prophet muhammad by martin lings ...

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by Nu'maaN, Jan 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

... i suggest everybody here, read it.

especially those who have alot of misconception and have heard false stories about the prophet.

martin lings does his life justice, in his own way.

very well written, and one of the best biographies i've read about the prophet.

am i biased? yes.

but do i want you to know who the prophet is through engaging story telling? heavens yes.

let me know if you read it ...

[turn] ...
    test
  2. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

Word. Btw i dont know what exactly what fired u up about the question. Didnt mean it in any odd way just a question to piece together what i heard as apposed to what muslims truely believe..then ill tell u the purpose of the QA
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  3. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

lol, i wasn't fired up.

i just have a hard time deciphering what you mean by some of your questions.

for example, using the word resurrected instead of ascended pretty much confused my brain to bits.

all good though, i'd love to answer any of the questions you ask, and get any answers to questions that i may have ...

[turn] ...
    test
  4. TheBigPayback

Wordness. Ya well when i said ressurected i meant assended is prolly a more specific word for it. But ok so tell me if im wrong. "The Dome of the Rock"= where muhhamed supposedly transfigured from a physical being to a spiritual being and assended to heaven. At that spot . An thats why muslims consider it a holy site correct? An people witnessed it happen.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  5. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

no, did you not read the other thread.

the dome of the rock is the golden mosque, it's just another mosque.

masjid al-aqsa is the mosque in which the prophet led the prayers/congregation for all other prophets before him.

from the qur'an itself, this is the passage referring to the ascension.

he didn't ascend from the mosque al-aqsa, the journey began in his own room.

al-aqsa was one of the many places he visited ...

[turn] ...
    test
  6. TheBigPayback

Hmm. Sorry i wrote that while you were writing the other thread. So what exactly is the significance of the dome of the rock and why is it nessicary that it sit a top THE most holy place in christianity. The actual thrown room of the kingdom of God on earth.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  7. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

the dome of the rock is not sitting on any old worship site.

the dome of the rock is just a regular mosque that a rich man has built.

i've never heard of the dome of the rock being ontop of any other religious site ...

[turn] ...
    test
  8. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

i found a website that has the pdf version on their page if anyone wants to check it out with no hassle...

http://ia700103.us.archive.org/6/it...gs_muhammad_lifeBased_on_earliest_sources.pdf

i read the first couple chapters... so far it hasnt gotten to the point where muhammad is introduced but is dealing with the set up for the scene... starting off with the story of abraham's first born, ishmael, and claiming a lineage from there on.

pretty interesting so far... giving an outline of the arab tribes that predated muhammad
    test
  9. TheBigPayback

.....its sitting in the spot where the outter courts of the holy of holies in the foundations of solomons temple.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  10. TheBigPayback

Riight. My pastor was explaining that. We are issacs aires and islam is sons of Ishmael. Interesting. Ima read dat.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  11. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

thanks, mr. jax.

i forwarded that pdf file outlining the possible errors from the book to my sheikh, and he was appreciative of your efforts ...

[turn] ...
    test
  12. TheBigPayback

What about my comment nu..
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.