PS3 to get DVR/TV Tuner capabilities....more moves by the 'dead' console

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by Ethan Albright, Aug 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ethan Albright

Ethan Albright New Member

test
  2. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Honestly...NOBODY cares. I aint saying this as some fanboy. But nobody gives a shit about what PS3 does. NOBODY.

The 360 is just as big a piece of shit, and nobody gives 2 shits about that either.
    test
  3. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

You realize your gonna have to pay for all that right??? probably like 200 for a whatever size hardrive they gonna require for it, and whatever it's gonna cost for the tuner itself, when you could just get a tivo for the same price??
    test
  4. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Fuck TIVO. My cable company offer some shit called DVR. Digital Video Recording. I got 2 of them. They record up to 40 hours. Anyway, shit is like 4 bucks a month more than a regular cable box.
    I just wish they would quit trying to combine all this shit into 1 system. Next thing you know the PS3 will have its own fucking speakers and a 10 disc CD changer. The only thing Sony can offer me that I dont already have, or that someone else cant do better is games...maybe someday theyll get back to that.
    test
  5. Ethan Albright

Ethan Albright New Member

Yes, I do.

Do you realize you have to pay for the HD DVD drive for the 360? And when you do that it becomes more expensive than the PS3 that already has a Blu-Ray player?

This add-on will be about as much as the HD DVD add-on. You decide....

and yes, many people care.
    test
  6. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Thats the thing. Nobody gives a fuck about HD DVD or Blueray. At least Microsoft doesnt make us pay for the shit we dont want.

But no, nobody cares. Gaming has gotten too far away from Gaming and too much about a complete home entertainment console. I dont need PS3 to be a computer, I have a computer more powerful than PS3 will ever be.
    I dont need a shitty Blueray player, if I want one...ill buy a nice one that shits all over the second rate shit Sony has.
    If I want TIVO, well, I already got it, and again...the quality is far superior.
    NOBODY gives a shit about this stuff which is why neither 360 nor PS3 are selling, and WII cant stay on the shelfs. Youd think theyd take fucking note of this and do something....but they keep pushing their own agendas.
    This is a game forum on rapmusic, needless to say...most people posting in it are hardcore gamers. Look at the percent who dont give a fuck about any of that shit. Its overwhelming.
    test
  7. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

Why would i buy an Hd DVD drive though??? if i wanted, i could download HD movies off of live

i don't want too though....
    test
  8. ReverseSWAT

ReverseSWAT Active Member

Thats pretty cool move by Sony.
    Considering they want PS3 to last 10 years.
    Its becoming a media hub for your living room and everyday life.
    A Game Console/Computer/Blu-Ray Player/DVD Player/CD Player/Photo Album/EyePhone/Media Store/karaoke machine and now a TV recorder.
    People may hate PS3 but its definitely versatile and will cover a lot of ya everyday life for however long it lasts
    test
  9. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Watch....5 yrs down the road they will be pitching the same old ideas...that never really come to fruition. They had tons of shit the PS2 was gonna do...and in its 6 yrs lifespan...it never did.
    test
  10. ReverseSWAT

lol Wow, What are you?
    The Anti Christ of the PS3 or something?
    I never seen such hate disdain or whatever for one system. Especially one not even a year old. lol
    If Folding@Home for PS found a cure for a strain of cancer you had chances are you'd say "Fuck that cure, I'll just wait and get a better cure 5 years down the road when I know cancer is starting to win vs me. But right now, who cares I still feel good" LOL
    test
  11. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Honestly...PS3 and 360 both suck. PS3 sucks harder...but they both suck.
    test
  12. ReverseSWAT

test
  13. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

Exactly. All of these consoles are basically shit. Oz put it best. Noone cares about this stuff, including me. It's looking more and more like I wasted $400 dollars on my 360. It just sits there and collects dust. My cat even sleeps on it sometimes, lol...I don't really give a damn either. I play my PS2 and nintendo games on my computer. The PS3 should be marketed as an expensive foreman grill and the 360 as a luxury kitten bed...my cat seems to like it..ALOT. Maybe it's all the damn heat that thing generates? A kitty version of a Kraftmatic!
    test
  14. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

this is hilarious that your bigging this up as a plus for the ps3.......because this was announced for the 360 over a year ago....its called 360 IPTV....that just obviously shows that you dont know much of the news regarding the 360....since theres no way this is "better" then anything youve heard in the past 2 years...especially since this ps3 tuner with dvr capabilities is only for new zealand...they have made no announcements for north america

its the primary reason why microsoft didnt bother with hd-dvd....between marketplace and iptv (the digital tv/tivo service)

this is sony playing catch-up and your trying to play it off like microsoft is behind....

lol....

re-evaluate yourself

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[youtube]C0GijX9SSjU[/youtube]
    test
  15. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

^^Shit i got a 360 and aint no about the tv stuff......but i play games on my system so i wouldn't even look for it...lol

how much it cost to watch tv on it??
    test
  16. Cane

Cane New Member

sony is not doing anything right. and it's so bad that when we point it out, it looks like we're badmouthing them and hate them. ftr, from the topic starter is obviously emotionally invested in a pro-sony anti-ms type of way, which is just silly.

if sony were to get their act together, i'd be perfectly fine with them. but as it stands, they're making mistake after mistake.

what is killing the ps3? cost. what makes it so pricey? it's stuff. the blu ray drive, the stupid multicore processors, etc.

so what's the solution? why, you add more stuff!

good god, sony just doesn't learn. the gaming market is not a market which wants an all-in-one super megaconductor of coolness with a toaster and gps and four blu ray drives that power your dishwasher.

they might, if it were $399 or under. this market today is a price market, first and foremost. no matter what sony adds on to this thing, it won't matter. at this price, they should not be worrying about making it into a pvr (which is just likely to lessen the lifespan of the fuckin' thing) and concentrate on the games. because i'm pretty sure no one was sitting around thinking "hmm, i've got no damn games, but i wish this thing could record tv!"

anyone who spends 600 bucks and up on a ps3, probably has a pvr anyway. they're attacking such a tiny market that they're not helping themselves. they keep breaking the rule of being in a hole - don't keep digging.

the ps3 is like the car that doesn't have anything removed when a new version comes out, and instead just has more and more stuff being stuck onto it, until it's so heavy it cracks the cement when you drive it and bottoms out.

bottom line, like i've said before, it may be a deal to some, bu that some is a tiny amount and until they lower the price and get some games, it'll keep getting embarrassed when the sales figures are released. it's not a deal if you don't want it.
    test
  17. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

Doesn't mean fuck all to the global Sony market because only Yanks will get this.
    test
  18. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

Yo I'm with oursin, I didn't know that shit either, how do I get that on my xbox? Does it cost?

Xbox 360's graphics card can also support direct X 10, which will shit completely on the Ps3, the amazing part is sony's graphics card can only support something similar to direct x 9. Sony fucked up, I knew I made the right choice to abandon them after Ps2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWjQ7c2T54Y&NR=1

Mute the annoying music.

Sony is hurtin'

Skip to 5:04, watch it from there til finished.
    test
  19. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

lol get a pic!
    test
  20. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Word to Cane. I been saying that shit forever.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.