Protein / Gainer Advice

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Snikka, Apr 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LiveFromThe781

LiveFromThe781 Don Of The Den

post one not in sedentary people either

i wish more people could understand the irony in you asking about better weight gainers and then stating that you drink low fat milk.

i bet you go to planet fitness with all the other people who want to lift to be "semi healthy"
    test
  2. Snikka

Snikka Vision Action Execution

You seem like a good kid, and I respect your opinion. I lift a small gym right up the way from my house. Not some mainstream place with a rock climbing wall.. Just all the shit I need.

yeah low fat milk has calories and protein, same as other milks without the fat.. I been drinking it for years.. I like it. I'll stick with that.

I used to polish 7-9 eggs every morning and eat all fucking day. It doesn't matter what you think. I gained with without GUESS WHAT eating fast food.

Argue all you want. Most fast food is garbage. There's very little nutrition value to it. I'd rather eat to stay a bit leaner while gaining then just eating 1000 calorie fat burgers to gain weight. I'll go find some studies for you. You should watch that movie "Fast Food Nation"
    test
  3. Snikka

test
  4. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

i went from 125 to 160.
    test
  5. Snikka

I went from 165 to just about 196 before I slowed down. I've never been 200 in my life. I should have kept pushing.
    test
  6. Ben Official

wow
    test
  7. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

Here's my take...

I think eating dirty occasionally is fine when trying to bulk up. I eat clean most of the time but I also eat dirty sometimes and it has helped me put on even more mass. When I ate 100% clean I hit a plateau for my weight, I eased up on it a bit and I started putting on more mass.

Do I think dirty food or fast food is good for my body? In terms of long term health? Absolutely not... I only do it because it helps me take in abnormally large amounts of calories, my main goal right now is to pack on as much muscle and mass as possible. Some dirty food is beneficial to what I'm trying to achieve but I wouldn't say it's healthy, but that's ok, I'm working on being a beast.

Oh, and I drink skim milk : ) almost a gallon a day.
    test
  8. LiveFromThe781

i think all that Cholestoral shit is b.s. i dont eat bk 5 times a day either, more like 3 or more in a week. if it was, i still wouldnt care. do you guys think taking in too much protein is going to cause kidney failure as well? and that red meat causes cancer too? the medical world has its head so fucking far up its ass man. for every study out there to claim one thing theres another to disprove it, so ill keep doing what i do until it kills me and if it dont then i guess i was right.

steve, i hate you so much for drinking skim milk.
    btw, fast food can only lead to obesisty in sedentary people. not people who eat a few burgers to gain mass.
    test
  9. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

lol. I used to drink whole milk, occasionally I'll still have 1% but most of the time it's skim. I already get plenty of fat from my red meat, peanut butter, eggs and olive oil intake... If I didn't drink such huge amounts of milk daily I would probably drink 2% or whole but considering I do, I keep it skim.
    test
  10. LiveFromThe781

la la la im not listening.
    test
  11. Snikka

What is your argument LiveFromthe481? That you can eat fast food a few times a week and not die / get sick?

Fast food doesn't appeal to me. I'll have different ones once in awhile,. but rarely. FINE.

You proved yourself wrong, you said you don't eat fast food more than 3 times a week. There would be little nutrition in eating it regularly or daily to gain weight. You wouldn't eat a full diet of fast food, NOBODY would. I wonder why. I think it's because the government is lying to us, it's likely a conspiracy.

Explain this, how is it the best weight gainer when you eat it maybe 3 times a week? What about the other 4 days and thousands of calories? Again I asked for protein / gainer advice and not general eating advice.

There's really not much more to say. You proved me right.
    test
  12. supacilious

supacilious master of ceremonies

i buy my protein in bulk from trueprotein.com
    test
  13. LeKCheR

LeKCheR Active Member

test
  14. Snikka

test
  15. LiveFromThe781

because gettin in a few extra thousand calories in addition to you diet whenever possible is still good, even if its 3 days a week instead of 7. thats like saying you cant shoot steroids everyday so why do them at all? fucking stupid logic. good luck with your on and off training too. heres my protein advice: take in a large excess. heres my "gainer" advice: ive never heard of anyone successful using them or anyone successful reccomending them, thus i wouldnt use them.

ps its funny how you type my entire name then mess up one number, wow that is fucking hilaaaaaaaaaaaaaarious.
    test
  16. Snikka

Yeah because typing your name 100% correctly is my #1 priority in life.
    test
  17. Snikka

Oh word? You've never heard of someone using a protein supplement? Interesting.
    test
  18. Graphx

Graphx Word? Word!

In terms of "what's on the label" the homey Live makes a pretty good arguement. I mean, if you're trying to gain weight, that nasty lookin motha fucker will definitely help you out and if you compare the nutritional values as far as fat, sat. fat, protein and carbs...they're damn near equal except that most popular gainers have maaaad sugar in em...and regardless of your nutritional/training goals, sugar is something to avoid.

While I don't agree in any way about eating fast food...cuz its shit...I do back the concept of what he's gettin at. Why not buy ground beef in bulk and make the shit yourself at home? Sub in a wheat roll and your even better off. Thats what I do. I gained around 30 pounds on my last bulk and my waist line never moved and I'm healthy as can be.

You wanna weight gainer...it's food brotha. The powder shit has little to no impact...and I speak on this from experience it just took me a couple years to realize it.

My 2 cents fuckas...paayyce
    test
  19. Ben Official

Yeah, I'm totally cool with going out and getting a nice fatty sloppy burger at a restaurant every once in awhile. But a Burger king burger is not the same. I bet thats not even real meat. You have no idea what your eating, I don't even want to get into why fast food is bad, its pretty obvious.
    test
  20. BoardWalk

BoardWalk it's a monopoly.

True. I know what you're saying. But dudes clearly misunderstand whats going on here.

Every trainer you talk to and article you read on a good bodybuilding diet practically includes a protein supplement. It's not a SUPPLEMENT to actual food.

Livefromfaggotville doesn't seem to understand the thread issue.

Exactly, food is the major issue. Shit I prefer to eat steak whenever possible, particularly after workouts. This mufucker just poor or some shit and can't eat right by cooking his own shit.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.