Psychiatric Disorders

Discussion in 'IntroSpectrum' started by Anidawehi, Dec 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anidawehi

Anidawehi "-----"

Who or what is the "standard" by which all these "disorders" have been discovered. For example . . . to know that it is bright in a room, you must be comparing it to another room which is darker.

What is the "standard" for a normal human being?
    test
  2. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

good question..i would say..as long as there is balance between particular psychologocal aspects..a person is mentally stable and healthy. but as soon as certain psychological patterns , such as fears or insecurities, start influencing your other natural desires and activities, it gets out of hand and could be considered a disorder. i believe its all about balance..i believe its the balance between somatic and psychological health that is important and determine whether a human being could be considered sick or healthy...but where to draw the line? thats hard to say..i believe a healthy mind needs a healthy body and vice versa.
    test
  3. UnbrokeN

ths ''standart'# could be a state of mind in which you are absolutely free to do whatever you want. as soon as you arent ''free'' in your will to live your life as you want, say because of certain neurological, hormonal or psychological issues, then that standart is broken and a disorder could be diagnosed. if you a hindered by personal. emotional barriers..say having fear of heights or crowded places..then it could be labled a disorder.
    test
  4. Anidawehi

Anidawehi "-----"

[funny]

I wonder how many people on this board have naively accepted the phychiatric bullshit they've been spoonfed. There's a disorder for every aspect of a person's personality. (I'm not kidding)

If you're too happy for too long, it's a disorder.
    If you're too sad for too long, it's a disorder.
    If you get angry, it's a disorder.
    If you don't angry, it's a disorder.

If you go through three mood swings in a ONE YEAR period of time you are classified as Bi-Polar (No shit!) haha

I don't think people have any idea how rediculous Western Psychiatry really is.
    test
  5. UnbrokeN

ya i agree,,its fucking bullshit..i tell you by ''modern standarts'' each and every one of us is mentally ill is some way..

fuck this. only the person himself knows how healthy/sick he is. if hes happy and confident with himself without harming anyone, he isnt ill, no matter any fucktarded psychiatrist says-
    test
  6. McGirth

McGirth New Member

From one point of view: (of when society deems people crazy)
    I'm going to have to say that deep down, at its root, the standard is determined by the laws. Namely by the principle that people that do harm to others are a danger to democratic society.

So basically, anyone that displays traits where a certain proportion of people have acted violently in the past (according to research) while displaying are deemed neccesarily to have a psychiatric disorder.

anything anyone else does is tolerated.

Yet, people can opt implictly into having a"psychiatric disorder", by going to a psychiatrist and constructing problems. this is a second category of disorders.

I don't think this has much to do with actual madness.
    test
  7. Anidawehi

Anidawehi "-----"

It's all bullshit.
    There's no such thing.

There is a pure mind and and the impure mind.
    The more impure a mind is, the more delusions the person has.
    The more pure a mind is, the less delusions the person has.

It's that simple.
    Medication is a mask that covers over V's grill . . . it doesn't change the fact that his shit is burned up, though.
    test
  8. Riz

Riz Well-Known Member

You're both right and wrong. If every brain is different, how can someone have a 'chemical imbalance'? How can someone be abnormal? On top of this, when you label people, they tend to become what you tell them they are. So a society that labels its people 'depressed' or 'abnormal' will have depressed and abnormal people in it.

However, tell someone who has a family member with Alzheimer's that there's "no such thing" and be prepared to put your intimidating presense to the test.
    test
  9. Anidawehi

Anidawehi "-----"

Oy

I really have to talk baby talk to you people.
    test
  10. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

I think anyone that thinks God exist has a mental disorder
    test
  11. Anidawehi

Anidawehi "-----"

I wonder if anybody on here actually cares.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.