PS3 price slipped

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by Jammin' Jobus, Apr 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Infamous-J

Infamous-J O.G.

did i really just get neg repped for that ? ? ?

another thing, go to ign.com they got a big article on the release and other things.........
    test
  2. kaLeeF

kaLeeF me and weed go waaay back

can i pre order this already??
    test
  3. Infamous-J

Infamous-J O.G.

^^^Nah not yet, dont worry you will know......Since the release date has been released(november) they should start taking them soon, but get one(a reserve) fast cause their gonna go quick.....
    test
  4. Blocc_Rocc

Blocc_Rocc New Member

The Most I've paid for a system was back in 94-95 ..i bought a panasonic Cd-I.....and about 3 months later they stopped making games for it?!??!..and it cost $500...32 bit system...This was about a year before ps1 was every released so the graphics were ground breaking at the time.....lol...but yea....600 dollars for a system is a bit too much even with all that multi media shit....not all consumers want that.....ill end up waiting a year to buy one....
    test
  5. cyphamasta

cyphamasta New Member

that's because it's not as power as the 360 or the PS3. i'd stay away.
    test
  6. BLooDSHoTT

BLooDSHoTT R.I.P. Point Game

Its gonna be 400-500

They will not release for more than that .. why? 1 thing called the Market

If its to high people will go fuck that ill just get the 360 .. Sony people are not dumb they know this .. this is why

theres are millions of people that are waiting for the Ps3 but would like to have a 360 and if its to high will say fuck it and just get the 360 till a ps3 price drop .. (me being one of them)
    test
  7. Little Lotus

Little Lotus New Member

well, if there's a demand.. they can release it for 600 dollars..

because only a couple of thousand will be released.. and people will be like damn you got a ps3?

its business. i believe it'll be 600 dollars.. ps2 was 300.. that was 6 years ago.. the world has changed.. and prices have gone up

Sony = smart.

1 year after release price.. 499.00

just watch.
    test
  8. prophicey

prophicey New Member

remember when neo geo was like $2000 dollars and 3do was about $700 dollars that was some crazy shit , and do you remember what the games cost ...that was crazy too!
    test
  9. Atom React

Atom React aka JAYO

i feel you, i felt guilty coppin 360 to, it was way to much for me
    so anything more is an easy no

its not like im gonna "miss out" cause personally at that much money i dont even care, and fuck a down payment on a car, i copped my car for like 4300, thats almost a 1/4 what it cost
    no way
    test
  10. snowy

snowy 39k Rap Song Music Folder

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/706/706133p1.html

PS3 will go on sale first in Japan on 11/11 at a price of 59,800 yen for a 20GB model, with a 60GB model set at open pricing. The US will get the system on 11/17 with cost set at, respectively, $499 and $599.

(I liked how he compared anything that costs less to the PS3)

""This is the PS3 price. Expensive, cheap -- we don't want you to think of it in terms of game machines. Because the PS3 is like nothing else.

For instance, is it not nonsense to compare the charge for dinner at the company cafeteria with dinner at a fine restaurant? It's a question of what you can do with that game machine. If you can have an amazing experience, we believe price is not a problem."
    test
  11. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

I think Sonys making a huge mistake. They offer too much needless shit like this blue disk. Hell, who doesnt have a DVD player? Nintendo smart for not wasting money putting that in a system.
    Anyway 600-700 dollars is a massive amount of money to spend on games, and it's going to hurt Sony badly. They will succeed all in all, but its not possible for them to sell as many units as they did of PS2 at a pricetag like that. Maybe half?

Right off the bat, 600 we'll say, plus tax...you got 650 in a console right there. Can't buy a console without 3 games which'll run you about 200 bucks. So your up to nearly 900 dollars for just the initial investment purchase on the system, that's insane. Granted 360 would cost you about 650 for the system, 3 games and everything else, they at least offer the option of a cheaper system, which in my view will put them ahead this time around.

Ive never had an XBOX, but Ima get the 360. Ive always had a PS2, but I cant be bothered with the PS3. I got the money, but it just aint worth it, plus I dont feel like dealing with the shortages and shit again. Nintendos WII is shipping for 250 bucks. This is gonna be a huge selling point for parents who wanna get their kids the next generation console without spending nearly 1000 dollars. Shit should be interesting...

I think the 360 is giving the most bang for buck tho.
    test
  12. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

You didnt need a better TV to experience better graphics from PS1 to PS2. Same shit here. You will still have better graphics, this HDTV bullshit is all hype. It makes the shit more high res, but in all reality, it dont matter that much. Graphics will be much noticably better though.
    test
  13. Atom React

Atom React aka JAYO

yeah, regardless of TV the games run waaay smoother and everything

ive played a few games from HD to standard, difference is somewhat noticable in some aspects, and it might run even smoother but for the most part its better on anything, just the details
    test
  14. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

It runs the same no matter what. lol Your TV wont make your system work better, the only difference is in the crispness of the picture.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.