PS3 vs. X360 vs. Wii Thread

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by StuntF50, Oct 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Embassy Sweetz

Embassy Sweetz 360's thee-shit,-b

yeh but these multi-billion dollar companies are brilliant at making people *think* they need thier products( windows , walkmans , i••••, HD etc)...so who knows...if Blu-Ray and or HD DVD is marketed well enough it might catch on...and if the price drops significantly in the next year...who knows...
    test
  2. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Only way it can catch on is if they stop making DVDs.
    test
  3. xbox360

xbox360 New Member

you all know what i think. : )

WII

gaming:i think its not that big of a differnce then xbox360 and PS3(i was thinking it will be bad but its just a little differnt. but it looks like you will need to be full of energy to play good, witch is good for little kids. it does look fun. but i was watching a video of shooting game and it looks like thoses arcade games with a gun witch lead me to think is it a new idea?

graphics:it will not be = to the xbox360 or PS3 its that simple
    sales: it will sell more then the PS3 at the start of there battle for sales just because the number of consoles for sale. but the PS3 may sell better then it in the up coming years. the number of sales will catch up to the xbox360 sales fast. overall production of Wiis for 2007 would be 7-9 million.
    http://www.gamespot.com/news/6159406.html
    Price: the price point will have people willing to get it.
    Disk drive:no DVD playback
    i will do the others later need to go
    test
  4. xbox360

xbox360 New Member

PS3

gaming:the game play will have a mix xbox360 and wii fell, but whats the point to have the movement thing similer to the wii the gaming will be fun as well as the others. the games arent there as they where for the PS2, thats because sony bough there 1st party games because it was sega and nintendo only but now MS is the big boy with the money.

Graphics:i have seen the videos of games on PS 3 and xbox 360 and graphics of the games, xbox360 and PS3 very much even.

Sales: well sony arent going to make 6 million PS3s untill about jun/jul/aug well xbox360 is about to cost less to make so they can make more and will. and the wii planing to have alot of consoles for 2007 may have the PS3 by the neck at the end of next year.

Price:the PS3 is cost alot more then the wii, it will cost more then the xbox360. will this hurt the PS3's sales? yes, why wouldnt it.

Disk drive: it will have blu-ray
    test
  5. xbox360

xbox360 New Member

XBOX 360​

gaming: it will feel similer to last gen, expt since its more powerful then last gen it will have better gameplay. the areas will be bigger, the AI will be smarter, and if a game looks great you will be WOW.but his goes with all the next gen consoles. xbox live is the best online of all consoles.

Graphics: there on pair with the PS3. but will look better then the wii.

Sales: Total: 5.0 million consoles sold, as of June 30, 2006

Price:in the middle of PS3 and wii price

Disk drive:it is DVD playback, you can buy a HD DVD drive
    test
  6. A-Doff Spitler

A-Doff Spitler Nick My Lutz

I'm a little late but check it. PS3 is dope. Xbox360 is dope. Wii is dope.

PS3 - Probably is going to end up popular for the rich people. 500 buck version and a version that's 600 bucks. The only difference is one is black and the other version is chrome. That a little stupid, people don't care how the console looks they care about how it plays. Plus, it has features that aren't able to be used yet. Until the TVs come out with that blu ray or whatever it is it's irrelavant.

Xbox 360 - Not cheap but not expensive. Disadvantage of them is that some probably are going to end up recalling. Nice controller lay- out as they got rid of the black and white buttons. Better button access. Xbox is on top right now in my opinon.

Wii - Until I can play it again my thoughts are pointless. A lot cheaper than the other consoles. I like the controller layout also.
    test
  7. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

I don't know why you guys say that the Wii controller is gimmicky. It's clearly taking games to a new level of realness. Not to say PS3 isn't either, but what sets the Wii apart is the controller being 2 separate parts. it'll make any game more realistic, especially those where the on screen characters use two hands.

That means all sports gams, driving, shooting. it's hard to think of a game it won't pertain to. It's the only way to get people to stop complaining about what the characters do on screen. Now you're really in control. I can't see that not being fun unless you're a lazy bum.

Personally, I'm going to get a Wii. The price of the systems don't bother me. The price of the games do. Considering that for every so many PS3 games you buy, you could buy 1 extra game on Wii. And IMO, those more "grown up" themed games are not good enough to justify the price difference. In most cases, I think games like MOH, Resident Evil and GTA just suck and begin to bore me after 2 weeks tops. Internet play annoys me after a couple of months.

if I could go bak in time, I would have rather gotten a Game Cube instead of my X Box and PS2.
    test
  8. xbox360

xbox360 New Member

Gorilla Nasty, i know what your saying. but i think the weakness of power in the wii will hurt its game play
    test
  9. Graphx

Graphx Word? Word!

^^ not at all...I haven't noticed a single flaw in gameplay or graphics for the Wii yet...sure, they aren't as pretty as my 360 but its pulled off smoothly...no glitches, fast loading and because they arent completely obsessed with making every blade of grass sway in the wind or every rock shine in the sun, they concentrate on gameplay and really get the job done...as always with Nintendo
    test
  10. Embassy Sweetz

the same thing thats happened to every nintendo console since SNES will happen with the wii...nintendo will make great games...but every other game company will make horrible, gimmicky, rushed out games...look at the gamecube...wat good non-nintendo game was hot besides RE4..??...very very few.

3rd party companies have no chance of survivial when nintendo is thier main competition.

plus 3 or 4 years from now when the 360 and ps3 are wll established i think the wii graphics will REALLY start to show thier age.

people say its gameplay over graphics...but why cant i have BOTH...the gamecube had both for its time...why does it have to be different now..??..just cuz nintendo says so..??..its stupid..
    test
  11. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Im disappointed in next generation graphics anyway. The improvement is not that drastic. Until things start to look real, I aint gonna be impressed. Games like RE4 on Gamecube looked incredible, so if the WII is a bit more powerful, then thats fine with me graphic wise anyway.
    test
  12. Embassy Sweetz

then u have really high standards...cuz games like Gears on a HD set are breathtaking...shit PGR3 looks lifelike to me....

i dont think people realize how much better games look in HD...night and day imo.
    test
  13. xbox360

xbox360 New Member

xbox360 and PS3 can have more and better AI, so on that side of game play its weaker(wii).
    my $ 60 graphics card can run games better then, the wii.
    test
  14. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

Interesting point of view on the Wii.

I just saw a commerical on tv, It was for a cheap baseball game.
    Here's the kicker, You hold a bat-like control and whatever movement
    you make the batter in the game will make.

I'm looking at this graphically-challenged-baseball-game thinking those graphics are Super-Nintendo-like yet they have the Wii-like controller function. Honestly, the Wii graphics aren't up to par with the 360, So basically your paying for a slightly better graphical version of that baseball game.

strange!
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.