags.
    test
  8. War Weariness/Fatigue is an old term dating back to Greecian Republics.

And Id-X, when the fuck did you become so gung-ho about Representative Government? Aren't you the same guy that worships FDR, AKA the Destroyer of the Representitive Republic?
    test
  9. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

bush is just being nice. it'll cost his party alot of votes aif he really says the truth really says the truth.

if u don't support the war, u must either a) hate, or at least dislike american culture and values or b) at best, misguided about world affairs, at worst, some sort of mental disability

id-x, i think a and b apply to you.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.