Prodigy & Alchemist- Albert Einstein

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by CypherA, Jul 19, 2013.

1. THEDONN

THEDONN One Love

test
  2. My Kall

My Kall Well-Known Member

I'm a fan of old Mobb Deep, I just think they declined dramatically after Hell on Earth and never recovered. I actually liked Havoc's 2009 mixtape "From Now On", but that's the only exception.
    test
  3. Halfway_Crook

Halfway_Crook Well-Known Member

I have heard some of it on YouTube and dug the fuck out of it. Alchemist brings that usual haunting sound and P sounds like he's making an 'emceeing' recovery. If you think about how wack he was on Amerikaz Nightmare and on that laughable G-Unit shit... now he's got his interesting, slightly-more-complex flow back. And he knows how to put pain in his lyrics.
    test
  4. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

You didn't like Murda Musik or Amerikkka's Nightmare?

The Infamous and Hell On Earth were pretty much back to back classics... but Murda Musik was still tough... it just came out during a very commercial time in hip hop when the overall sound was changing... Jigga was blowing up... the South was blowing with Cash Money and No Limit... Eminem blew and took white people by storm... lol... Nelly came out in early '00... so that Mobb album kinda stuck out like a sore thumb if you were swept away by all those other acts.

Amerikkka's Nightmare is not great, but it's good... it had more than a few bumpable tracks... the title track, Win or Lose, Got It Twisted and One of Ours II were all ill.

I didn't like The Infamy and I never heard Black Cocaine.
    test
  5. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Cormega called Alchemist the "white Primo"... I never knew Alchemist was white until he said that.... he was Dilated's producer, right? His sound is "black" as fuck.
    test
  6. My Kall

My Kall Well-Known Member

Murda Muzik was better than AmeriKKKa's Nightmare. They were never the most technically advanced rhymers, but that didn't matter on The Infamous/Hell on Earth, because they were insightful narrators & poets, hence why lines from those albums are so frequently sampled in choruses, and it was extra poignant to the tune of somber, soulful instrumentals. But then they took on the standard mafia vibe and all they did was bravado, and they just don't have the punchlines or rhyme patterns to succeed at it, like say Royce Da 5'9.
    test
  7. TheGift

TheGift New Member

Shit was on the low, one of the hardest projects of this year!
    test
  8. Mel Man

Mel Man Wat ya'll bout to witness

Word. Al's from LA, he was down with Muggs n Cypress in the beginning

P named Alchemist the greatest producer of all time..

Mannn you should hear the story of how P n Al met, its classic, I read it in P's book ...

One of P's boys brought Al to the studio. P thought Al was a undercover agent at first, tryna dig up dirt..He was like "police think they slick now, got agents that make beats"...but when P seen how dope the beats were n how serious Al was about the craft he embraced him calling him a gift from the heavens..

They gave Al nicknames like The White Vulture n Rare White Bird

lmaoo...I think The Realest was the first beat Mobb used from him..
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  9. Mel Man

Mel Man Wat ya'll bout to witness

Amerika'z Nightmare was my shit. Summer 04..Got it Twisted, mmmmm that shit embodies that summer to a T..another Al beat

lotta nice albums came out that summer...Masta Ace, Jada, Slum, Dilated, Mobb, etc..
    test
  10. Halfway_Crook

Halfway_Crook Well-Known Member

Amerikaz Nightmare is nice. The only real issue is Prodigy was fucking slow as hell on it.
    test