Problems

Discussion in 'Writer's Block' started by absolute zero, Jun 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. absolute zero

absolute zero Among the living

I haven't written in almost a month. I've been too busy with work and everything. I tried to come up with something the other day when I had a free moment, but no help. It was terrible. I don't want to come to the point where I try to write but realize I've forgotten how. I feel I've worked hard to get where I am (was).

Any advice? (besides start writing again)

Anyone ever been in this position before?
    test
  2. UFO the Phoenix

UFO the Phoenix I DONT BELIEVE IN ALIENS!

I recommend trying something totally different....like when i come to that point I step back and just write in a different way....then not only to gain a new style but all your past expience and poems combine to form together as one
    test
  3. Mind~$oul

Mind~$oul I'm Pretty

Get a blank sheet of paper and just write whatever.

Fuck the spelling
    Go over the margin
    Don't worry about how it comes out

Just write.

Shit has been helping me a lot.

I've also stopped writing in my house and at work. Since those were like the only two places I write at. I just figure I'll try something different and write somewhere else.

Works pretty nice
    test
  4. Sakim Aerias

Sakim Aerias Sunset Cradling Prince

you just need some inspiration that's all...I'm here if you need me.
    test
  5. RealMS

RealMS Ne te quaesiveris extra

yep what Malik said. I used to write everything on paper, always ends up in appearance of a rough draft but it says just what I wanna say. Sometimes I put it on my cell phone, when I'm somewhere and don't want to attract any attention as to what I'm doing, and later go back and actually write it out into a poem.
    test
  6. Poetic Concept

Poetic Concept New Member

If I were u I would just try to read on a regular basis only if its 10 minutes a day, believe me inspiration can be caused by others experiences fictional or not, there is always a way to connect someones past to your present future or past also...good luck...But rememeber this "How vain it is to sit down and write when u have not stood up to live" its in my signature and that is my inspiration, just look and u will find yours
    test
  7. Deaf Def

Deaf Def Tha WordSmith

I've come and gone on this site. Those who remember me are the great ones on rapmusic.com. those who have forgotten me are no longer here! lol. since 2000, it's been a struggle to stay focused. I dont' always need an inspiration in order to write. it could just be a mood, a thought, a memory, a phrase, a person (admired or not), a place, a dream or even a news article. oh did i say it didn't need to be an inspiration? lol. get my point? there are many things that you may not think are inspiring to you or maybe you just look past it, almost as if to take it for granted. there are many things to write about, putting them into words can be tricky, but your thoughts are your thoughts, you can always edit them later, but if you forget to jot them down or don't make the time to do so, can become frustrating and cause you to lose focus. once you lose focus on one topic you so dearly wanted to write about, it'd be hard to start fresh with another topic, so try taking a break and bringing the same thought back to life in a different approch.

my friends often wonder how i'm able to write about anything and phrase it in a way that sounds neat. well... these are the reasons why. play with the words later. but get the points down as soon as you can. even if you have to put your busy life aside a sec. in order to do so. maybe not all the time, but for the things thoughts that you do not want to forget.

hope this helps you!!! hate to see a poet so enthusiastic about writing, but can't due to writers block, you're killin me here!!
    Pz. OnE!
    test
  8. AlmostFamous

AlmostFamous U got a problem?

i would tell yea to get some pussy my friend..............

good pussy that is...
    test
  9. ~Eloquent

~Eloquent Narcissistic....

it still happens to me every now and then
    i just think so much about so much
    just give myself terrible migraines and my thought process will just become extremely clogged
    usually it happens when i have some sort of personal or financial problems(ive had some financial problems big time recently)
    forcing it never works though
    just when i find something new that inspires me
    it usually opens me up to write something
    usually i just get so frusterated with hardly anything changing
    so change is really helpful sometimes
    like just gettin myself in a new environment
    fresh air basically....

i would suggest just chill for a while and let it come back to you...
    alot of my writing is spur of the moment why is why so much of it always seems so unfinished
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.