Pro Tools M-Powered 7.4 Fix for Windows 7

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by Mo0n ShYnE, Feb 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mo0n ShYnE

Mo0n ShYnE 365 Days. 365 Beats.

If you use Windows 7 32 bit.. and you use Pro Tools m-powered.. you've probably gotten the 0xc0000005 error. It's the same error people used to get also when you would have Internet Explorer 8 on a previous version of windows.. you used to be able to fix that by uninstalling ie8. You can't uninstall IE8 on windows 7, and disabling it (through the add/remove windows components) doesn't count.

someone put out a fix as a .reg file that works. I've went through the .reg file and found a lot of spyware URL's, so I cleaned it up a bit, and if you need the fix, I've reposted the clean verison on my website blog:

MooN sHizzLe Productions OFFICIAL WEBSITE v6.0 :: Blog :: Black and Blue Ink.’s Lyricist Manifesto, “Left Hook,” and The Pro Tools M-Powered 7.4 Windows 7 Fix

Link is the second line in the entry.
    test
  2. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

ouch. Thanks for this bit of info Im building a new pc and was debating on going Pro Tools with Windows 7. Ill stick to Sonar maybe go with Ableton
    test
  3. Mo0n ShYnE

Mo0n ShYnE 365 Days. 365 Beats.

Well PT8, from what i understand, works perfectly with 7. 7.4 doesn't. This reg fix will let it work though, which just addresses the conflict with IE8. Old versions of windows didn't have IE8 as an integral part that couldn't totally be removed as it is in 7. This just adjusts IE8 to coexist with m-powered 7.4, and therefore allowing it to run with 7 with ie8 enabled or disabled.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.