ps3 hype.....DESTROYED........

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by LiQuiD6, Feb 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gstain

gstain New Member

i just read today that it might be the start of september
    test
  2. Embassy Sweetz

Embassy Sweetz 360's thee-shit,-b

yeh i saw that too..i also read that they will have an integrated " xbox live killer" online service called " playstation HUB" ..which they say..will do EVERYTHING lol...sounds like the sony hype engine in 5th gear....only time will tell...
    test
  3. J-A-B-B-A-R

J-A-B-B-A-R Knick Hater

My boy actually works for Sony and he's getting his in March. I don't know if that's still holding ground, and I told him to get me one. He's the regional manager. I won't believe it till I see it and play it. The longer they take, the better it'll be. I hope.

Pz
    test
  4. Ed E Brock

Ed E Brock RM's version of this guy

I'm praying the PS3 will be better, because I havent been impressed with the 360 yet...

but if it's not, i'll buy the 360 and pray they get a lot better...
    test
  5. Esko

Esko Retired M O D

from my understanding the Sony Online system will be similar to Xbox LIVE on the original Xbox. THe console being designed with the online service in mind but not have the console built around the service like the 360 was with LIVE. Again, I agree withyou and its gonna be another hype machine over their service....wasnt killzone supposed to be the halo-killer according to the sony hype-machine
    test
  6. Embassy Sweetz

yeh but if u read the articles on the " playstation hub" they expect to have all games integrated with it ( aka xbox live) then they are gonna have a central marketplace to buy music and videos ( aka i-tunes) then they wanna use the service to also integrate video recording with the optional HDD ( aka TIVO) while also having ALL of this integrate seamlessly with the PSP for music and movies ( aka IPOD) lol...so sony is TAKING ON THE ENTIRE WORLD of electronics....and i didnt even begin to mention BLU RAY..LMAO..i cant wait to see this TITANIC sink...

and to Eddie brock

its not the 360 that is a let down..its the GAMES...althought i enjoyed it for the breif time i had it...but check out fight night round 3 which is comin out..looks CRAZY...then u got ghost recon..which is sick..then u got battlefield modern combat..also sick..then of course GEAR of WAR...so theres so crazy ass titles comin out..which im glad to hear that u should be albe to wlak in to ANY major retailer in 4-6 weeks and pick up a 360 cuz there finally shippin'em out in large quantities again..oh yeh i forgot BURNOUT is comin out too in a few weeks..man theres gonna be som eill ass games out real soon...
    test
  7. J-A-B-B-A-R

J-A-B-B-A-R Knick Hater

in around december i expect to buy both the 360 and the ps3

Pz
    test
  8. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

Ow no. They lied. Ow crikey. God damn it. Some one call the priest. Call the police. Call the pope.

Please.

Microsoft EXSISTS because of lies.
    test
  9. Embassy Sweetz

no shit...ALL These corporations are crooked..BUT at least microsft didnt make the 360 sound like the 2nd coming of christ...they kept thing sin perspective and everything they said the 360 cud do is FACT...it does wat they promisd it wud...i remember back when the ps2 was comin out cats was talkin like that shit was the END of the gaming industry like the ps2 cudnt be supassed..cats sayin that it wud have " toy story" graphics and shit..and i know yall remember those rumors...so once again sony is bullshittin with fake ass CGI trailers and promising an " everything-in-one" machine...wat your sayin is on some whole other shit..
    test
  10. Esko

Esko Retired M O D

sure all companies have to hype their products and talk them up but Sony has a reputation of OVERhyping their products...like Killzone that "halo-killer" that hardly sold enough copies to even be compared to Halo. This "LIVE-killer" may live up to the hype but given the stuff they've already promised with the PS3 then backed out of I'm going to have to put my money on the fact that it wont be near as good as LIVE. Not to mention they announced a couple of months ago they werent going to have a centralized online service but when they heard the feedback from the community (like with the boomerang controller) they decided to change their minds....dont worry, im sure the service will be good but it wont be a LIVE-killer by a long shot....if only you knew the stuff MS has lined up for the LIVE service in the future...
    test
  11. Look im Gangsta

I agree. Sony do hype their shit alot.

But Killzone was hyped like any other game. Nearly every game today is marketed as better than some other game. Nearly EVERY game now is compared to GTA. It's natural that people want to beat the standard.

But like I said, I agree Sony do go overboard by publisicing EVERYTHING and boast what it will beat. MS boast too. Just more suttle and they dont compare themselves to Sony.

It's throwing a dog a bone and letting him run with it.

Halo.

Halo is the most overhyped, unjustitifed thing in console history. That's a 24 carrat fact.

GTA is a close second.

One was hyped by sony endlessly and it caught on. MS groomed a fan base for it.

Same thing, different ways of doing it.

But again, I agree Sony are the most blantent and always the ones that will flop.
    test
  12. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

nah man.....gta and halo changed console gaming...they both deserve thier hype......there was nothing like gta3 when it released.....and halo was beyond anything else on consoles at that point.......especially the multiplayer......gta and halo are both good games.........

HOWEVER

killzone deserves no hype at all.........gorrilla hasnt pushed out a good game yet.....and killzone 1 was hyped to be the halo killer....and it SUCKED.......
    test
  13. J-A-B-B-A-R

J-A-B-B-A-R Knick Hater

If you guys are gonna keep saying Sony lies about their products, seriously stop complaining like bitches and go sue them for false advertising. Fuckin whiners...

Pz
    test
  14. LiQuiD6

if that was the case...we would sue for bad movies that have good trailers too.....

you have nothing constructive to say....
    test
  15. Embassy Sweetz

man get the fuck outta here with that..we are consumers..we pay those niggas salaries..i have the RIGHT To criticize and voice my opinion about any company i want to...and we ARE doing sumthin fool..we are doing sumthin by NOT BUYING THERE SHIT..fuck suing them its pointless...just dont buy there bullshit ass products..simple as that...but thats not gonna stop me from voicing an opinion everytime i hear one of sonys cronies spitton some bullshit outta his mouth about wat the ps3 " will do " or " cud do " ...
    test
  16. Look im Gangsta

GTA maybe. But it's not worth the hype. I was a hugely let down by SA. I love GTA more than my own mother. GTA is the only time I'd fight a dude for a copy.

But SA didn't match it's hype. Lol, it's not even funny how clearly it didn't.

But yes, I conceed that it changed the way we play games and how games are made.

But Halo? LMAO, how? Online multiplayer? OK, you got that. What else? Nothing. It's all been done.

It isn't that good of a game. It aint a bad game, but it doesn't deserve even a 1/4 of the hype.
    test
  17. LiQuiD6

ok...as far as SA....you dont think it matched the hype....i think it did.....it was way more ambitious then any GTA before it.......the scope of the levels was HUGE......the tweaks and rpg elements added to the characters were new.....the bike physics....swimming....theres just mad shit they added to GTA:SA that was way beyond anything they did with VC or liberty city.....and most would agree to that....maybe your just tired of the GTA engine.....which is understandable.....but there isnt much else i could imagine rockstar doing with the limitations of the ps2 and xbox......they couldnt really rebuild the whole game without it looking similar to where its at now.....i think you have to wait for the ps3 and 360 to really get that next jump you expected...cause as far as i see it...they drained the xbox and ps2 for all they could......

as far as halo.....there was nothing like it on consoles.....it had been done similarly on maybe half life for the pc.....but the multiplayer and singleplayer was beyond anything released to that point for either console.......the physics engine and graphics alone were very ambitious....let alone the weapon balancing.......and the overall gameplay engine was just on point.......what made halo great....was that it was BALANCED.....it was a finished title to the farthest extent........as far as gameplay goes......its perfectly tweaked and tuned for an fps.....and the scope of the universe was great....the enemies.....the enviornment.....the story although having some cliche elements....worked with the enviornment.......and lets not forget the enemy ai...it was damn near perfect....sometimes i would just play different parts over and over again to see how the enemy would react........(play it on legendary and you can see what i mean)
    test
  18. Embassy Sweetz

im not really a fan of either game..but to say they were overyhyped is crazy...i mean u can looka t the impact those games have on mainstream culture...and just b/c YOU personally may feel it didnt live up to the hype doesnt make u the majority...i wud agree with u but obviously most dont...those franchises changed the gaming industry and fimrly implemented themsleves into pop culture..shti when dave chappelle does a skit about GTA..u KNOW your in the mainstream..
    test
  19. Dark-Vybe

Dark-Vybe Active Member

real life adventure >>>>>>>>>> 360+PS2+GameCube+PC+YaMommasVibrator

ohhhhhhhhh, now fuck with my theory fuckers!!!!
    test
  20. J-A-B-B-A-R

J-A-B-B-A-R Knick Hater

like ur whining is fuckin constructive kid? hahaha

ok

pz
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.