Pro Tools 8 LE / Windows 7 64 bit?

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by kaBLAOW, Dec 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaBLAOW

kaBLAOW Free Guns For Kids

does it work??? i've been hearin mixed things

right now i got a mbox2 mini and windows 7 64 bit. updated the software so technically i have pro tools 8.01 le. everything boots up and appears to work fine, but when i try to record it comes back with some hardware buffer error. i've tried adjusting the settings accordingly but no improvement. i know its not my processor/memory cuz i have a i7 processor with 6gigs of ram.

does the mbox2 mini work as a sound card? could having a crapping onboard soundcard be the problem?
    test
  2. Stash

Stash R.I.P Point Game

Pro Tools 8 Operating System Requirements

* Mac OS X 10.5.5, 10.5.6, or 10.5.7 (Leopard)
    * Windows XP Home and Professional with XP Service Pack 3
    * Windows Vista (32-bit) Ultimate and Business with Vista Service Pack 1
    o Pro Tools 8 adds support for Pro Tools|HD systems on Vista, as well as previously supported Pro Tools LE and M-Powered systems

Not Compatible with Pro Tools 8

* Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
    * Windows 64-bit OS
    test
  3. kaBLAOW

word, but after some googling it seems as though some people have gotten it to work. was hoping somebody here could provide some insight
    test
  4. Stash

Stash R.I.P Point Game

I honestly haven't touched windows in a couple of years now. I use Mac so I really can't offer any more help - most of my audio friends are all Mac also. If you found some people online who managed to do it, start a thread in that very forum and ask for some help.
    test
  5. kaBLAOW

i can dig it. ill post something up here if and when i get pt8 running on my pc.
    test
  6. D-T

D-T New Member

Go through the digidesign compatibility guide, they will tell you what system settings you need to change such as turning off your onboard sound/disabling internet...etc
    test
  7. kaBLAOW

^o yup... they JUST released a pro tools 8.03 with windows 7 audio drivers...

dling the update now, hope this shit works
    test
  8. D-T

D-T New Member

2 excel...did you use to be on AznRaps.com? I think I battled you in a tournament years ago on that site haha
    test
  9. kaBLAOW

oh right on, haha
    test
  10. beto1glez

beto1glez New Member

It works

************IT WORKS************

I made Pro tools LE work with WIndows 7 64bit. I have a HP desktop and a digi rack 002, with firewire port.

1st. Go to the device manager and change the Firewire driver. it is something like IEEE 1394 Host controller. right click, update driver software, browse my comp for driver software, let me pick for driver soft etc:, And select the "legacy" driver.

2nd. you need to go to the digidesign web site and download (Pro tools LE 8.0.3 Updater) you may have to subscribe, they just ask for a email , and user name.. you dont need any code or anything.

3rd. YOu need to download Degidesign Audio Driver Setup(x64).exe, also from digidesign.

4. Run the Pro tools Le 8.0.3 Updater, next run the Audio drivers, and you will up and running in no time.. Any questions send me an email beto1glez@hotmail.com
    test
  11. NUCLEUS45

NUCLEUS45 New Member

did anyone get pro tools m powered working? lol for real
    test
  12. Star Eater

Star Eater New Member

wowwwwwww nice
    test
  13. kaBLAOW

man i got the shit to be able to record but now i can't get any audio to playback...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.