PS3 Price drop!! 100 dollars off ANNNND....

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by Ethan Albright, Jul 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ethan Albright

Ethan Albright New Member

Why do you come to the fucking game forum? All you do is bitch like you want someone to feel sorry for you.
    test
  2. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

I come to this forum for the same purposes as yourself Mr. Albright. I do not "bitch"...nor do I "rant"....If I am talking about a dead system like your PS3...I provide factual information to back up my statements. Why would I want someone to feel sorry for me...feel sorry for what? Matter of fact...what are you speaking???? I'm probably older than you...I've played more generations of games than you have...so I am not here to engage in some pre-pubescent fanboy argument. If you've got nothing positive to add....then subtract yourself from this thread. You get owned in every forum that you weasel yourself into. Now, I could go off on a profanity laced tirade, but for what? Your rationale is very sketchy and your thoughts have been utterly biased rubbish thus far. Come again.

Goodbye sir.
    test
  3. Cane

Cane New Member

it's not a deal if i don't want it. the ps3 is tanking and they're having an emergency fire sale. that's all this is. the price will be back up to the stupidly astronomical levels it was before and it'll continue to tank.
    test
  4. Old Soul

Old Soul Nipple Nibbler

Oz just nailed exactly how I feel about this
    test
  5. Butfuklo

Butfuklo New Member

That Amazon.com deal, is it going to be a limited number of systems sold or is its just a limited time?
    test
  6. ReverseSWAT

ReverseSWAT Active Member

Why must people continue to hate on Sony, when Sonys always delivered quality products unlike Microsoft who uses cheap parts and made an entire continents system to be recalled lol classic. I like X-box and the games but a system dying 6 times in a year is ridiculous. I mean the price drop brings PS3 only 20 bux ahead of XBOX Elite. and as I recall people who complain bout games must forget 360 had the same problem PS3 hasnt been out a year yet ppl are on its nuts hating like it wont deliver in the end. Fanboyism is ridiculous on this site.
    test
  7. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

the 360 didnt have the same problem as the ps3.....it had better games in its first year then the ps3.....as a matter of fact many review sites compounded scores from launch last generation and this new gen and the 360 had the highest review scores......kameo, condemned, perfect dark zero, pgr 3 and call of duty 2 on launch date....thats not a "weak" game lineup at all.....so stop making shit up...

as far as the 360 fucking up..its not a "cheap" parts issue...the 360 was built anything but cheap..its a design issue..do you have selective memory of the ps1 and ps2 having design issues? Do you not remember sony getting a class action lawsuit against them for defective systems....do you not remember people putting ps1's upside down because the power supply was melting the plastic off the cd lense motor?? Do you not remember the ps2 being shipped with random bad dvd lenses that wouldnt read discs or would fail over a short period of time?

see? i can easily paint YOU as the fanboy
    test
  8. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

That's a fact of life I think....nowadays....game system developers.....even GAME developers have deadlines to meet. Occasionally,...more often now than before because of all the competition....bad products get past quality control and you end up with glitchy consoles, glitchy games with text errors..etc. Like I said..we are seeing this crap more and more because the industry is so competitive.

I'm not a fanboy of any console..but Liquid is right...I had a ps1 and a ps2...there were complaints about both. Both of them had problems with overheating. My PS1 used to overheat all the time. I would play a game..the crap would decide to overheat and it would freeze up(especially while you were playing Tekken for some reason). The early ps1 machine always froze.

With my 360, fortunately, it has been a pretty much well behaved system. I don't play it much..but..when I do play it..I don't have any problems at all. Some of these ppl don't vent it properly...that's my honest open. When you don't vent a computer properly...mechanical failure will set in. It might be as automatic as a system crash...or something progressive which winds up needing extensive repairs.

Like I was telling these guys before..the 360 gets VERY hot. I was playing it in the winter and my dining room was a bit cold and drafty. After playing for 30 min.....the room was rather comfy. There are videos out there where ppl have fried eggs using their 360....the machine gets hot people!....VENT IT. Vent doesnt mean put it in an entertainment center with the backing cut out either. PS1 was even worse because some assclown decided to put the vents on the SIDES of the thing...so that ruled out it's place in an entertainment center.

Yes, Sony did dominate the gaming market..but the PS3 just doesn't have any games. Developers don't want to mess with it because it's difficult and costly to design games for. It's common sense in corporate america.....if you have to manufacture something..u want to be able to make it on industrial scale as cheaply as possible and maximize your profit gain. Designing a game for the PS3 vs. one for the 360 isn't profit maximization. Not to mention that most gamers own 360's as opposed to PS3's, so, developers either jump multiplatform or get risky and become exclusive to another console...what does that mean? "More Profit!". Who would have thought that "Crash Bandicoot" would become exclusive to 360???? Wasn't that Playstation's mascot?

Noone is hating on the PS3...but...the reasons for it's failure so far are resultant of the aforementioned. The console has great potential, but, unfortunately it's internal architecture makes it difficult for game designers, it costs TOO MUCH money, it has no games and it's online play doesn't come close to Xbox live. I myself had high hopes for the PS3...but..if u open ur eyes..it's clear to see that it just aint doing to well and it really isn't worth the money. Thats the honest truth. Sales figures do not lie. There is NO WAY to make a "turn around", as you say, when developers are not willing to sign on and make games for your console, when all of ur decent games are multiplatform on a cheaper console..OR if you don't have any groundbreaking titles unique and exclusive to ur brand of system. Xbox 360 has signature games and has stolen every PS3 exclusive except MGS4. A console is only as good as it's games.....
    test
  9. Cane

Cane New Member

lest we forget the ps2 was built like a kinder egg toy
    test
  10. Ethan Albright

Ethan Albright New Member

Did someone really say the 360 had better graphics on launch than the PS3?

Uhhh.... No. lol....

But yeah. Sony will rebound. It's no biggie. I don't understand fanboy types that try to overact to the whole situation....it's a console for christ's sake and if it raped your mom...i understand. Otherwise..what the fuck?

And this is for a limited time, which blows.
    test
  11. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

Rebound with what games??? The PS3 has no games! and no good ones in the future. Rebound with MGS4????? Yea Right....How can you rebound when you've lost all but one of your exclusives?
    test
  12. Pyro Tecknik

Pyro Tecknik Harbinger of DOOM

who said that?

but you sound like a sony fanboy yourself....and not just in this thread. i'd understand if you came with some actual facts to support your statements, but since you don't their just your opinions, that sound biased even...being so sure that it will rebound...will it? you must know something no one does, not even sony.

and if anything, most people in here including myself are being fair with anything said about the ps3....just stating cold hard facts and not even over reacting or making anything up. the ps3 is looking rather bleak right now, that's no secret...and it's future isn't looking that great, a rational observation.
    test
  13. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

Say what you will about the PS3 as a gaming console, but you're an idiot if you think HDDVD will beat Blu Ray to the punch.

Blu Ray is already taking up considerable shelf space whilst HD DVD has a VCD sized allocation.

Ultimately I don't care. All I care about is that DVD's will be dirt cheap soon. But 4 months ago you pricks wouldn't shut up about it.

Now the PS3's tanking and even then, Blu Ray is already dominant.
    test
  14. ReverseSWAT

Seriously...wtf? Never have I seen such unrelenting biased attitudes. Anyway, PS1 & PS2 never had the persistent mess that 360 had, or atleast never had sucha PR fiasco. I like my 360 and games but its the most problematic system I ever owned yet I'd still defend it from biased viewpoints..and I've owned dual systems from Nintendo/Sega to PS3/360, so no fanboy, here. Its just sickening how PS3 hasnt been out a year before people pass judgement and yes 360 had lil to no games for 6 months and I would know I got mine at launch just like PS3..and its laughable to think all PS3 has to offer in terms of games is MGS4. Thats like saying all 360 has to offer is Halo 3. You people couldnt be more wrong. I'd be glad to name titles but I'll save that for thread with less biased attitudes
    test
  15. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

1) i listed the top titles the 360 had at launch
    2) i cited issues with the ps1 and ps2...do you need me to pull up backlog info on the lawsuit? i went through 3 ps1's and 2 ps2's myself
    test
  16. ReverseSWAT

On second thought.....

Since I cant post new threads (lame rule). Heres some PS3 titles to look forward to. (Specially Directed To Wrectify) Metal Gear Solid 4...Warhawk...Lair...Heavenly Sword...Tekken 6...Socom Confrontation...Socom 4...The Agency...Final Fantasy XIII...Final Fantasy Versus XIII...DC Universe...Ratchet & Clank Future...Jak & Daxter... Grand Turismo 5...Heavy Rain...Folklore...The Eye of Judgement...God of War III...Uncharted Drakes Fortune...RFOM 2...Killzone 2...Infamous...Little Big Planet...Hot Shots Golf 5... White Knight Story...Pain...Time Crisis 4...Unreal Tournament III...Playstation HOME...

and thats just off top exclusives I look forward to though theres probably tons more in development and not including the hordes of anticipated multi-platform games for both systems.
    test
  17. ReverseSWAT

360's launch was average, I mean like 3 titles were actually worth having, specially considering oversatured sports titles people expected and updated ports. The launch was 65% Sports, 20% Ports, 10% Hype, and 5% Next-Gen Brilliance. Less than stellar at the time but definitely hooked me as time passed and games dropped. And far as PS1 and PS2 goes, Those mishaps dwarf in comparison to 360's hardware woes. Hell I had 1 PS1 and 2 PS2's (But only cause I liked slim one)..
    test
  18. Cane

Cane New Member

to be fair, blu ray is winning, not dominating but winning, but it means nothing really-next gen dvd numbers are so miniscule nothing's indicative of the future quite yet.
    test
  19. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Well, Ive had my 360 over a year and never had a problem with it, so I really couldnt give 2 fucks about the problems other people are having. First time I do have a problem, believe me...ill be hating fucking hard...but...im a year and a half strong without ever seeing a red light.
    test
  20. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

The only good games you mentioned here are Metal Gear Solid 4 and God of War 3. The other ones don't interest me at all. Tekken is getting kind of old to me...I stopped playing Tekken after the second one came out. Don't get me wrong...I am not biased..I own a PS2, PSP, Gameboy Advance and a Xbox 360....not to mention that I have owned several other consoles. I have played alot of games man....PS3 just doesn't have any good games. I REFUSE to buy a console for only 2 games. I'm sorry..but your list isn't enough to convince me to shell out $600 dollars. I don't care if they did reduce the price...when you buy the thing..after buying games for it...IT WILL STILL BE A $600 DOLLAR INVESTMENT. Right now, the PS3 is just a low cost Blu-Ray player at the moment.

You mention something in the end about hordes of multiplatform games.....thats the problem right there. Why would I go buy another console if I can play the SAME game on 360? Most of PS3's good titles ARE multiplatform. That is just not convincing enough...sales figures will tell you that.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.