Protein / Gainer Advice

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Snikka, Apr 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

lol, i minor in kinesiology (nutrition and exercise approach) but when it comes to stuff like protein, its really pretty subjective. theres no proven amount or one supplement that towers over the rest. different experts will tell you different things. as far as im concerned, protein isnt the most important thing to focus on, yeah you should get a pretty good amount, but its not something you need to worry about too much. just my 2 cents
    test
  2. LiveFromThe781

LiveFromThe781 Don Of The Den

wow dont force it doggy. ive made damn good progess for less than 2 years training and i aint slowing down. im far from weak.

heres my stats snik 'disiel' you jeff gordon wannabe.

deadlift: 315x7

bench- 205x6

squat- 205x23

height- 6'ft

weight- 194

im not acting like im ronnie coleman, im just trying to share what ive noticed seems to work well. i got into an argument about this same topic on another board as well and it seemed the only people who disagreed with what i was saying were less than mediocre people.
    you guys seem to think there always has to be some kind of link between organic health food and muscle when there isnt. some of the strongest lifters out there (powerlifters/strongman) eat that kind of stuff all the time (which im not condoning) and you can not argue their results. dave tate...oreos..come on now.

youre right, this is a hip-hop site first and foremost, but that doesnt mean there arent a couple knowledgeable people here. although if you want more detailed info about lifting id check out t-nation although youre just going to hear the same thing there as you are here. people are going to point out supplement x,y,x and someone else will say, well if you want to get big you have to eat big.

im sorry allow me to rephrase, it isnt that i cant afford the supplements, its that they arent worth the money that much. who knows, maybe ill get picked for the Physique Clinic and ill get a shitload of free supplements.

steve maybe youre right, but i think some supplements are much more noticeable than others. the run of the mill protein powder is just as effective as good whole milk though. i think protein powders arent all that nesecary when other natural foods do the exact same thing and give you a lot more calories. creatine hasnt worked for me either, multivits...whatever. what i do know to work, not just for me but lots of people, is just getting in the gym and working your ass off then pounding down food. thats how you grow, plain and simple, sorry if it isnt as dressed up as people would like it to be. and i may not have been lifting for 15 odd years but in my short experience i understand what actually works which is a lot more than guys who have been lifting 5 years and still are the same weight they started at. some of the top guys may or may not agree with my stance on supplements, although thats always subject to change, but just about all my other concepts are tried and proven, nothing fancy. lift, eat, sleep, grow.
    test
  3. Ben Official

most of the strongest lifters/powerlifters/strongmen out there are also extremely genetically gifted mesomorphs who can eat whatever they want and gain pure muscle. not everyone is that genetically gifted.
    test
  4. Snikka

Snikka Vision Action Execution

Yeah I've had an account on T-nation for years. There is information everywhere.

But I've followed similar plans from bb.com articles for gain diets, and they do work. Eat big to get big. Great.

And he wasn't talking about you DIESEL, probably my alias name. Fuck it.

Good luck. Delete the thread if you want.
    test
  5. Snikka

Snikka Vision Action Execution

Jeff Gordon makes some nice money btw, so yeah, I wouldn't mind being that guy. Even though I hate Nascar.
    test
  6. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

They aren't your concepts Live, you're paroting what you hear big guys say. Which is fine, but you make comments about shit in a matter of fact manner like "supplements don't do shit". Seriously, in regards to creatine alone there are dozens and dozens of controlled scientific studies proving its' effectiveness as a muscle building supplement.

And yeah, powerlifters are huge, but they're also fat as shit. And they're going to have diabetes.
    test
  7. Ben Official

^^ so true.

BUT i do totally agree with you live, in that one doesn't absolutely need supplements to get bigger. but in many cases it definitely helps without a doubt.
    test
  8. LiveFromThe781

im not saying i came up with them, but theyre the ones i respect and i notice they work so i promote them.

1) powerlifters are not mesomorphs theyre typically endomorphs, or some kind of inbetween.

2) powerlifters may be fat but thats because they put on fat easily and they dont care about aesthetics they care about lifting. you can eat like a powerlifter and do enough cardio to keep your bodyfat hovering around 12%.

supplements also give people a feeling that they have some kind of magic bullet. from my personal experience if i did not feel like preparing a real meal i would just down a couple scoops of protein powder and consider it done, which is hardly a way to gain anything.

i also recognize creatine works in SOME people, but not ALL hence, i dont use it. what does work in all people and has never failed to produce results is eat+lift.

it seems a lot of people have this phobia of fast food, its cool i used to too. but the other thing is that people who eat "clean" all the time have this holier-than-thou mindset where they think that because they eat the cleanest that somehow is a hidden path to success, it isnt. stop being so afraid to bulk up and you might gain some size. im not saying eat mcdonalds for every meal but a few times a week is just fine. ...my god even a 270lb bodybuilding doctor has agreed with this.
    test
  9. LiveFromThe781

oh god we agreed on something...the first sign of the apocalypse.
    test
  10. Ben Official

yeah i know right... but i still think fast food is crap and if a doctor is saying it isn't than i won't plan on seeing that doctor for any medical advice in the future.

why not go to a restaurant and get their biggest fattest beefy burger instead? theres a huge difference between an actual restaurant (or home cooked) big fat burger than a fast food (is that even real meat?) burger.
    test
  11. LiveFromThe781

well im not going to go out to a resturaunt all the time. i ususally get BK when im going to my friends house and want to have some food while im there.
    test
  12. Graphx

Graphx Word? Word!

Yeah...I wasn't coming at you personally...I was more or less referring to everyone on here, including myself.

Says the douche bag who can't seem to gain a pound.
    test
  13. Snik Diesel

Snik Diesel Hey there buddy!

Reading comprehension > You.
    test
  14. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

Live, not to dog you, but haven't you only been lifting for something like 10 months?
    test
  15. LiveFromThe781

longer than that. i lifted for a couple months at my friends house just doing random shit, mostly benching and curling, then everyone stopped going and i did a lot of pushups for like 3 months, then i got some weights donated to me (flat bench, adj. DBs and a couple bars) now i go to a gym. ive been lifting close to 2 years but i havent even lifted at a gym for a year yet.
    test
  16. LiveFromThe781

what does it matter anyway? how many of you have even lifted 2 years consistently? seems like theres a ton of people on this board who lift a month here and there, when summer comes around, spring break, or some bullshit but not many are really in it for the gusto.
    test
  17. Ben Official

i would guess a lot of people here have been working out more than 2 years, ive been lifting about 4 consistently and 2 years before that inconsistently
    test
  18. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

I have. I've been lifting pretty consistently for about 3 years, 3 years on and off before that. I'm still learning more every day and still making tweaks constantly.

I'm just saying, your first posts in this forum are from less than a year ago talking about how you just started working out but yet you speak condescendingly to people as if you've been hitting the iron for a life time and have it all figured out. Chill.
    test
  19. Ben Official

test
  20. LiveFromThe781

im not saying i know everything, ive got a long way to go. most the questions asked on here are pretty basic, if i dont know the answer i will tell someone to ask around somewhere else. i mean this is a question about gaining for fucks sake, its not a terribly intricute subject. i dont speak condesendingly either, i put something out there and then people who have less experience than i do. eating fast food occasionally (i dont want people thinking it needs to be the foundation of their diet) will add to weight gain. i think fast food has such a bad rap because of its caloric content. if you look at this logically, something with high calories is your best friend if you want to gain weight. it has a ton of protein too, which is essential in muscle growth...like im not trying to sound like a dick but guys this is easy shit. i see a ton of people who think that protein powders alone are going to get them big. just eat a lot of food, how else can i say it.

and steve are you so much one to talk, you told me you quit the AD because you needed to eat poptarts or "anything thats calorie dense" ...although something mustve changed because now you drink ...skim-milk?

however inexperienced i am in the long run of things, i know for certain one thing that will always produce results in size and thats to EAT BIG and lift hard.

and one more time, this is all basic stuff, you dont have to lift your whole lifetime to know basic shit.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.