Ps3 vs. x360

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by Nfamou§tylez, Nov 3, 2005.

?

which one will you be buying?

1. ps3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. XBOX 360 is where is at..

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ax Cess

Ax Cess Huh...

MGS4 realtime, ingame graphics, get over it
    test
  2. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best_selling_video_games
    as of June 2005

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (1.92 million) to its credit...500k pre-orders were put in making it the most preordered game in history.....

Halo 2 (6.3 million) to its credit sold 2.38 million copies in 1 day....the fastest selling media product of all time

http://forever geek.com/games/halo_2_52_million_per_hour.php

Halo: Combat Evolved (4.09 million)

japan didnt buy even 200k copies of halo 1 or 2 combined......so who do you think is buying those fps games?

denying that MS has a better online svc is rediculous.....you should try it...and saying nintendo and sony are choosing a different approach?....how about nintendo NOT HAVING an approach till the rev....and sony letting developers take care of its approach......

and for the record......what i was stating regarding FPS'....is that its an entirely american driven genre.....the japanese drive the rpg market......

i dont fuck with rpg's...most people who really play games go on and on about gameplay......but i dont see anything great in terms of gameplay when your sitting in a forest full of elves and goblins for 5 hours trying to level up because your not strong enough to move to the next part of the map....thats poor gameplay.....if i want a story..ill read a book.....or play a point and click adventure......give me a GAME...none of this gay dice rolling shit hidden behind a gui......nerd shit i tell you
    test
  3. Esko

Esko Retired M O D

until you see it with a HUD its not REAL in-game....get over it...it wont look that good...especially if it launches with the console....

they even said it wasnt in-game....it was running on the real engine but that doesnt mean thats what it will look like when you play.....nobody was controlling sname in that 9 minute trailer....
    test
  4. Embassy Sweetz

Embassy Sweetz 360's thee-shit,-b

dam sony brainwashing in full effect..u think people wudve learned aftrer the ps2 fiasco...remeber how ill all those trailers and tech demos and shit looked when the ps2 was hyped up back in 99-2000..??..then u remember how the 1st wave of games actually looked..???...yeh...exactly....lol@ nba live 2001 on the ps2...god i remember that awful looking shit..dreamcast games shitted all over the ps2 launch...it took TWO YEARS for a a true " next gen" game to come out for the ps2...MGS2...which is prolly how long it'll take MGS4 to come out...
    test
  5. LiQuiD6

yea.....remember the infamous ridge racer footage........which just turned out to be a pre-rendered sequence which was actually the intro to the game.....
    test
  6. Ax Cess

Ax Cess Huh...

^to the two previous posters you're wrong, those were Real-Time graphics, excuse me when I said in-game the term i was looking for was realtime.....

"Kojima held a special presentation today to prove the authenticity of his recent Metal Gear Solid 4 trailer. In a demonstration at the Konami booth, Kojima, along with MGS4 character designer Yoji Shinkawa, played the trailer -- and then interacted with it in real time."

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3143916&did=1

No prerendered clips here
    test
  7. Ax Cess

Ax Cess Huh...

You fanboys are too much, first off like i said nintendo and sony just have a different approach. your not going to pass your opinion on which one is better....FACT. 2nd the only comparison you can make is that live has unified servers and ps2 doesnt....Sony however doesnt have any servers other than for the games they publish and allow them to be played on for free.....Hell if I had to pay any amount to play online the service better be exponentially better than to the free service. But thats not the case they both provide the same underlining experience... Idiots yelling on the mic, since i play broadband players only anyways on ps2 games the play ok lag in some spots on both services, and the biggest point is just being able to play agianst someone online....one free one with a fee....i choose free

and for the RPG comment on leveling maybe you just suck, im not talking about a MMORPG where u actually have to sit there and level. But Ive played plenty of RPGS that just getting to point B from point A is your leveling....maybe u just suck and need to be stronger or as strong as your opponent.

and then for saying something about elves or watever you convey your ignorance....now get back under the bridge troll
    test
  8. Embassy Sweetz

umm..sony and MS are after the same money in our pockets..nintendo is the ONLY company trying sumthin completely diff( virtual boy? lol) and its a fact that sony is shooting themselves int he foot..iono if youve palyed live or not but the experience is just laughable comapre to sonys online crap...and no hard drive...for a " computer entertainment system" ...get the fuck outta here...sony has ALOT of explaning to do...
    test
  9. LiQuiD6

since you feel like the mgs4 material is valid in proving the ps3 > 360....kojima stated that.....mgs4 can be done on the 360....he just chose to use the ps3 instead.....

http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3145585&did=1

and as far as dice rpgs go....there is no "sucking".....the gameplay is dice driven......you roll...hit or miss...continue....add..repeat......read or listen to dialogue...
    test
  10. Ax Cess

Ax Cess Huh...

Where exactly did I say ps3 was better than 360....no even better when did I use the reasoning that MGS4 made the ps3 better? ya I didnt

and there is way more than luck involved in RPGs continue your ignorance....better yet just drop it
    test
  11. LiQuiD6

bro.......i have a brother who only plays rpg's......i own a couple of them......if it isnt a real time battle system.......then its pretty much based on luck......and a menu driven gui...the more you fail at doing things...the higher the ratio that it will occur....hence...more luck.....show me in final fantasy where any battling is driven by any actual gameplay mechanics other then...select attack...wait for the stupid timer....and then wait for a hit or miss.....something like morrowind or oblivion actually uses a real time fight system...in which the outcome is determined by your actual skill and not how often you fail at doing something till your character "LEARNS" it.....that shit is for nerds....its a digitized version of dungeons and dragons with no real gameplay...you arent saying anything other then "oh your so fawkin ignorant...oh my god!"
    test
  12. Ax Cess

Ax Cess Huh...

Funny, you make my arguement for me RPGs are more than just FF....morrowind is one game im talking about, no luck there

And wtf final fantasy game are u playing where ur character learns abilities by failing to execute? fuck outta here

test
  13. Zero-EX

Zero-EX New Member

i reakon the 360 is gonna own but im in uk so nuffin here yet lucky yankz
    but hey dont put the Nintendo evolution out of the competition its got some good stats and i like the new gameplay ability they usin. it mite be a surprise winner
    test
  14. Esko

Esko Retired M O D

it may have more of a marketshare than the gamecube did but i dont see Nintendo taking over the lead in the console race. Being I'm a 360 person I dont see that taking over sony's majority marketshare either. Will MS close the gap? Yes. But sadly we will have to wait another generation or two to see if they can overtake Sony's top-spot.
    test
  15. SECt

SECt My Inner Woman Is A Lesbo

Basically.... the truth is that eventually.... whether people like it or not.... Microsoft will take Sony over in market share. They're fucking Microsoft. They will not lose a war in the overall scope of things.

Whether you like PS or XBOX, who fucking cares. All we know is that the 360 comes out Tuesday, PS3 comes out in a few months. Analysts have said that with all the pros and cons of each system, graphically they will both be capable of the same things.

Cell processors are hard to develop for... that's been quoted by some high-class developers. The 360 doesn't have Blu-ray which will prevent game information to be put on ONE disc, but the games can be broken up onto multiple discs due to the harddrive holding information.

I'm excited to see what happens.
    test
  16. Ax Cess

Ax Cess Huh...

But for this reason I see nintendo taking atleast 2nd place....

Revolution is going to be cheaper and its going to have exclusives no doubt and offer a unique experience. Thus making it a likely candidate for ppl who buy 360 or PS3 as their secondary console....I think its real feasible that nintendo could even become 1st if say 30% of the population buys a ps3 and 15% buy a REV, then 25% buys a 360, and 10% of them buy Rev as their secondary console......Then u got ppl that will buy a REV alone say 10%....that would put the REV in the lead

I like their approach, I wish some things were different but I think that have some solid ground to stand on in the console race.
    test
  17. LiQuiD6

you know what......i have to agree with you on that....it makes a lot of sense for people to own a rev as a 2nd console instead of a ps3 and 360......since they will be so similar......the rev is kind of the medium ground....cause its looking to be very accessable and the type of system to bring out when youve got a group of people over.....the 360 seems to be the logical choice for those who really are into online gaming...and the ps3 seems the logical choice for fans of its existing exclusive franchises....(mgs, final fantasy, tekken, etc.)

shit.....even im thinking bout getting a 360 and maybe a rev down the line
    test
  18. Embassy Sweetz

the thing about nintendo that will fuck them up..is for the last 2 nintendo consoles..theyve suffered through terrible 3rd party support and although thier 1st part games always get good to great reviews..thiers only a handful of them in the consoles life..which is wat ultimately killed the gamecube..besides zelda and metroid and res evil and a few select others..there really wasnt much to buy on that console..and i see the same thing happening again..nnt4endo is always the LAST to converge to a new technology..they waited too long to transfer to discs and never had dvds...and now they wotn even offer High def OR a HDD with the console and thier online sector is still up in the air and didnt even exist for the GC...so like sony...nintendo has alot to prove to me...cuz the only company that seems to be moving in a legitmate and practical path is MS...
    test
  19. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

SIMPLY PUT: If the ps3 IS NOT better than the Xbox 360 (from the looks of things)....then I'll buy NEITHER.

xbox's launch is weak as fuck....these games look like the current ones. Maybe they're all rushed....but when you launch a next gen console...you need NEXT GEN GAMES....they fucked themselves on this one.

I've seen one trailer I thought looked better than current generation so far.
    test
  20. Embassy Sweetz

u are insane if u think none of these games look better than current gen shit..actually u know wat..stop lookin at these low res 3 inch screens on your comp and go to best buy or wal mart and actually SEE it THEN come back and make an opinion...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.