Protein / Gainer Advice

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Snikka, Apr 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snikka

Snikka Vision Action Execution

I realise this is probably common (sorry). but I wanna know what you guys think (since I'm posting around here lately)

So I've been using Prolab N-large 2 for quite awhile now. I've never really looked into a better option. I love this stuff. I work through the 10-lb jugs.

Is somthing more effective than this? Anyone have better luck with somthing else?

Only other protein types I've tried are just 100% whey in various brands.

Thanks.
    test
  2. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

Only thing I never liked about N-Large, and the reason I never bought any, is due to the fact that it contains 30g of sugar per serving.

The only gainer I ever used why Cyto Gainer by Cyto Sport, tasted great and only had 7g of sugar per serving.
    test
  3. Snikka

Well actually a serving of N-large is 4 scoops. 4 scoops is 600 calories and 52 grams of protein. 35 grams of sugar a serving.

I don't think I've ever had a full serving. it's too much. Just saying.

Yeah that is quite a bit of sugar though.
    test
  4. LiveFromThe781

LiveFromThe781 Don Of The Den

BK Quad Stacker 1,010 calories/ 34 grams carbs/ 64 grams protein/ 30 sat. fat/3 trans fat.

its so fucking good.

milk is always a good choice, unfortunately not all milk contains artificial growth hormones.

i dont know how many cups are in a gallon, but theres 150 calories in a cup of whole milk. i think i did the math to like 1500-2400 cals or something once, idk.
    test
  5. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

i've heard some pretty good stuff about n-large 2. i use mass XXX by gnc, its definitely not the best out there but i continue to buy it due to a hook up at gnc.

50 grams of protein a serving (whey and soy)
    990 calories per serving (if blended with whole milk)
    3 g sat fat
    0 trans fat
    20g sugar
    test
  6. Ben Official

burger king?!

[​IMG]

that looks absolutely disgusting. lol
    test
  7. LiveFromThe781

dude youre a different type of person you arent of bodybuilder mentality.

for anyone that is serious about putting on mass then the BK Quad Stacker is the fucking best. i can tell youve obviously never had one, but god damn, look at it. thats 1,010 calories in your fucking face. and you cant even handle it bruh.
    test
  8. Ben Official

im not trying to be a body builder, true

i dont fuck with fast food. i like to keep it healthy
    test
  9. LiveFromThe781

fast food is not as bad as people seem to think it is. i would never reccomend it for cutting, but for bulking its great. anyway ill keep this short, if you dont like to bulk up and lose your abs for a little while, enjoy being the same weight today as you will be a year from now.
    test
  10. Snikka

So you're telling me milk has protein? are you sure? I wish I thought of that. [/sarcasm]

I don't drink whole milk.. I drink fat free.

Can you link to some support of non-pro bodybuilders or non-steroid users who eat that garbage to "bulk up"? I've heard of pros who ate ice cream and heavy dairy shit. But thats not working for a normal man.

There's clean ways to bulk up. Like, say, eating 6-8 times a day. Chicken,pasta, baked potatoes, cheese, sandwichs, etc. etc.

I wanted protein adivce, not how to get fat and clog an artery at a single meal advice. You're telling me you eat more than one of those cholestorol burgers a week consistently?
    test
  11. Snikka

I'll fucks with In N' Out burger once in awhile. And I don't eat as cleanly as I used to. But, the fact Livefromthe718 stands by this diet like it's the rule makes it humorous.
    test
  12. Ben Official

i second that.

live-were you implying that m not going to gain weight if i dont eat fast food?

i would also like to see non-pro steroid free body builders who consistently eat crap and put on huge amounts of muscle. for the less genetically gifted, everything i've read points in the other direction.
    test
  13. supacilious

supacilious master of ceremonies

yeah for the most part, you could replace that burger with some healthier alternatives...

but, sometimes i just have natural instinct feeling that i need to eat big to get big...and i might eat that burger...then eat a healthier meal like an hour later...

obviously, you cant do that all the time...but i think it has its place
    test
  14. LiveFromThe781

youve already failed.

ben, i dont consider going from 150 to 155 "gaining weight" maybe if you went from 150 to 180 and had desire to reach higher. but you dont. it doesnt really matter what you say about bulking up or putting on mass either because its not something youve done. im not claiming to be huge, but this is a pretty well agreed upon matter by people who are huge.

snikka, i suggest you get your head out of your ass. you cant gain weight eating fat free, thats fucking retarded. fat is a nutrient, its not so evil as everyone paints it to be. eat like a horse, do cardio if you get too fat. you just popped into this forum out of nowhere and suddenly youre the expert? you think you know what clogs arteries? you think you know how to look like a pro bodybuilder eating salad and skinless chicken? get with fucking reality. i guarantee you will not find one person of impressive size who agrees with that general mentality. what you will find is plenty of 160 pounders. im wondering if i should A) post the message by Dante explaining this, or B) just post the link to the other thread on t-nation.

=http://www.t-nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=2045664&pageNo=0

dante excerpt is on page 3. ownage of anti-fast food can be found from page 2 onwards.
    test
  15. Snikka

Where did I claim to be an expert. I gained plenty of weight without eating garbage. So I'm pretty content with eating "healthier" when trying to gain wait.

You don't need to drink whole milk and you don't need to eat fast food.

I didn't ask for general eating advice or HOW TO GAIN WEIGHT. I was asking if there was a better performing protein supplement or gainer supplement than what I am currently using. So, unless you want to contribute to that topic, SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Keep eating burger king daily. I DON'T FUCKING CARE.
    test
  16. Snikka

And if you honestly think the health BENEFITS outweigh the negatives when eating fast food on a constant basis, you're an idiot. I don't need to even think twice about it.
    test
  17. LiveFromThe781

you asked for gainer advice. i didnt think you were being specific to powdered kind cause i didnt know people even drank that shit still. anyway, good luck with your mass gainer 5000.

ps i dont eat burger king daily.

pps keep gaining weight yearly drinking your skim milk.
    test
  18. LiveFromThe781

prove to me right now one single negative side effect from eating fast food while consistently hitting the gym hard 4 days a week.

the goal is to put on muscle mass, you can not put on muscle mass without gaining fat, its im-fucking-possible unless you are taking AAS. one day, long from now (granted youre still lifitng...if you even are lifting now) you will realize, wow trying to maintain ab visibilty and drinking skim milk while doing 6 mile jogs 3 times a week is a terrible way to put on mass, maybe ill try to eat, and maybe ill try to lift hard. you probaly arent familiar with somatypes, but for the average ectomorph (tall, skinny "hardgainer) an extreme caloric surplus is the only way to gain mass. ill edit this later, im hungry.
    test
  19. Snikka

In 2006 I put on close to 30 lbs within a year eating to gain weight while lifting heavily 5 days in the gym and doing work at home also. Limited cardio. You're gonna tell me I didn't?

Please. I lift/workout as somthing now just to keep semi-healthy and do somthing good for my body. If your goal is to be like a pro-bodybuilder, well you've got another thing coming squirt. That shit doesn't work for many people.

Wow, are you really that dense you think fast food is good for you. Fuck I could dig up gobs upon gobs of research proving that theory incorrect. Do I even need to?
    test
  20. Snikka

Plus I just don't want to eat fast food. Why do you think everyone wants to be a pro-bodybuilder? Do you.

Keep working for your goal, I hope you get your card you fruitcake.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.