Ps3 vs. x360

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by Nfamou§tylez, Nov 3, 2005.

?

which one will you be buying?

1. ps3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. XBOX 360 is where is at..

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nfamou§tylez

Nfamou§tylez M O N S T A R R

which will be victorious??

ya already seen how xbox shitted on ps2 so bad, that sony went out and did ps3. mwahahaha
    test
  2. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

the ps3 will outsell the 360 once again...just by not as big of a margin......i say ms will hit about 30-35% market share....while the ps3 sits at around 45% and the revolution will have around 20-25%
    test
  3. Pistol Petee

Pistol Petee Pussy Eater

im coppin both....i got that grown man money
    test
  4. PrOFouL

PrOFouL New Member

Well, statistically, PS2 was still running shit, it was just that X-Box had better quality and features, than PS2, that was all and it didn't show for.

I was going to go with PS3, but still waiting for more news. You better hope Blu-Ray doesn't win that standard cd debate or you won't be downloading shit with your 360.
    test
  5. Shenmue

Shenmue New Member

the ps2 sold more last gen, so i dunno what you talkin about. but i'm getting the ps3.. and imo the ps3 will sell more... i don't think the 360 will fail, but i'm pretty sure sony got this. we'll see though, it's going to be close either way..
    test
  6. Nfamou§tylez

Nfamou§tylez M O N S T A R R

you crazy..i dont think it will outsell xbox, hellno... you can't doubt microsoft like that, cause if anything prt 1 shitted on ps2.

just check this out. imagine if all ps2 games came out for xbox... dont you think it would look better on xbox? and play better??? yes it would.

an if you say the controlling sucks...well check this out, you can buy yourself them lil xbox controllers that are much better.

xbox owns
    test
  7. Ax Cess

Ax Cess Huh...

1. xbox came out what a whole year after ps2. and u dont expect there to be any impovements get the fuck outt a here with that fanboy shit.

2. lol well now lets just start imagining that xbox didnt have a harddrive and ps2 and GC did....what games would be on GC instead huh well now that was stupid idea

3. xbox while promising aint touchin ps3 in sales and maybe not even Rev for that matter

Rev is gonna be the console that everyone buys believe it or not, ps3 and xbox are gettin ports and similiar games while Rev offers the only unique experience this gen and its the cheapest
    test
  8. NellyFanatic

NellyFanatic Cuts bitches off

HAhahaha.....

That ass above me said nintendo will lead in sales.
    test
  9. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

Verb, PS2 OUTSOLD the X Box at something like 2-1.

The console packed more power but had no decent games for like 2 years afterwards.
    test
  10. LiQuiD6

lol.....your crazy...you think im a ps2 fan.....for your information.......i ONLY own an xbox.....gave my ps2 AWAY.......and i PREFER the xbox......but realistically...theres no WAY MS will take control of the market in this generation completely.....they sure as hell will have sony shakin in thier damn pants though.......understand that the ps2 outsold the xbox by HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE margains.......theres no way MS will catch up that fast......however they are starting to chop away at sony's market ......this generation it will be neck and neck...with sony only having a slight advantage.......
    come on now......get real
    test
  11. LiQuiD6

1) yes MS came out later on with the xbox.......

2) the xbox had a hard drive because microsoft is a company that directly deals with the PC market...they understand how the Hard drive could help change console gaming.....Sony and Nintendo are out of thier league in this catagory......and the reason why certain games came out for the XBOX was not mainly because of the hard drive.......but because of MS's link to the Software Development world....MS is a better company when it comes to development tools then either Sony or Nintendo.....First person shooters own the American public....RPG's are Japan......MS gives american gamers what they want....so they will always have at least that core market behind them

3) The 360 will sell a lot more then the REV......the rev is still geared toward a small market and doesnt have a hefty online market in place......MOST people want halo.....not zelda...........the best games on the gamecube were Metroid prime.....and RE 4 (which was just ported to the ps2)......
    test
  12. Ax Cess

Ax Cess Huh...

FPS shooters own the American public??? bold false statement maybe they own you but they certaintly dont own everyone....

and whats this about crying over online, I hate this crap everyone associates with XBOX and having a strong online market....hell i forget what the percentage was but it was under 15% of ALL XBOX OWNERS USE XBOX LIVE!!!....so stfu sony and nintendo just choose a different approach to providing online content....

and as far as halo being more anticipated than zelda agian is you trying to pass your opinion as a general statement....even tho most of the ppl in this forum will agree for their own obvious reasons that is just not true on any level....post up the total halo sales and post up the total zelda sales and we'll see how big of a difference there really is.

and RE4 ported well thats all fine and dandy is been out on GC for damn near a year who cares
    test
  13. Esko

Esko Retired M O D

yeah currently its 4-1 in favor of PS2....that is attributed to the year head start and the mere popularity of the name.....the 360 has a very good chance of selling more.....mainly because by the time the PS3 comes out the 360 will have made its first price drop....not to mention Sony has decided against doing a unified online service (like LIVE) which IMO was a huge mistake on their part....not that it cant be done later on but it seems like they should launch with it.....only time will tell and although I'm all for the 360 I wish people like verb didnt have such a fanboyish mood about it.....lets not forget that for a while verb was a massive PS2 fanboy....
    test
  14. Esko

Esko Retired M O D

that must be an old stat....its MUCH more than that....i'll try to find a more recent number
    test
  15. Infamous-J

Infamous-J O.G.

It will outsell XBOX, not because XBOX is bad, but because its PS....Its a household name worldwide, millions and millions of people will but it....Plus its a new console thats better than the last one. Microsoft is still on the come up and they are doing good, dont get me wrong, but Sony has owned the gaming world and will continue to do so for a long time....
    test
  16. megatrauma

megatrauma ...

the ps3 has a lot more to offer. the xbox 360 looks rushed and this gen, it won't last long probably. the ps3 on the other hand is true next gen! so i'll be waiting for the ps3 and i think most ppl are with me on that. the 360 will sell only because it came out so much earlier then the ps3 and ppl want new games now rather then later. but when the ps3 comes i can see a lot of those ppl who weren't patient going back to there game store trying to sell there 360's to make up some money for a ps3.
    test
  17. Embassy Sweetz

Embassy Sweetz 360's thee-shit,-b

ps3 is still a theory to me..sony has YET to provide any tangible specs..its all on paper...and they showed a console with no fuckin air vents in it that looks like a forman grill and a fuckin controller a chick can pleasure herself with...sony seems like thier trying to shove 5789547845045-0458945945 things into one fuckin box that gamers dont need or care about... 7 usb ports???..2 hd inputs..???..lol shit is stupid to me...and with all that bullshit in thier its gonna cost like 500 + with no hadrrive??? and sony is shooting themselves in the foot..they jsut said the other day that theyre not gonna even have a unified online service or community..that its gonna be JUST like the ps2s shittin online service...which basically is admitting they cant compete with xbox live and arent going to try.and they also dont believe in online gaming when 3 million xbox users are subsriced to live and its expected to grow to 50% with the 360..get the fuck outta here...sony has a LOOOONG way to go to convice me to spend that kind of bread on that monstrosity...right now..the 360 is the msot practical and cost effective system out of the 3...the revolution is not even on my radar..thats some fisher price shit..and they havent even announced any games and the specs are still on paper as well..

basically wat im sayin is..u cant even have this discussion now beacuse
    1. the PS3 wont be out for another year and techincally doesnt eveb exist
    2.all we know about the rev. is a controller and a lil black rectangle box of a console and some very low-end specs
    3. the 360 is the only one coming out in the near future and the only one we know practically 100% about and the only one thats playable with fully functioning hardware and software....

: edit: and the ONLY people who will say PS3 is the " better console" or the mor e" next gen" console are un informed drones who either:
    1.were " wowed" but pre rendered tech demos from e3 that even sony announced were " artists interpretations" of top sony franchises
    2. saw the spec sheet and alk the big numbers made thier dick hard.. 8 CORE CELL SUPERDUPER PROCESSPRRRR !!!! 2.3 TFLOPS!!!! OMGFRGJGK GOD..get the fuck outta here..do u even know how those numbers corresepond to gaming..??..no??? exactly...
    3. much like EA fans..they will blindly follow anything SONY urinates on in terms of Playstation without knowing the SLIGHTEST bit of info on the system or the competition

or

4. they saw the MGS4 in-engine ( not In GAME) " cinematic"...

trust me..when the times grows nearer for a PS3 launch and all the mistakes and emissions and " re-workings" of the console come to light..u will see alot of heads turn to MS's direction....

this is the PS3 so far

Ps3
    1.no air vents in a system with 8 cpu cores aka MELTDOWN
    2. wat most publications are calling the WORST controller in the history of mankind
    3.NO harddrive included
    4. NO unified online gaming service..which means any game publisher can do watever they want online and that u will have a diff name and password for EVERY game u wanna play online...and that they publishers can even charge watever they want...
    5. runs LINUX operating systems which bascially means i NEED an HDD to even RUN the console..since u cant have an OS without a HDD
    6. a system that devs. say is way harder to develop for than the competition
    7. a system that will more than likely cost more than $500 for the " basic" package..IF they have multiple SKU's
    8. a system using an unproven storage medium ( blu-ray) that will jack up the price even higher...

the 360
    1. standard pricepoint of $400 that includes a 20gb HDD
    2. wat most publications are calling the best controller ever.
    3.wat every major publication calls the best unified online service ever created for gaming ..xbox live..which btw is free with the console to surf...but 50 bucka year for online multiplayer..very affordable for even the brokest of broke...
    4. top-end graphics with affordable yet quality parts which top the most expensive PC grahics and will more than likely be eqaul to Ps3
    5.proven medium ( dvd)

note all of these are facts which have been stated by a number of publications and gaming sites..so dont come with some fanboy bullshit...
    test
  18. plusTAX

plusTAX IFitAINTbroke,DontFIXit

x360 is better than ps3
    test
  19. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

it's all just a subjective opinion... the biased reviews/previews will run wild.. finding out which system is truly better.. in my opinion, isnt even feasible. Just go with what you like.... whatever system has the series you like the most.. if you can afford both.. get both.
    test
  20. Esko

Esko Retired M O D

launch games never look that great....PS3s launch games wont look any better than 360s do....it all depends after the laucnh how developers learn to maximize the abilities of each console....and "TRUE NEXT-GEN"?!? are you serious...the only thing you have seen from PS3 are rendered CGI movies....until you see gameplay its all speculation....at least we know what 360 games look like and those that are in development, mainly Gears of War, look INCREDIBLE in-game...not just cut scenes and movies like what has been presented with PS3....anybody can pre-render something and make it look really good...remember the very first kill.zone how nice that looked then it looked a ton worse when it was released??
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.