PS3 price slipped

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by Jammin' Jobus, Apr 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jammin' Jobus

Jammin' Jobus S A D B O Y S

The word is out. Yesterday, Vice President of Sony Computer Entertainment Europe George Fornay let the PS3's European price slip. According to Fornay, the PS3 will cost between 499 and 599 euros. That translates to between $613 and $736 for us in the States.

Sony has been saying that the PS3 will be expensive for months now, and Fornay followed up his blunder by insisting that these price points are a quality deal for a Blu-ray player. Nevertheless, all previous attempts at selling videogame consoles at this price point have been rather dramatic failures, even when the systems incorporated 'new' multimedia features.

There may be some hope for lower price points in America. The European market generally gets screwed in consumer electronics, like the $299 iPod selling in Europe for 299…euros. That's a huge difference. Will we see the PS3 launch in the States at $499? Let's hope so, or else we'll be looking at the 360 to carry the industry for the next 5 years.

Sony has recently stated that Fornay was making completely personal statements and speculation, and that the announcement is in no way official. On the other hand, they said the very same thing after Sir Howard Stringer, President of Sony, let slip to Variety, of all places, that the PS3 would be delayed until this fall. It would seem that Sony executives need a refresher course in minding their tongues when speaking to the press.

source:ign

....fuck that...too pricey.
    test
  2. Yung Dibbz

Yung Dibbz New Member

nintendo revolution it is....*prepares remote control skills*
    test
  3. Purple Haze

Purple Haze pop warner hof

Beast @ 700 dollars.

This shit better drive me to school and make pancakes, shiiiiiiiiiit.
    test
  4. r.a.v

r.a.v whats hood

actually

500 euros is 750$ and 600euros is 900$
    test
  5. - Artie -

- Artie - MacMillion

wow, I was waiting for the ps3 over the xbox, but thats just too much.
    test
  6. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

Even if the PS3 does hit shelves for 500 euros, that doesn't necessarily mean American gamers will be paying upwards of $615 for the PS3 when it comes out. Price points vary between territories, and systems are frequently more expensive across the pond. For instance, the Xbox 360 core and premium packages launched for $299 and $399 in the US, and 299 euros (about $367) and 399 euros (about $491) in Europe. http://www.gamespot.com/news/6147148.html

So it'll most likely be around 550 - 600 here, but they may take a loss on the American Market by selling it cheaper. That's their best bet i believe to keep em in the console race. The japanese version will probably be overpriced to make uip for it, cause they allready know the japanese will be buying the system.

so hopefully it'll drop for the same as the 360
    test
  7. enef

enef voting against DZK in every round.

too much?

once u see the ps3 you guys act like u wont cop

700 bones is alot, but what are u gonna do wait a year till it goes down?

360 was expensive, but it was a damn good buy

plus

with the economy the way it is, youll be spending it on gas, so either way, ya spendin 700 bones, might as well get the ps3 and put the v-6 away
    test
  8. Jammin' Jobus

Jammin' Jobus S A D B O Y S

lol and whats so great about the PS3? paying for a bunch of stuff im never ever going to use.
    test
  9. P R I M O

P R I M O Shout out to Autotune

just start saving now if you want it
    test
  10. MeSko

MeSko I love Fat Chicks

that ridiculous...

i'd say 500 max is the extent taking into consideration inflation and quality etc as compared to the old systems that i would buy anything...

i felt guilty copping the 360..

no way in hell i would shell out another 600-700 bucks on a fucking gaming system...

thats insane...

i'm sure a lot of families with kids who copped the 360 to be the cool parents even though moneys tight aint even gonna look at the PS3..

maybe xbox releasing early might have given them an advantage amongst your typical lower middle class / lower class consumer

i mean 700 bucks?

thats insane...

fucking video game system and two games gonna cost you a down payment on your average car...
    test
  11. - Artie -

- Artie - MacMillion

test
  12. - Artie -

- Artie - MacMillion

god fuckin damn it
    test
  13. P R I M O

P R I M O Shout out to Autotune

shit growin up i never got any systems on time

weather it was nintendo, sega genesis, super nintendo (didnt get that), saturn aint get that.... hell lol I went from sega genesis to Playstation 1

I got ps-one like 2 years after it dropped... when 2 came out i was still stuck on ps-1

but fuck that... when this ps3 come out, im gonna have that bitch on the first day

this is personal damnit

plus, playstation is the shit. i cant wait to play NCAA Football, Madden, or Live on Ps3

wow
    test
  14. all KillaH

all KillaH New Member

^i feel you nigga was rocking nintendo when everybody else had supernintendos and segas haha
    test
  15. M.J. Twelve

M.J. Twelve New Member

Game stores are going to need armed gaurds at all their stores...

Btw what is the going rate on a pound of reg? lmao....
    test
  16. ILLRoyalty

ILLRoyalty just pooted

Nintendo Revolution is the future.
    test
  17. Oneduh

Oneduh Guest

That's fucking insane.
    test
  18. EdJames

EdJames I'm Ed James Bitch

I'm sticking with my PS2. These new Gen consoles ain't got shit on the old versions compared to the difference between a Ps1 and Ps2. Unless you got a 50 inch plasma you ain't gonna notice ANY difference.
    test
  19. urban_tactics

urban_tactics aka johnny cockram

lmao@ 700 dollars........the fuck outta here............i WILL be waitin 2 years AFTER to cop....by then i'll have plenty games to choose.....
    test
  20. Hibernation

Hibernation Well-Known Member

Just Wait A Year Or Two For When Its 300
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.