PS3 to get DVR/TV Tuner capabilities....more moves by the 'dead' console

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by Ethan Albright, Aug 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ethan Albright

Ethan Albright New Member

Sony's making MOVES.

Microsoft is not. You see the difference?

Microsoft still can't make a fucking console that'll last more than 6 months without needing a replacement. There is no more advantage. When you truly think about it, within years, the 360 really doesn't have the advantage with great games either. We always say it "yeah, but PS3 has no games!"......what the hell do we have on 360?

Sign in to xbox live right now and tell me what people are playing?...Gears of War is finally dead, so unless you've got a shit load of friends, your list if probably pretty weak and people are just testing random games......

Really, what do we have better than the PS3?....Games that aren't out yet? lol PS3 has great games that aren't out yet too.

It's hilarious. And Cane can't be taken seriously, because he was on regular xbox's nuts so much it was ridiculous. He probably bought a 360 at launch.

I never even knew 360 had a TV Tuner/ Recorder? Why does nobody know about it?.....does it suck? Does it even work?.....

and you can't say the systems are shit then say you're playing your ps2 or fucking ds lite lol....just doesnt work.
    test
  2. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

How do you come up with microsoft not making moves...and sony making moves by using something that microsoft has already had in progress....

the ps3 tuner is only for NEW ZEALAND for a new tv service they are releasing over there......NEW FUCKING ZEALAND...
    it just shows you have a slant...you didnt even bother reading the link you posted....the 360 tv system has been in the works for a while now...and its coming to NORTH AMERICA.....and requires no external hardware...Its all done with software on the 360...

The reason no one is up on the 360 tuner is because it was announced over a year ago.....and it isnt game related....so many gaming sites dont push it..they did most of thier iptv announcement on general keynote speeches and not anything geared towards gamers..and in order to do television on a console you require many contracts from service providers....and its what microsoft ahs been working on......specifically in california where governer schwartzenager approved a bill for more iptv support in many southern california counties....

If i sign into my 360 right now..most of my friends are playing gears of war, rainbow six vegas, forza 2, the darkness or bomberman live....

(and i really did just sign in on xbox.com and thats exactly what they are playing)

bioshock, masseffect and halo 3 are coming in less then 3 months.....
    test
  3. Ethan Albright

oh shit lol...i just realized it isn't even out yet. Total fanboy spin. Sony's playing catchup while the Microsoft version wont even be here 'til one month before the PS3 version?

hilarious.
    test
  4. Ethan Albright

Well, your friends obviously are either slow, or just havent gotten tired of those games yet. People still play rainbow 6 vegas? lol

I cant even find anyone to play a game of gears with anymore.

and yeah....more games that aren't out yet. Cool.

How do I have a slant when i OWN A 360 yet i DONT OWN A PS3.....think about it.....
    test
  5. LiQuiD6

uh yes....a shitload of people play rainbow six vegas.......and gears of war....but you seemed to omit bomberman live and forza 2......

(and lets not get into how ps3 owners JUST got rainbow six vegas)

and regarding more games that arent out yet? ..its SUMMER.......most of the good games come out between september and november.....

yes you own a 360......but you obviously have a slant if you think something thats been announced for the 360 about 8 months ago is good news for the ps3

what points are you trying to make? cause you are all over the place??
    test
  6. LiQuiD6

The microsoft version will be here this holiday season....
    the ps3 version will be in NEW ZEALAND ONLY in 2008 for a specific cable provider in that country....

hilarious that you seem to keep forgetting those tiny details
    test
  7. Ethan Albright

Ok. So let's put it in perspective:

360 has been out for how many years?....and has their version coming out "holiday season" (which of course means MAYBE in december, and it'll probably be pushed back because microsoft can't make shit that works correctly)....

PS3 has been around for how many years?? And they have the same exact technology coming out 2 years before the 360 could?....

I didn't mention bomberman and forza because...wtf...it's bomberman and forza. Are you serious? Those are notable games?....Those games both are ass. While you're at it, you should mention that one guy is playing DIRT and another is playing UNO.
    test
  8. LiQuiD6

if forza is ass...then grand turismo is ass..forza is one of the best racing titles EVER released..and bomberman is ass?? wtf? since when?

its obvious the problem here is your taste in games and not the console....

and the ps3 technology is not the same......it requires a hardware tuner....its basically turning the ps3 into a cable box..and is only being applied in a VERY small area..not exactly ground breaking....you only have 1 tuner..so you can only record what you watch...unless you purchase some kind of tuner with multiple tuners built in which would cost more...the technology being used here is equivalent to the TV on your Game boy advance adapters that came out for nintendo...

the 360 version is being done completely through software and using cable over ip which is a completly different system.....the ip system isnt limited to tuners so you can stream more then say 2 channels to the box....so in theory you can record 5 programs in the same time slot provided because there is no tuner...the system is completely digital.....

and you keep using the point of how long the ps3 has been out to the public......that point is MOOT......because the ps3 and xbox 360 have been in development for the SAME AMOUNT OF TIME.....

remember the ps3 and 360 were supposed to come out at the same time......the ps3 was delayed because of the blu-ray diode and laser that was required to manufacture the machine......so using your poor "time" excuse is exactly that....a poor excuse.......

the fact of the matter is that the iptv service being released on the 360 is lightyears beyond this tuner and recorder being released for a tiny market in new zealand...lets not even get into that microsoft is attacking the american market...and not a specialized cable company in one part of a small country...a company that only has about 20 cable channels and is not HD...seriously how the fuck is this good news to you that some guy in new zealand gets 20 non hd channels on his ps3??

iptv is set out to REPLACE cable companies...and your sitting here wetting your pants on some bs little shit

for real..just give up...your not winning this arguement
    if you would have just seen the youtube video link i posted explaining how the system works you would see that its something very intricate and something that microsoft has been working on for a long time......

[youtube]C0GijX9SSjU[/youtube]

go do some research on iptv and then come back into this thread

http://arstechnica.com/guides/other/iptv.ars

[youtube]D9msq5GE3Xw[/youtube]
    test
  9. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

That is awsome. I hate the charter cable company. Can't wait until xbox360 becomes my new digital provider.
    test
  10. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

How is Sony making moves and MS aint?

MS introduced the TV concept about 6 months ago. I believe THATS the reason for the 120gb HDD.
    test
  11. LiQuiD6

thats exactly my point.....but this fool ethan doesnt get it....

he also doesnt understand how primitive the tuner on the ps3 for NEW ZEALAND is.....and how much more different and advanced the iptv based software system on the 360 is......
    test
  12. Ethan Albright

Good job.

I still don't see where ps3's is New Zealand only?...Am I missing something?

And Forza IS indeed ass. A boring ass stiff racing game...yes, just like Gran Tourismo.

And Sony has announced more interesting offers and upgrades than 360 has....Sony actually acts like they're trying to EARN customers whereas 360 wants to ride the game lineup's shoulders and hope it works out.
    test
  13. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

^^wait so securing good games as exclusives is a bad thing now???

And adding worthless features to an overpriced machine that lacks exlcusives is a good thing?? Features that are shadows of the features offered by the competition.

wow
    test
  14. psunit

psunit Hail to the Lions

So basically, PS3 will be losing even more money now?
    test
  15. Cane

Cane New Member

oh yeah lol. do i have to actually field examples for such a vacuous claim?

care to elaborate? this is too vague for me to even attempt a rebuttal

as for games, i'd list the many excellent titles, but i have a feeling you'd do the same thing to them that you did to forza and gt.

i'm lazy but i know there's a site out there that lists what people are playing on live. could someone look it up?

i'm not saying anything that isn't true. i've no emotional affinity towards any machine, it's just that sony is being incredibly short sighted and stupid. is ms was doing it, i'd talk about them, too.

meanwhile it's clear you've taken a side and you're not forcing reality to stop you in your quest to "ZOMG BASH THE ECKSBOX!
    test
  16. Cane

Cane New Member

and i'm sorry but no one in a store, when examining two products, gives a shit about which company spawned the concept first if both release around the same time. i guarentee you 100 times out of 100 that won't even be a factor.

i don't get sony. they drop the price.....then raise it? like good grief, they act so stupid people look like fanboys when they simply just point out there mistakes. they had a good thing going aaaaand....they're going to piss it away.
    test
  17. LiQuiD6

you dont see that the annoucement was made for new zealand....they said NOTHING about north america...
    test
  18. Cane

Cane New Member

ok third reply, but this is just the most clueless thing said in this topic so far
    test
  19. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

You'd swear some of ya'll got vested interest in these companies by how vehemently you defend them.
    test
  20. Cane

Cane New Member

the worst part about these zealots is regular, non fanboys get automatically lumped in with them when they just state facts objectively
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.