PS3 Price drop!! 100 dollars off ANNNND....

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by Ethan Albright, Jul 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

your pulling numbers out your ass...

call of duty 2, kameo, perfect dark zero, condemned, pgr 3

^ all on launch date.....

thats far from "average"...

the ps3 had resistance and ridge racer 7....thats it

as far as your pulling 360 hardware problems "dwarfing" anything...

i think you need to do a bit of research on the initial ps2 issue......the first couple million that went out..just like the 360 had a major design issue
    test
  2. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

People shouldn't argue about stuff they don't know about....

I never had problems with any of my systems.....because i buy them about 6 months to a year after they release...lol....my first ps1 still works....and i vaguely remember them having hardware problems with the ps2, but i got mine like 8 months or more after it launched....

the only console though that broke on me, was my orginal xbox.....right after i got my 360 too.........I don't know what's up with that.....

and on the price issue, analyst are now saying this was a ploy to goat microsoft into lowering the price of the 360...lol....MGS gameplay was just released, as amazing as it looks, it aint 600 dollar good
    test
  3. Ethan Albright

Ethan Albright New Member

test
  4. Ethan Albright

And MGS4 not 600 dollar good? But Gears is 500 dollar good? Add that Blu-Ray feature and....hmmm....

plus the ps3 is 500 dollars now. Even without the amazon deal.
    test
  5. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

360 is 400.........

Plus i didn't buy my 360 to play gears...but it was one of the games that convinced me...I bought it cause it had better and more games to choose from....and the ps3 was 200 dollars more.

Mass Effect
    Halo 3
    Bioshock
    Assassins creed
    Stranglehold
    The Darkness
    Splinter Cell

ect ect.....enough for me to stick with my 360......1 game aint enough for me to drop 500 for a system i'll probably only play one time
    test
  6. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

I never said MGS4 wasn't good..hey, I don't even know if it's good..I haven't played it! I am saying that PS3 is not worth me buying for just 1 or 2 games. I love metal gear to death...but..paying for a console just to play it? Nah. Gears was a great game by the way..but 360 had some other decent titles that made it worth the buy. It still has some good games out...i just don't have a chance to play often. Being a graduate student sucks. At least I graduate next month, YAY! =o(
    test
  7. Cane

Cane New Member

let's not get carried away. of course it would jump temporarily. even 135% more won't save it, believe me. it's still going to be floundering because of the price point. 600 bucks will not in any way cut it in the gaming industry. microsoft doesn't need to do anything.

best thing for MS to do, is wait until the new batch of 360s come in, with the new architecture, and lower the price then. i think they balked at the idea of dropping it when sony did because what's the point of trying to sell more of something that has a 30% chance of failing? it'll just cost them anyway.

just wait until the new hardware's ready, and drop it then. just make it it's before the middle of sept. then, you get a price drop around hao 3 time, and holiday time, and that's going to do wonders for microsoft. absolute wonders. and sony will still be a distant third.
    test
  8. Ethan Albright

lol...fanboys...

I have a 360 myself. No PS3...i just don't understand why people choose a side and defend it with every excuse possible.

You do the math. Sony's sales are beating Microsoft's like crazy right now. Sony's sales are going UP. 360's sales are going DOWN..........what happens if that continues? Pretty simple.

and OurSin - You bought your 360 for games that aren't even out yet? That was a smart move. You say you didn't buy the 360 for gears, you bought it for....gears ANNND....splinter cell double agent? lol
    test
  9. Ethan Albright

and if the 360 is 400 dollars....the ps3 is 500...with a Blu-Ray player.
    test
  10. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

I stopped reading what you had to say after this...obviously you didn't pay a lick of attention to the latest E3 conferences. Did you not watch the powerpoint presentations with graphs? Dude, the Wii is even outselling the PS3..you are HORRIBLY misinformed. You seriously need to redirect yourself to the E3 website before you waltz back into this thread.

I'm willing to debate with arguments that make sense..but as a supposed TRUE gamer..you SHOULD NOT be making statements like this. The internet is full of information about console sales figures...no excuse whatsoever.

In terms of fanboy..noone is a fanboy..the obvious is being stated here. Look at you though...you are blindly defending a machine that you don't even OWN..yet you get on OurSin about games that arn't out yet. 360 has alot of titles coming out that look promising..PS3 doesn't...only 2 decent games man.

Ahh..forget it.....this statement of yours explains it all.....Not to mention that you are using a Slippery slope argument to counteract your ignorance . Go inform yourself.
    test
  11. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

Of course i bought it for games that didn't come out yet...lol....

I mean i tried to just list the exclusives, but i'm also playing fight night and oblivion........but i chose to get the 360, cause the exclusives were more abundant and better.....

None of the exclusives on the ps3 are worth the price point to me, so i got my 360. I was gonna get both, but still aint convinced yet.....

And because gears was one of the games i wanted i bought it strictly for gears??? no, i bought it for Mass Effect more than anything actually.....can't fucking wait for that one......

How am i a "fanboy" for that though??

and about the sales.....The ps3 sales have gone up for what, 3 weeks??? That shoudl be expected with a price cut. Still have 10 times as many 360's on the market....and it's all the 60 gb models that will be out of stock in a couple months.

i dont' see hte ps3 getting out of the hole, unless they actually reduce the price of the ps3 foreal. but this is a start.....

I just can't justify spening 500 on a new system right now, espeically when aint none of the exclusives even coming out till next year....and by that time, the cheaper systems won't exist anymore...which is lame as fuck

if the ps3 was 400 from the get go, i probably wouldn't have either system yet...
    test
  12. ReverseSWAT

ReverseSWAT Active Member

I'm not pulling any numbers, its true. And yeah, the launch was average. Condemned & Perfect Dark Zero were good though, The rest are over hyped. And I never said PS3's launch was close to average. It was close to failing. Luckily Resistance Fall of Man rocked, plus Genji was pretty fun.

Plus considering nearly 1/3 of every 360 is defective, thats huge. I mean seriously. PS2 was no where close to that bad.
    test
  13. Cane

Cane New Member

the key here being-what if that continues

it won't. simple as that. we're not fanboys because we're just stating facts.
    test
  14. LiQuiD6

so pgr 3(a great arcade racer)...call of duty 2 (one of the best war fps games) and condemned (received very favorable review averages around 82% and was an overall great game) all sucked cause you said so....while the majority of game fans and press gave them great reviews...

and your pulling numbers because we have no clue what the 360's failure rate is and your stating 30% as fact off of a guestimate from a blog that was sent in from a random gamestop employee.....
    test
  15. DaAlmightyDolla

DaAlmightyDolla Greatness

im loyal 2 sony but i dont even have a ps3....

see im not a gamer like i used 2 be. for average joes like wat i turned into the wii is the way 2 go cuz of the price and fun factor( reasons y ppl buy it 4 thier kids). i would get 1 but nintendo always been 2 childish 4 me

i only got the 360 cuz it was a gift and i have nfs carbon. shit freezes up from time 2 time so i just shut it off.

the only reason i would get the ps3 now is beacuase of the blue ray feature....
    its gonna take ova and i might aswell get it now... it(blue ray) would take 2 long for it 2 drop down 2 a reasonable price.

so overall if i had 2 choose ill go with

gaming system w/ average games now( and future great titles )and blue ray - ps3
    over
    gaming system w/ good games ( with future good titles) and a dvd i already have- 360

from wat i seen some games look better on the ps3. when sony wants 2 they can push their system farther than i feel xbox can
    test
  16. ReverseSWAT

ReverseSWAT Active Member

Quit trying to put words in my mouth crony. I never said any game sucked and I said Condemned was good. Are you blind? Plus, Call of Duty 2 and PGR3 were over hyped up. Doesnt take a genious to see it was seeing how Call of Duty 2 was heavily marketed as 360's selling point and PGR3 was Microsofts franchise racer on its 3rd installment thats going next gen.

And 1/3 defective rate is about as accurate as it gets.(I had mine replaced a few times). Just think about the billion dollars worth of warranties
    test
  17. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

Yea, Microsoft is losing a lot of money due to having to fix defective consoles.

Anyhow, I wanted to make a remark regarding blueray.....

Maybe I'm behind or something...but...when did Blu-Ray become popular??..more so than standard DVD's? am I missing something here? Me personally..I don't care abt blu-ray...I am fine with DVD's. Blu-Ray is useless unless you have an HD tv..but even then...DVD = HDTV gives a good quality picture. The Blu-ray format is kind of stupid too. I know the discs allow you to make movies longer...but guess what? Hollywood will never do that because it costs more money to make longer movies. So, Blu-ray discs will just be filled with a bunch of crap that no one cares about like extra features and endless cut scenes.

My position stands though....the PS3 is not worth the money..at all.
    test
  18. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Jesus christ...you just dont get it. NOBODY GIVES 2 FUCKS ABOUT BLUE RAY, OR HD DVD FOR THAT MATTER. NOBODY. Maybe a very tiny percent of the population. People are satisfied with regular dvds. Why spend so much extra on new players and 30 dollar movies? People are not all stupid...Blueray and HD DVD is hype that no one gives 2 fucks about.

I got a 360 i never play. I could give 2 shits about any system really. But the whole 'THE PS3 PLAYS BLUERAYS' SHIT IS GAY. Ill tell ya right now, even if I ever buy a PS3 (tho I say i aint now, im known for impulse purchases like this) I still aint gonna buy Blueray movies. Shits are 30-35 dollars and offer nothing that a regular DVD doesnt offer. OK, a slightly better picture...I dont really give 2 fucks.
    test
  19. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Oh...and lets all be honest. We have all aready purchased our systems...we have made our decisions. Who gives a fuck what system is selling the best at this point? It isnt going to change our decision. Who really gives a fuck. Nintendo is blowing the competition away, and nobody is calling it the superior system, or even saying it has superior games because of this.

Im just sick of people making such a big deal about gay Blue Ray and HD DVD. Ill at least give Microsoft credit for not forcing some shit on us that we dont want or need. The PS3 without the Blueray player would be how much cheaper? Fuck, it aint even the price...I could give a fuck if a system cost a G if it was worth it. Its just the principal, I aint gonna pay for some gay shit I dont want or need.

The only positive thing that I could ever see coming out of Blueray, is if they use all that space to put entire seasons of shows...and what not, onto 1 disc. Or maybe, an entire movie trilogy onto 1 disc.

With that said tho, if Blueray ever does become the predominant format, Ill buy a real blueray player...I aint gonna use some second rate piece of shit PS3 blueray player.

I got a question too...does PS3 play regular dvds? So if and when Blueray makes this great takeover u speak of, will blueray players play regular dvds??
    test
  20. LiQuiD6

i aint put shit in your mouth...your saying the launch sucked.....call of duty 2 was better then call of duty 1....it was an amazing game.....360 or pc...didnt matter.....it was far from overhyped..it averages a 90% rating on gamerankings..and overhyped game doesnt deliver on its promises.....ive never heard anyone say call of duty 2 was overhyped because guess what...it delivered....pgr 3 was a great racing title......regardless of you thinking they were overhyped....they were still good games....and it completely goes back to you saying the 360 had a weak launch...when 5 good games obviously isnt.....
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.