PS3 Price drop!! 100 dollars off ANNNND....

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by Ethan Albright, Jul 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ethan Albright

Ethan Albright New Member

New 80 gig model on it's way as the 20 gig model is discontinued. (after ps3 bashed 360 for releasing the elite haha)

Anyway, this is awesome ass news...

Amazon has a great deal... 100 dollar price drop + 1 free blu-ray movie + free blu-ray remote.

ANNNNND

"For a limited time receive a Blu-ray Remote Controller & Six Blu-ray discs FREE when you buy a PS3 from Amazon.com by 9/30/07"

So you get:

1 PS3 60 gig system.
    Blu-Ray movie player.
    Blu-ray remote
    6 Blu-Ray movies

for 500 dollars.

I might have to go back to Sony after all.
    test
  2. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

I don't know how this is good news. PS3 STILL doesn't have any solid games that it can call it's own. Instead of discontinuing the 20 Gig model...they should discontinue the PS3 and just focus on making more PS2 games. People are STILL buying lots of Ps2 because they are affordable and it has a solid library of games. They pushed the PS3 out too fast...it's entire gut needs revamped. For all that, they might as well start thinking about PS4. MGS 4 is not going to save this system...and if they announce it's jump to multiplatform at E3...you can kiss that thing goodbye. $500 is still too much damn money to spend on a system. You have to buy games too..so you are still looking to come out of at close to $600. No way I'm dropping half a grand on a system who's future looks VERY shaky right now..Damn that, I've got bills to pay.
    test
  3. Dark_Sun

Dark_Sun Phantom of the Forums

When you are rich like I am that's not a lot of money ESPECIALLY to play MGS4. It will be bought and I will conquer the Earth and there is nothing anyone else can do about it.
    test
  4. Ethan Albright

You're a 360 fan, huh?

I have a 360...but a 500 dollar blu-ray player is a deal in itself. The PS3 will have most the good games due to most the good games being cross-platform anyway. Plus, it has slightly better graphics.

I paid 500 dollars for my 360.

It'll tear up soon....because EVERYONE I know has had at least 3 360's due to the red lights of doom showing up.
    test
  5. Pyro Tecknik

Pyro Tecknik Harbinger of DOOM

i have the Elite and a (up to)1080p up-converting DVD player(near HD quality, only 200 and some change.). so i'm good for now, i don't need a blue-ray player.

if the industry ends up going with blue-ray, then i'll consider it.
    test
  6. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

I'll get blueray if and only if they make every movie for it......

If this keeps going, the price will never drop below 500, they'll just discontinue the smaller models and add in another 20gbs(or less) to the high end and keep it 600.

I'd a probably copped the 20gb if they had it for 400.....
    test
  7. FoCu5

FoCu5 New Member

shits weak i just bought a ps3 like 2 months ago, WACK.
    test
  8. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

PS3 is done. I'm not even on that fanboy shit, but if the system wasn't worth 600 dollars, which it isnt since nobody bought it, then it certainly isnt worth 500. Nobody but the most technical savy nerds care about Blueray or HDDVD for that matter. I cared about that shit when I was younger, but not so much now. I mean....how good does something need to look before we are satisfied?? The technology there is advancing far quicker than the demand for the technology is.

PS3 flopping hard tho and this aint gonna help. WII is already outselling it 2:1 and its still half the price. Hell, rumors are Metal Gear might even hit Xbox a yr after it hits PS3.

Either way, I think itll be another 5 yrs before people move on from DVDs. Even so, blueray players and what not better play regular DVDs or Ill never convert. I have like 300 dvds and I aint replacing them all with Blue rays. People forget what a jump it was from VHS to DVD. Im still very happy with DVDs, and I dont plan on getting into the next generation of movie viewing until I have to.

I dunno, its good that the system dropped in price I guess, but it aint enough to make me buy one. Honestly, I wouldnt cop a PS3 if they dropped the price down to 200 or 250. Its just a pointless system to me right now.
    test
  9. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

Nah, not really...I don't even play the thing anymore..I am waiting on the new games to come out..then I'll bring it out of the box again. I'm one of those disgruntled players who is dissapointed with the gaming industry now..so I have resorted to the nostalgia of playing old nintendo games....it's quite fun actually.

I don't see PS3 climbing out of this hole though...it's a shaky system that started off on the wrong leg...and got the other one amputated by Nintendo Wii. Minus the fanboy stuff...it's time for Sony to start over though.
    test
  10. Ethan Albright

Oursin, have you seen the blu-ray statistics? I didn't think it'd catch on myself, but yeah.... it'll definitely do so.

And how is it too far in the hole, or not selling when it already outsold the 360 in Japan? Japan is the largest game market as well.

Sony'll climb out of their hole, and they're on the right track to doing so.
    test
  11. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Nah...they sold like 200 million ps2s. Theyll never sell half that many Ps3s. While success is measured differently...they losing a big slice of the market.
    test
  12. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

In my opinion, the gaming market now is the "best of the worst" pretty much. I'm not being fooled by what they say at E3 or what these biased game magazines say. None of these current consoles are "ripping up" the market. Then again...I can't blame it on the consoles...Id have have to blame it on the quality of games. I'm sorry..but these games out now are HORRIBLE. I am looking forward to MGS4 and Splinter Cell Conviction..but...I'm not buying a PS3 to play it. I may play GTA 4...I don't know...only because it looks interesting.
    test
  13. Pyro Tecknik

it's not really fair to say that, "ps3 already outsold 360 in japan". was there anyone who didn't think that would happen? lol it's japan...RPGland, of course Nintendo and Playstation are going to outsell Xbox there.

current Worldwide sales
    http://www.vgchartz.com/?b=6

end of 2007 sales predictions...which is pretty much the shared consensus.
    http://www.innerbits.com/blog/2007/01/08/console-sales-predictions-for-2007/

and although only a rumor, xbox is supposed to drop it's price by a hundo on aug.1st as well.
    http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=18915
    test
  14. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

Took the words right out of my mouth. Sony and Nintendo are Japanese companies...so yea...^^^^what he said. =o)
    test
  15. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

360 aint selling in japan, never has never will......didn't sell in japan last cycle, and was still number 2 console sales ...lol...

360 has about 10 million i think world wide......ps3 got like 2........wii got 5.6.....everybody in japan is buying the wii, not the ps3....

*edit* shit if that links right hte wii done alrleady caught up with the 360...lol....and not only that, they are the only console that makes a profit with each console sale....like 20 bux....everybody else sales at a loss...ps3 sales at the biggest loss too...

and news on this "price cut".....60 gb has been discontinued..lol...so it's basically a clearance sale, 80 gb will be the only model being manufactured. lol....
    test
  16. Pyro Tecknik

word...also, if MS even drops the price by only $50, that'll be enough to see a huge jump in sales when Halo 3 comes out later this year.

ps3 may not exactly be dead or even dying...they're still selling at a consistent rate, albeit very slowly. it'll be at least another year or two before they start seeing a lot better numbers(or at least the ones they were expecting this year)...especially after the ps2 and it's games are discontinued. the ps1 was still a bigger seller 2 years after the ps2 came out, so i expect pretty much the same thing to happen....except they won't have nearly the same overall market share they once had.
    test
  17. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

PS3 is selling horribly!^^
    They can say what they want, but the fact that the system is sitting on shelfs says it all. You still cant find Wiis in some areas.
    360 Had a long time where you couldnt even get the shit. PS3 you could pretty much get after the new yr, shit was only in demand 1 month. Ebayers didnt even cake off it for more than 2 days.
    Honestly, my Best Buy has an entire wall filled with PS3's.

Anytime your supply exceeds your demand...you cant be doing all that well. Its not that its a bad system or anything, people just dont give a fuck about next gen dvds and the software for the system sucks.
    test
  18. Blocc_Rocc

Blocc_Rocc New Member

I think Sony's ps3 is heading down the same path of Sega's dreamcast....500 is outrageous for a pointless system which it is right now...fuck a blu ray.....
    Release some quality games for god saKes
    test
  19. Pyro Tecknik

yes, the ps3 is not selling as well as the other systems or what sony was expecting. i'm not disillusioned nor am i defending them...i'm not a fanboy. i have a 360, because i felt the was the better overall/complete system and it is.

but the ps3 is still selling. the numbers may not be impressive, but they don't lie either. it did have a better launch(in sales) than either the ps1 or ps2.

http://www.vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php
    it's rate in sales is almost on par with the 360's. the Wii's rate of sales is amazing...it looks like it's about to cross right through the ps3/360 gap.
    test
  20. psunit

psunit Hail to the Lions

I am more interested to see if the Wii will continue their strong sales in the coming years
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.