PROTOOLS LE, or NUENDO ?

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by Rewind, May 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SKWIRL

SKWIRL New Member

those are cool programs especially for personal use or for a lil home setup but they are not professional studio programs and dont have anywhere near the strength or versatility as nuendo...
    nuendo is for professional studios and people who are serious about thier quality, capabilities.
    if you have a cheap soundcard, mic, and pre then nuendo will be no better for you than cakewalk or cool edit, but if you have a good mic, pre, and audio interface, then nuendo will bring the best out of it.
    test
  2. War Machine

War Machine Sam Antics

so wat differs from le an the "real" version
    test
  3. Jenre

Jenre Little Lizard

I'm pretty sure the only difference is that it's limited to "only" 32 tracks and the RTAS and Audio Unit plug-ins. Whereas on the HD/TDM systems you have unlimited tracks, the TDM plug-ins and the hardware is of a generally higher quality. Also the high-end systems have better sampling rates. But who the fuck needs to record at 192khz unless its going to DVD??

Oh and the HD systems will cost you seven times as much
    test
  4. JimMY2NutZ

JimMY2NutZ k.matthews

here is just a few differences

HD: limited to 192 audio tracks and 256 midi
    LE: limited to 32 auido tracks and 128 midi

LE: internal mixer/processing is 24 bit
    HD: internal mixer/processing is 48 bit fixed point

HD: playback is limited to 24/192
    LE: playback is limited to 24/96 or 24/48 depending on the hardware you got

HD: has an excellent built in file manegment utility
    LE: does not

HD: supports larg console formats and control surfaces like icon and pro control
    LE: does not support these

HD: has beat detective, plus more advanced audio editing features and functions

HD: plugin support encludes TDM and HTDM, rtas, and audio units
    LE: only supports rtas and audio units

HD: has advanced surround features and capablitites
    LE: does not support surround sound

HD: hardware acts as a DSP card and removes the burnden from plugins/processing off of the comps cpu
    LE: has no such functions

HD: has post production/video functions and features
    LE: has none

theres more...particularly in the audio editing realm...but i forgot what they are...i haven't used either one in a while
    test
  5. War Machine

War Machine Sam Antics

HD: limited to 192 audio tracks and 256 midi
    LE: limited to 32 auido tracks and 128 midi

the FREE version of pro tools on the site is limited to 32,...ive already used more than 32..an i have the version that came wit the 002r

LE: internal mixer/processing is 24 bit
    HD: internal mixer/processing is 48 bit fixed point

doesnt matter...i 002 is 24 bit...an i doubt even 32 bit would enhace the effects on my 24 bit vocals much

HD: playback is limited to 24/192
    LE: playback is limited to 24/96 or 24/48 depending on the hardware you got

002r is 24/96...why would i need higher playback if its higher than wat i recorded at

HD: has an excellent built in file manegment utility

thats wat folders are for...

HD: supports larg console formats and control surfaces like icon and pro control
    LE: does not support these

icon is over 50 grand...and le does support the pt control board...says so on digidesigns.com...an if u have an 002 and an icon...ur a retard...

HD: has beat detective, plus more advanced audio editing features and functions

....my beat isnt missing...i dont need to hire sumone to find it...and i have rythm...so i can find tempos with analogx's tempo tap or any other similar utility which is highly easily obtainable...and the editing features suite me fine

HD: plugin support encludes TDM and HTDM, rtas, and audio units
    LE: only supports rtas and audio units

tmd and htdm are all for cards that are installed inside the computer and the bigger units like icon...u dont need this with an 002r....probly why they created the LE version in the first place....hmmmm....

HD: has advanced surround features and capablitites
    LE: does not support surround sound

who lied to you.....im pretty sure you can do surround sound wiht LE....according to "the mixing guide to pro tools LE handbook vol 2" ...even if digidesigns book is wrong...who records hip hop songs in surround sound?

HD: hardware acts as a DSP card and removes the burnden from plugins/processing off of the comps cpu
    LE: has no such functions

once again...a hardware thing...if the 002 was powerful enough...it would do it...becuz its not.,..why make the function capable in the software if the hardware cant handle it?

HD: has post production/video functions and features
    LE: has none

wat are u smoking? there IS video mixing/editing fuctions on LE...in fact...it asks you if you want ot install quicktime, and a few other video applications when you install pro tools le, just incase you are using it for video as well as audio
    test
  6. SKWIRL

SKWIRL New Member

the bottom line is.... le is a toy... period. just like cool edit, and the rest of em, even tho they are very good and useful toys still.... toys. for personal use... not on the level of professionalism as pt hd or nuendo, they are entry level d.a.w.s pt le and hd are not comparable... and nuendo is better than both imo and in most of the engineers i have spoken with... its like everyone who uses nuendo for any amount of time switch from pt hd to nuendo... but they wouldnt be cought dead in front of an le screen. just because they feel they have graduated from that level
    le is a great start, but one day you will want the real version, if you do choose pt, if not you will have all you have in pt hd inside nuendo and then some added flexibility
    just my personal veiws
    test
  7. War Machine

War Machine Sam Antics

he's not using an HD system...hes using an 002...which falls into the catagory of LE...which is why it comes with LE....nothing professional about it...its home studio equiptment...u really think the program is gunna make that big of a difference in the quality...
    test
  8. SKWIRL

SKWIRL New Member

he doesnt have the uquipment yet,.. he is trying to decide what to get unless i misunderstood.. which doe happen from time to time
    test
  9. SKWIRL

SKWIRL New Member

yea he is tryin to decide which to get
    and to answer his question...

option 2 hands down
    nuendo is just plain better imo... plus yu have sooo many optons with plugins and they are so easily available
    i got the program if you need it
    test
  10. Rewind

Rewind New Member

yea i will need nuendo
    if u got AIM
    my shit is
    Rewindinthatass

get at me
    good lookin
    i dont got the hardware but i wanna see how nuendo is and get use to it so that way by the time i do get the hardware, i'll be comfortable
    test
  11. SKWIRL

SKWIRL New Member

it wont take but a day with a li tutoring... my aim is baddassyellerboy try to catch me late night so i can send it to you while im sleep... its only like 50 or 60 mb, if you got cable internet it shouldnt take too long
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.