Proof Hollow is just in a different class than Surf

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by JobOne, Jul 6, 2013.

1. JobOne

JobOne Man of the Hour

Surf was trying to get Hollow in a trap trying to replicate Hollow's fake handshake to Hitman by getting him to look at someone who isn't there.

[​IMG]

The Don knows better so needless to say it didn't work.

You are probably saying, "Okay, Surf looked a little like a fool but the crowd didn't care so what does that prove?"

Well just look at how Hollow set up his trap in the 3rd.
    31:03

Hollow asks Surf 2 separate questions that depended on what Surf answered.

Each time there are at least 3 likely ways Surf could have chosen to respond, he could have denied what Hollow says, agreed to what he said, or said nothing.

Most people would be like Surf, throwing a Hail Mary hoping for one outcome. Hollow went a step further, he either had a different response ready depending how Surf decided to react (judging by how Surf responded to the questions in both the negative and the affirmative) and/or he manipulated Surf's reaction by what he chose to ask him and how he chose to phrase it.

You don't even have be be aware of how it was done to appreciate the moment but I just realized how that whole situation could have played out and it made me appreciate Hollow's 3rd even more.
    • Hot Thread Hot Thread x 1
    test
  2. EmSeeD10

EmSeeD10 Well-Known Member

The best thing to do is never answer the other guys question, if you want to answer or flip it wait until its your round
    test
  3. mictsekk

mictsekk New Member

That nigga behind him fell for it tho :D
    test
  4. Hash Tester

Hash Tester Member

Hollow had multiple answers ready for Surf lol idiot didn't know not to fall for the trap but hey you live and you learn

Hollows trap was way more impressive Surf and his "goons" were trying really hard to throw Hollow off and he was chill as can be
    test
  5. Sin Skywalker

Sin Skywalker #184 Gladiator.

I'm thinking he just would'a said the "God gonna strike him down" shit again if Surf would'a said "swear to God" and then continued on with the other bars he said, tbh.

Still creative. And I think Hollow took the battle.
    test
  6. JobOne

JobOne Man of the Hour

It went with the whole rhyme scheme the first time. "You swear to God you didn't say everything he write is trash? That's why I hate these battle rap niggas with they lying ass. I'm going to do the battle standing over here, cause God about to strike his ass."

The second time you could see after he asks the second question, Surf immediately answers probably hoping to trip Hollow up by not falling into the trap the second time, or so he thinks. If Surf said he swears to God again, it would probably go similar but instead Hollow rhyming with "You swear to God you weren't living in Joe Budden's crib earlier this year?" but when Surf says he did, Hollow immediate goes into a different rhyme scheme and roasts him for admitting to staying there. It makes Hollow lines about not having his own crib and couch surfing hit even harder, but on the flip side with the first question, he didn't go in about calling Budden a pussy and writing trash anyways after Surf said he swears to God, he just called him a liar and moved on.

Of course, Hollow also could have predicted that Surf would likely deny the first and admit to the second, but that's impossible to know for sure how he will respond so he had to have some sort contingency plan, even if it was just to improvise something on the spot. And if Hollow was freestyling either response to the questions, it makes it even more impressive that his lines all hit. Surf could have said nothing and Hollow would have probably still clowned him for pleading the fifth, and if that happened on the first question, it would have made Surf answer on the second hoping to trip Hollow up but instead would have played right into Hollows other bars.

Hollow was one step ahead of him the whole time and there was pretty much nothing Surf could have done to stop his own words from burying himself further.
    test
  7. Sin Skywalker

You definitely have a point @JobOne.

I guess you're right that he had to have something to say for every response. But I wonder how much different / what his other lyrics would have been had Tsu Surf stayed quiet or denied the first time or "swore to God" the second time. Somebody should holla at Hollow on Twitter or something and find out.
    test
  8. JobOne

JobOne Man of the Hour

That's what I'd be interested to hear. I'll hit him up to see what he says.
    test
  9. Sin Skywalker

I would do it myself but I deactivated my Twitter not so long ago. Let me know if you get a response to that one @JobOne.
    test
  10. marsblackmon23

marsblackmon23 Active Member

taht dude weren't battling
    test
  11. FeedMeMore

FeedMeMore Moderator

It could be that he knew the first was a lie and the second was true so he would expect surf to deny
    test
  12. kublaikhanjohn

kublaikhanjohn Well-Known Member

Actually your right op. This is a great point. What if surf said different answers? Hollow had to be ready. Really he is dope for that.
    test
  13. Jak D Ripherbs

Jak D Ripherbs Well-Known Member

you said exactly what i was thinking
    test
  14. mdk

mdk i dump and i sprout

This thread is pure speculation

What was Surf gonna say if Hollow looked at the dude anyway?
    test
  15. Orange407County

Orange407County Well-Known Member

All I know is anyone saying surf 3-0 is dick riding. Hollow bodied the 3rd. Surf got the 1st. The 2nd is debatable. I think hollow had crazy haymakers and if you were quoting lines of the battle u could name at least 3 from hollow before surf. (Off wit his head/ginsu, webber, kd and wade) etc. I did love how surf brole down his leaving GT and changing his persona some what. But surf just has a TON of forced lines (durango/da rain go)
    Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2
    test
  16. Drink8cokesAday

Drink8cokesAday ALL DAY

"its cool he aint do it, cuz gullible niggas the easiest"

was probably supposed to be

"gullible niggas the easiest"

DON DEMARCO DEMARCO MARCO MARCO MARCO

with Arsonal jumping up and down and laughing
    test