Ps3 vs. x360

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by Nfamou§tylez, Nov 3, 2005.

?

which one will you be buying?

1. ps3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. XBOX 360 is where is at..

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ax Cess

Ax Cess Huh...

3rd party in the last 2 generations are irrelevant. N64 was fucked because of the medium. Carts cost more money to produce and then Nintendo believing it couldnt lose didnt even make an effort to get 3rd parties involved, their lisencing fees were higher than PS' also

Then we have this generation, while GC was a more powerful console it suffered from Nintendo dominating the exclusives market. lets be real hardly any games sold like Big N's and 3rd parties gotta compete with N as a publisher. You say they didnt have a steady stream of games from Nintendo but they did, they just were all spread across different franchises

Nintendo's smaller disc's were DVD by the way

While REV doesnt offer a HDD it does offer 512 internal flash storage and SD cards....u can use SD cards to just move things your not using over to your PC to manage and trade. Games that can be bought can go straight to your SD cards and PC if your not playing them. With that setup I think 512 is sufficient and SD cards right now arent that expensive and their gonna keep going down.

High Def, well so far I couldnt care less about High Def....As I only have Std.....But heres some food for thought. Say 360 games and PS3 games look great and High Def and so-so in Std.. Now say REV directly competes with them in Std. they look comparibly similiar then the REV doesnt have to worry about having less power. I think only about 15% of regular ppl have a HDTV. I just pulled that # out of mid air I dont know but I know the majority of ppl dont. So for those of us that dont have HDTV we neednt worry about the REV not supporting it
    test
  2. Embassy Sweetz

Embassy Sweetz 360's thee-shit,-b

double post...
    test
  3. Embassy Sweetz

1st off 3rd party support is completely relevant as that is how the console makes alot of thier profits...and yeh your right about the carts which was a pain to developer for
    and im sorry but 512 of flash data is a joke...i still thnik the 20 gb 360 drive is too small...i think the 512 SD card will becomes obsolete VERY quickly and probably never even be used for more than a mem card...and high def is a KEY factor in this generation...yes a very small % of people have one now but the FCC already mandated by 2008 or 2009 or so that HD will be mandatory for all networks and tv's and even b4 that im sure by next christmas time u will see a HUGE drop in HD TV prices and an exponential increase in demand for HD by the middle-class..once aain nintendo is not looking forward and like sony is shooting themselves in the foot... HDD is the future for storage meduim , High Def is the future for resolution and high speed unified online gaming is the future for multiplayer gaming..sony and nintendo are not even focusing on these key features which will be commonplace by this time next year from MS...i think MS is really gonna surprose alot of people...especially next holiday season when all the competiton is out as well...
    test
  4. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

nintendo is shooting themselves in the foot with this one......theres no way the rev could compete graphically with the 360 or the ps3......just cause it doesnt support hdtv doest mean it will look better on lower res tv's.....it just means the capabilities of the system are cut short.....it doesnt even render down from a higher res...it just flat out renders in low res......at least when the 360 renders its all done in hdtv and then downrendred to sdtv.....the quality of the picture is still there........just not in hi-res....
    test
  5. Ax Cess

Ax Cess Huh...

how can u maintain that xbox will render SDTV better than REV, who cares if the quality is there if it cant be realized on a regular TV? Funny how the REV screens havent came out and you're already harping on its capabilities. In a nutshell you dont know shit...all we know is its hardware has the least graphical output of the 3 systems and nothing more.

if the rev renders low res and 360 does hi res but if its on a sdtv its gets converted to low res.... who gives a fuck if u got a sdtv its all the same
    test
  6. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

I've seen it at walmart. I was excited about it till I saw it there...

like i said, it's too...'barely next gen'.

Maybe they rushed it. Maybe they should've waited for better games. Madden 06 shouldn't have even been released on it, if it were going to just be slightly better than it is on xbox1.
    test
  7. LiQuiD6

in a nutshell ive sold tv's and hdtv's for a total of 5 years.....my father was a tv repair man...i know how tv's work.....aint shit a rev can do to enhance its picture over an xbox 360 in sd.......thats your arguement......that since nintendo hasnt said it will do hd....that it might look better then a 360 in sd........thats pure bullshit.....wont happen....dont tell me who gives a fuck because you obviously tried to use it as an advantage for the rev.....and it isnt.....its a pure disadvantage.....especially with these systems in the long run for 4-5 years......having only sd compatibility is RETARDED........especially since if you dont have an HDTV now.....you can still hook up your 360 to your computer monitor and get hdtv through there.......so either way...the rev is behind in technology.....nintendo always puts off the inevitable for no reason....first they went against making the n64 a disc based system and stuck to carts......then they abandoned online capabilities on the gamecube and it was the main reason for them being in 3rd place.....im pretty sure with online support the cube would have sold a hell of a lot more......just face it....nintendo isnt great when it comes to adopting the next logical step in thier systems evolution......they sit.......and wait till someone else does it first.......then they do it......yet they wanna try and change the controller.......no one wants to wave thier arm around and play games.......thats a novelty item....it wont CHANGE video games........its equivalent to the powerglove......the ultra force pad......the nintendo robot.......a whole shitload of shit that was never really that great ........the only thing nintendo really did well...was the light gun......and its now a dead novelty.....the power pad?...never used to its capacity........had to wait years afterwards for dance dance revolution to fix that and make it useful........face it...nintendo isnt the best at implementing its own innovations......and when it does find something unique.......its something no one else will do cause its pure.....novelty.......the Ds touchscreen? pure novelty....hasnt done shit for games except make a couple of busy games...oh and you might take out the stylus for castlevania so you can break some walls....NOVELTY ....id rather play a touchscreen game on my palm pilot.....

and as far as hi-res to lo-res...........downconverting a higher signal yeilds better results then downconverting from a signal that is almost equal.....because there is always a loss in downconversion.....the higher the quality of the original signal....the better chance of streaming a complete signal at lower res......your losing information at less of a curve.....where as a low res to low res conversion has more room for a lesser quality picture to be displayed

you obviously dont know shit here........dont try and push your ignorance on others who do know what they are talking about
    test
  8. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

Really?

Because I saw it on a HDTV and I thought it was fucking amazing.
    test
  9. cyphamasta

cyphamasta New Member

test
  10. cyphamasta

cyphamasta New Member

i don't know what the fuck YOU'RE talking about. i played Kameo at Target and was blown the fuck away at the visuals.

before that i too was skeptical at how much better the graphics would look compare to the current Xbox. after seeing that i want an X360. NOW.
    test
  11. KiLLaMaC

KiLLaMaC KiLLaMaC

i dont really think the voting is fair for ps3

becuz u played xbox 360 and u saw how nice it was or w/e

but ps3 has an a lot better chance of being better

not hatin, but if they want ps3 too sell there deff gonn make it better than 360

<my vote ps3
    test
  12. Embassy Sweetz

well more they " make it better" the more they take outta ya pockets...the 360 was expensive enough...i dont plan on spending MORE than that on any console...
    test
  13. Nfamou§tylez

Nfamou§tylez M O N S T A R R

i bet you any amount of dough that if both systems came out at the same time.. most people would cop the 360.
    test
  14. LiQuiD6

in this case...voting isnt fair for the 360....cause most people only have a ps2....and are biased in thier opinion without even looking at the 360.......
    test
  15. Nfamou§tylez

>True Facts<
    test
  16. xbox360

xbox360 New Member

the blu-ray isnt that big of a deal, since MS/nintendo will use a smaller disc so most PS3 games will not use the blu ray to its full ability since most games are "3rd party games".

games that were on the xbox/Gamecube and PS2 were not as good looking as games only on xbox and gamecube.

and one big thing with the xbox360 is that you can download stuff(news stuff for games Maps for singal and multiplayer mods, weapons for shooter games and so one) and also demos.but you would need the harddrive.
    test
  17. Ax Cess

Ax Cess Huh...

^gee i guess those ps3 exclusives from 3rd partys are just gonna be crap huh?

xbox and gamecube were released over a year after the ps2 was, technology advances

ps3 hasnt comfirmed either way on the HDD
    test
  18. smkn123

smkn123 well alright

im waiting for ps3...it should be tuff
    test
  19. smkn123

smkn123 well alright

i played 360 at best buy and the graphics arent even shittin on ps2 and x box....i could basrely see the difference
    test
  20. Nfamou§tylez

i heard alot of xbox360's are over heating
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.