procrastinatin poets

Discussion in 'Writer's Block' started by UFO the Phoenix, Apr 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UFO the Phoenix

UFO the Phoenix I DONT BELIEVE IN ALIENS!

I always wait to the last minute to write something which is a very bad habbit because writers who have dead lines dont have the option of have unlimited time to write

so I pull something out at the last minute and I can still pass with a high B or low A in my classes but I know I could really excel if I put some more time into my work.....I know I'm not the only person who does this....my college friend does this and I was just talking to poetickz and he does it too.....why?....for me I can only write when I'm in the mood

HOW DO YOU GET IN THE MOOD TO WRITE????
    test
  2. skandelous_lala

skandelous_lala back from the dead

I almost think I wouldn't do as good in my classes at school if I didn't wait till the last minute. To me it gives me that spark...gotta get it done..but in a good way. Not in the just throw something together real quick and hope it looks good way. A lot of the stuff I wrote for my classes last semester was pulled together in 24-48 hours and I got A's on all that.

I wrote a paper on The Tibetan Book of the Dead about 6 hours before class a couple weeks ago and it was the first A I got on a paper in my Eastren Religions class all semester lol

My mom would always say "you were the kid doing their homework on the bus on the way to school and you got high b's/low a's...imagine what you could do if you applied yourself"

For me..having a deadline to fulfill puts me in the mood..but then again most people know I'm wierd [funny]

Otherwise...for my own personal writing..I have to be really into the mood..what is the mood? It's nothing that can be induced. I can't make it happen. It's a feeling...a word... something I see....a certain way the wind blows and I'll all of a sudden feel like I could write forever.
    test
  3. Poetickz

Poetickz The Humble One

yup...gotta agree with that.
    one
    test
  4. LthGd

LthGd Enternal Knowledge

Just think about what I need to write.
    test
  5. thats a difficult question to answer. All I know is that things have to sink in, i.e. experiences have to be lived right through to the end before they drop into my conciousness and start to become the first inklings of a poem. Music can stir me into the state I find most inclined to be in when writing poetry, also.
    test
  6. RealMS

RealMS Ne te quaesiveris extra

eh, I wasn't too happy today, more like stressed. When I got to my last block class we weren't really doing anything so turned it into a study hall type. I tried to write something, but couldn't. I put my head down for awhile.

I just came home not too long ago from practice, tired. But, I just wrote 3 different pieces.
    Before I wrote it I wasn't feeling the same as previous--so I really can't tell you how I get into the mood to write. Weird, usually it works out like that, but if I can't get out what I want to say, I just won't write at all, I'll let it come to me you know. I guess it did.

Other instances--when it feels like there is so much weight on my shoulders and everything is just doubling up-I'll go and put my headphones on try and mellow out, go outside for awhile and I'll end up writing something. Call it a vent, w/e. I always do that. Always helps.

Getting in the mood to write, if its for my english class-I'll get started on something when we're just getting started on the assignment in class, to show that I'm cooperating, but that most likely won't be the one I actually use. I gotta feel free in the atmosphere I'm in, able to breathe; no distractions, interruptions. I'm good with deadlines. I had this assignment given to me Friday. I had to write a free verse poem w/ certain rules and I had to illustrate it. The poem didn't take me long, but the design for some reason took the most time. I finished it last night around 12:30 though, and it looks good.
    test
  7. Poetickz

Poetickz The Humble One

yuppp...i havnt had a poetry assignment in a looong time...i say the last time i had to do one...i had to write about a dream. so i waited to the last minute...im tlakin like literally i had about 5 minutes to do it...felt in the mood to write somethin...and blam had my dream piece right there...got an a on it...it was for my psych class...i did alot of creative writing in there...let alot of people hear my songs that i wrote etc etc. yup i loved my psych class.
    one
    test
  8. Pent uP

Pent uP I'd Like to Fight Ten Men

i write a bunch of crappy lines.....until i write one good one, then i erase the crappy ones and i work around the good one, until i get in my zone

autozone!
    test
  9. skandelous_lala

skandelous_lala back from the dead

That made me smile. Maybe cuz I remember writing tens lines of crap and then you get that good one...and then thinking ahhh man I gotta start all over cuz I know where I'm going now lol
    test
  10. Pent uP

Pent uP I'd Like to Fight Ten Men

thats because all day i say "LaLaLaLaLa, La La, Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa La!" and then you go "La Laaaaa Laaaaaaaaaaaaaa La!" and i go "ooooh whee!"

and then we pick up our pen N pads and write telekentically to each another
    test
  11. Psycho69

Psycho69 A Soul Born In Verse

I never do anything the second I have to really...

I had an entire month to do a project.. I didn't do it.

I handed it in a day late, I spent 2 hours on it, but still got over an 80%.

And any essay or assignment I'd do for philosophy class, I'd do the night before and do tw pages in about 20 minutes and just get over 80%... I'm never able to concentrate and really able to do the work unless I know I've got little time and feel rushed to do it.

Just like when I write poetry and other things, I'm not one to sit back, and work it out and analyze it constantly and try to edit alot of it.. I try working right on the spot and getting it done.

Like when I write, I may just force a few lines on myself, and keep going, and once I spot a line I think I really like, I'll add on and continue from there and an idea around it will form.
    test
  12. RapTuRePrOoF

RapTuRePrOoF Original Talent

honestly, i think the only real way to write something, real good, is to get inspired!!
    test
  13. Poetickz

Poetickz The Humble One

^^^no doubt...my problem is gettin inspired...thats why its always spurr of the moment for me, never know when ima get inspired.
    one
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.