precise timing

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by TGT(7), Sep 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TGT(7)

TGT(7) NexT

Right now I am using nuendo to make my beats....I have a midi keyboard.....and i am just wondering..how in the hell do u get the precise timing of lets say the drum kick. And when u make beats....... Do you just have like 2 bars of drum kicks and then copy and paste....or is there some other method besides this? im lost right now
    test
  2. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

r u talkin bout perfect timing via quantize or r u just off beat? and aint nothin wrong with makin a pattern and then copy and pasting it do what works for u
    test
  3. TGT(7)

TGT(7) NexT

hmm....well i am talkiing about pefect timing......well shit..i might as well. ask what exactly is quantizing..and matter of fact..how do u start off a beat...in the sense of length...how do u make is like 3 4 or 5 min wihout sitting there and tapping a drum key for 3 4 or 5 min
    test
  4. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

u make loops for how ever long u want i like to make 4 bar loops and quantizing just sits ur beats on the nearest beat u have set to itbut it can make ur beats sound robotic so use it sparingly or not at all if u dont have to
    test
  5. TGT(7)

TGT(7) NexT

alright...thanks man
    test
  6. veral conflict

veral conflict beatsrus

sounds like u aint got no rhythm..

count to the metronome.. 1 and 2 and 3 and etc... lol...
    test
  7. Ejuhcaited

Ejuhcaited ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

so u dont got 2 tap whateva out 4 a few mins, u gotta play what u need, and set it to loop. in nuendo i think the "left and right locators" have somethin 2 with that
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.