PS3 vs. X360 vs. Wii Thread

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by StuntF50, Oct 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StuntF50

StuntF50 Underground King

This is the thread for the console war between Playstation3, XBOX360, and the Nintendo Wii. Discuss your thoughts, & so on. I'm gonna put a lot of thought into this, so here is what I think.

I personally think that the PS3 is on top, then the X360, then the Wii. I've played the PS3 and X360 so far, not the Wii, so I'm not exactly sure about it. The PS3 was a great experience playing at DigitalLife 06, there was only I think three PS3's and I skipped the whole line though. My ten minute NBA Live 07 game with the PS3 was great, the graphics were great, and the gameplay. A lot of people may not like that they kept almost the same controller, but trust me, you will. The X360, I just ordered it actually. After saving up for some time to get all the systems, I finally have enough. My friend has the X360 and I've played it and it's pretty cool, but I'm afraid the PS3 will beat it. The PS3 Network will hopefully be better then the X360's Live. I think they have a better system using currency for their Playstation Store, etc. The Nintendo Wii is also a unique system which I am getting. I love the sensors and thats it most looken into feature. A lot of people don't look into it's other features unmentioned. Like, will it feature online play, etc. I'm not so sure about the Wii till they give us this information. But either way, I will still be purchasing one. I'm waiting for the GameStop online pre-orders as I was in school during the store pre-orders.

So my top vote is the Playstation 3. [readit]
    test
  2. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

if your basing your opinion on the ps3 being the better machine because of the online network....your opinion becomes null and void....because Sony's online structure right now is a scattered mess.....and there is no way Sony can defeat microsoft at the online game.....

its just not even logical...

now if you base it on sony's existing franchises licensed by 3rd party contracting...then your making sense....they have japanese developers wrapped around thier fingers....
    test
  3. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Pros & Cons of all 3 systems. Unbiased.

Price & Availability

The price of the WII cannot be fucked with, with christmas here its probable alot of parents who dont want to spend 1000 dollars on a system will opt for a WII for their younger children. Plus the gimmicky controller will have kids asking for it to begin with. But at 250 bucks, no online service to really be concerned with, and cheaper games as well, the WII definitely is the poor mans system. Wii should be shipping 1 million units for launch, so there will not be any shortages.

360 is obviously next best. For those who arent worried about this HD DVD and Blueray shit, the 360 can be copped for 400 bucks. If you do care about that DVD bullshit, the DVD player will cost an additional 200, making it the same price as PS3. But I reckon most gamers arent too consumed with slightly better quality picture in DVDs. 400 Bucks for a next generation console isnt bad tho, especially when you can get away with getting it for 300 too. Xbox 360 got the headstart, and still have the advantage of having not only new ...but used consoles on shelfs this holiday season. No, you wont have to spend 2 grand on ebay to get one either.

PS3, pricey, definitely a disadvantage. When everything is said and done, I dont think people will think the PS3 is worth 600 bucks. Plus its shortage is gonna make people question whether its worth the 1000 dollars and standing in line 6 months.

Blah, all in all, fuck this shit, itll take all day. All in all, I really think 360 is the best bang for your buck. Unless your truly passionate about having a blue ray or HD DVD player, then I would say get a PS3. 360 and PS3 will have the same blockbuster titles, but 360 had Halo and Gears Of War as exclusives. Sonys exclusives are metal gear, and thats it. Final Fantasy? I dunno. All In all 360 has best bang for buck.

Personally, I dont think its gonna be a winner. Sony blew out competition last time. But I think Sony and 360 will end up around a tie, maybe even a 3 way race with WIIS price and availablity.
    test
  4. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Like I said before, I never even played a regular XBOX, and I owned a ps1 and ps2, and 360 made a believer about me. No fanboy shit, just bang for the buck.
    test
  5. Matt Hood

Matt Hood New Member

rofl @ this whole effin thread. please never make another game thread again. i'm not getting a ps3 unless i come into a large sum of money that i have no plans for or if they drop a game that i can't live without that's a ps3 exclusive. wii i might get because of the star wars light saber controller rumor/game or whatever it is that i've heard about. i bought my 360 in july and i love it. the achievements in the profile makes it almost addicting for me and i highly doubt that ps3 will compare to xbox live. sorry but ps2 tried online and it did ok on some games and some games it made trash.
    test
  6. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

Last time I checked, Sony outright said they weren't going to approach any form of online community like Live! and proclaimed they'd keep it as is, which is non exsistance.
    test
  7. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Sony gets points for their online being free tho. Granted I dont think 50 bucks a year for Xbox live is a bad deal, 4.25 a month really. That aint shit compared with the 60 I spend on internet access to begin with.

Iunno, I dont see anyone winning the war, itll take prolly like 3 years, before there could be a true winner. But even when Sony and Microsoft systems price drop, they are still much pricier than the systems out now.
    test
  8. Matt Hood

Matt Hood New Member

sony online is decent on some games some games it fucking sucks.
    test
  9. Look im Gangsta

My penis is bigger than the PS3 console. Yup.
    test
  10. Esko

Esko Retired M O D

The details on the free service are very vague.....the way the phrase it is the "basic online system" will be free for all users....since LIVE has 4 million subscribers I don't see Sony skipping out on having a premium online service which they charge for.....
    test
  11. Look im Gangsta

I can't see charging users for it. It's hardly a formal service.
    test
  12. Esko

Esko Retired M O D

not the current one.....the new one that will be launching with the PS3.....PNP i think is what they are calling it....or PlayStation Network...
    test
  13. Look im Gangsta

I thought they said they wouldn't be launching one.

Ah well, it's still atleast 1 0r 2 years away from rivaling Live!
    test
  14. Esko

Esko Retired M O D

it wont rival LIVE....simply because of the jump MS had on the Sony network....they used to say they werent launching one until they realized how much people like the unified service....
    test
  15. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

not even...sony just announced that they are giving the network no name.....because they dont want any playstation to be labeled "offline".......hahaha

they arent building any unified service....they are just letting developers handle thier own service for each game.....so its gonna be pretty much like the PS2 system of online...........which means.....shitty....them mofos dont know what they doin online
    test
  16. Esko

Esko Retired M O D

i just saw that as well.....the sad thing is they could have done a good job with a unified service and now it looks like what they are going to do is a mix between the PS2's online setup and the good service they could have had.....IMO thats a big mistake....
    test
  17. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

But wait!. .. Gamers dont want online play, they want fucking blueray players!
    test
  18. Embassy Sweetz

Embassy Sweetz 360's thee-shit,-b

it all comes down to this stupid fucking retaded blu-ray /HD DVD battle....

if blu-ray catches on(which i doubt) but if it does...peopel will gobble up the ps3 like they did the ps2....but if HD DVD catches on...and becomes the standard...sony is screwed...and blu-ray will become betamax 2 ...if NIETHER catches on ( which is wat im assuming) ...the 360 will lead this generation..simply beacuse of the price point and the lack of a forced HD medium.

the Wii is up in the air ( ZING!)...who knows...if the controller proves to be gimmicky then its'll flop and only be accpeted by nintendo fanboys and children...if the wii turns out to be a legtimate controller alternative than it'll keep up steady sales...but i think the lack of any true graphical upgrades will catch up with nintendo in a few years...
    test
  19. Embassy Sweetz

Embassy Sweetz 360's thee-shit,-b

but none of this will be decided until the big boys come out to play...

metal gear 4
    halo 3
    GTA 4
    final fantasy 13 ( mostly in japan)

those games have enough pull to almost single handedly decides who wins this generation...
    test
  20. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

I think the general populace is very happy with DVD players. There is no need to evolve further right now, I dont see EITHER one of these shits catching on. Who wants to pay more for the DVDs too?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.