PS3 VIDEO LeaKED... (the vid of the screens someone posted)

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by Ed E Brock, Apr 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ed E Brock

Ed E Brock RM's version of this guy

test
  2. matchbox

matchbox New Member

wow...just wow....i better start saving up now...
    test
  3. SoulBoy

SoulBoy Bitch wheres my Grammy

test
  4. Teqzi||a

Teqzi||a yellow-bellied coward

not that awe inspiring. I was more impressed with the first revolution screenshots considering how much less horsepower the revolution is purported to have.

not necessarily. A tech demo designed to demonstrate graphics doesnt have AI, collision detection, physics engines and a 1000 other things using system resources.
    test
  5. SoulBoy

Please. I'm sorry but if you aren't impressed by these screens your just being picky. Especially Ratchet and Clank. You can't deny that this shit looks CG lol. I don't care if you want to see in-game screens first...its still blows most of the shit out of the water that i've seen on any of the systems.

And the Motor Storm tech demo was using the in-game graphics engine man (i got a nice quality video with audio). So all the mechanics are worked out...so they shouldn't have to dumb anything down when they finish the actual game. And the demo they showed had a lot of shit turned off and missing (other cars, trees ect.) that will make the game look even better when its done.
    test
  6. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

the only thing in that video that looks impressive is the rachet and clank scenes......but they are entirely scripted........

you guys obviously havent sat down and watched pgr3 for 360......or Ghost recon for 360.......they shit on all those videos......except for rachet and clank......which.....isnt a game shot........

using the game engine doesnt mean thats how it will run......if events are scripted and animations are manipulated.....then it DOESNT MATTER if its ingame engine......you have to see actual shit RUNNING.......

like EA with the fight night round 3 demo......the animations on their original video were not realistic to what they could actually achieve......sure the graphics look even better then the original video on stills....but in motion....with gameplay......the animations and actual movements of things in the game world arent as seemless......
    test
  7. SoulBoy

Why must you ride the 360 so hard? Let me ask you a question...

Whats wrong with a PS3 game being nice? No where in this thread did anybody say Project gotham or Ghost Recon wasn't impressive. Stop being all definsive and shit for 360 lol. I swear if i said this shit was on the 360, ya'll would be talkin about how impressive it was.

Plus you can't compare Ghost Recon or Project Gotham to any of these games. This is a low quality trailer of tech demos. When we get hi-quality gameplay footage and screens then you can compare. Plus i got plenty of PS3 games I could compare wit 360 games..i just got no beef so i don't.

And yes...the Ratchet and Clank demo is real-time. And yes you can compare them to other games because they will give you a good idea of what to expect from the finished product since it uses the same texture and models.
    test
  8. Esko

Esko Retired M O D

Tech demo is the key phrase there....the games will NOT look like this...maybe after a while when the developers are able to tweak their work to make use of the hardware better....but keep in mind the same thing will be going on for the 360.....

just like the PS2 and even Xbox tech demos that were seen prior to launch the games wont look that good....
    test
  9. Ax Cess

Ax Cess Huh...

fine look at my icon
    test
  10. Ed E Brock

Ed E Brock RM's version of this guy

Sorry fellas... nothing 360 has out TO DATE looks as good as that shit.

I said I'd give both a fair shot... and I still will.

But if ps3 does look like that... it's no contest for me.

I admit i should've waited for xbox last time, and this time i'm not making the same mistake with a slightly different scenario...

IF...

it looks like that, hell yes... I'm there.

360 still hasn't made me feel like they're 'next gen' worthy. Best believe before i shell out 500 bucks on a system i'll get the best one available.

and lol @ nintendo. haha..... nintendo.
    test
  11. LiQuiD6

no it doesnt..........wtf......lol...

most of the time the texture maps and models are scaled down to compensate for the extra power needed to use those hi quality texture maps and models......

something is eventually lost from a tech demo.....Ive never seen animations look as good as any tech demo when the games are finally released.....because its SCRIPTED.....fight night round 3 is a perfect example
    test
  12. Vikto Beats

Vikto Beats aka Viktomajarmo

I highly doubt those are in game. I saw a bunch of vids like that at last years e3, we wont be seeing real game shots until they actually display the ps3's with games. And I'm just as excited as all of you are, im waitin in line for ps3 just as i did with xbox so dont give me that sony hater bullshit. Been going to these conventions for a while now and its always like this.
    test
  13. barnizzle

barnizzle HIP HOP

remarkable graphics

best i've seen ever
    test
  14. shit will be insane... hopefully they dont fuck the games up like they did 360 though.. especially madden
    test
  15. FortiFied Killa

FortiFied Killa New Member

considering that was shot on a hidden camera and thus will look even better in real life, that's crazy.

but to the guy who said it will be 450-500, there's no way, unless they completely scrap the blueray dvd player. But if they dont it will be around 700
    test
  16. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

the graphics are nice but that is scripted.

its not in game footage.

Just like the 360's wasnt.
    test
  17. Supaman_EBT

Supaman_EBT Don't Call It a Comeback.

I work in Electronics at Wal-Mart and our Sony Vendor has told me that as of right now..the PS3 will be UNDER $400
    test
  18. Esko

Esko Retired M O D

^^though they might be right (technically) the cheapest I see it being is $399.99....i have a feeling it will retail for $450-$500 though.....
    test
  19. LiQuiD6

and so....e3 conference.......and NONE of the playable games look anywhere close to that...

-falls over-
    test
  20. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

I've never been much of a graphics person.

Sure, they are a nice bonus. but I'm more into games that are so fun they make you disregard your social life.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.