Ppl who like grindtime but don't like url are....

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by ddoc619, Jan 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teacozy

teacozy New Member

racial stereotyping, B, not lyrical stereotyping.

There's a lot of weird/suspect generalizing without any citation happening.
    test
  2. kushroller

kushroller New Member

Im tired of breakin shit down for you nerds^ take the hint and keep it movin
    test
  3. teacozy

teacozy New Member

[​IMG]
    test
  4. apalanchau

apalanchau wtc aint nutin tafuckwit

i watch both url and gt. i like both. gt is more diverse, it represents alls tyles of battling while url is more specific. this makes url have better quality control though, i mean if you're not a good rapper who could deliver your lyrics convincingly and with charisma you probably won't end up in url, while in gt it's anything goes most of the time no matter how awkward you are.
    test
  5. Fuzzy Dunlop

Fuzzy Dunlop this ainta pageant pimpin

Why do you have to pick between them?

They both have good and bad battlers in them. Trying to generalize like 'I dont like URL' or 'I dont like GT' is pretty dumb.

Calling people racist if they can't get into URL is really retarded tho. Just all depends on what the individual viewer is looking to get out of watching a rap battle. For me it depends on my mood.

but if you hate on someone who is dope because of their league affiliation you clearly are just dickriding to the fullest.
    test
  6. ForestSilence

ForestSilence Well-Known Member

lol.... seriously? I don't agree with the thought of good smack battlers not being creative or witty but to blame it on race (much less for EVERYONE who thinks that way) is outragous. And lol it's fucking boxing, who wouldn't want to be powerful, fast, and aggressive.

But seriously, you think someone who likes GT and dislikes Smack would really like a white smack battler with the same flow/style/lyrics as Head ICE (pretend ICE was white, basically). You kidding me? And what about cats like D-Lor? Why do some of these supposed racists think D-Lor is clever and witty? Dude it's pretty much staring you in the face all it is, is a matter of style preference. They think GT style is intelligent and Smack isn't. Only thing race related is almost all, or all Smack rappers are black and a high percentage of GT rappers are white. Therefore most of the rappers whose style they consider clever/witty are white. Ain't got shit to do with colour though. Why do they like Pass? Ness Lee? Hollow? GrindTime friendly style. Why didn't they like Head ICE when he battled in GT? Smack style.

No offense dude but that's reaching pretty hard. The thought of that many people's mentality being "Well this dude is great, his battling is clever as fuck as I enjoy but he's black so I'm not gonna listen to him and tell everyone he's dumb" doesn't seem a bit far-fetched.
    test
  7. teacozy

teacozy New Member

I think mentioning someone that everyone accuses of "being white" even when they're not kidding and don't know him personally is a bad example of what you're shooting for.

And for the record, D-Lor, and arguably Phranchyze, are underrated and I've never seen anyone, independent of some RM controversy or disliking their opponent, uniformly call them "clever".

Again, if you're late and replying now, go back to the first few pages and come back and say there isn't a weird doublethink/cognitive dissonance with a couple of the white fans on RM. Is it that weird and far-fetched for some of you to see that?

The issue is, for the better part of a year and a half certain posters have said really suspect shit often enough to be called racist, whether jokingly or not. As much as their appreciation for certain elements of hip-hop culture would falsely convince them that they aren't ("MY CLOSEST FRIEND IS A NEGRO, GUYS!"), words don't lie. There wasn't any trolling, they volunteered their super-questionable opinions and now that there's enough evidence that people are starting to get called out and semi-joking threads like this are made, they're getting over-sensitive, butthurt, defensive and using poor attempts at overdone sarcasm to mask what's apparent to anyone who isn't retarded.

This isn't anything hasty. People have BEEN noticing this, but its reached the point where this can't be shrugged off as paranoia or projection or being PC (Speaking of which accusing people of being PC in 2011 is basically admitting you don't know what PC is.) Some of these dudes have some shit to get together.
    test
  8. kushroller

kushroller New Member

[​IMG]
    test
  9. McCizoy

McCizoy Retired

It is kind've easy to tell.

Look at the battle threads on here or even the youtube comments. Generally speaking you see ALOT more people lol'ing and co-signing individual comical lines (he called Fox a faggot...bwahahahaha) in GT threads/comments while in URL threads/comments you see ALOT more people quoting multiple line schemes saying how dope it was.

And yes I know there are jokes in the URL and dope rapping schemes in GT but speaking in generalities that's how both are loosely identified from the non-bias observers like myself. Again there's nothing wrong with it, just like with movies some people like comedies more than dramas. Same thing really.
    test
  10. Jack Shitt

Jack Shitt Not "jackshit"

Someone else said some shit like this in another thread, unless it was you that time as well... I don't think I'm smarter than anyone.
    test
  11. Type_Z_480AZ

Type_Z_480AZ youtube.com/typezmusic

Were in a battle rap forum, and a lot of battle rap is based off sterotype shit. So obviously its going to come up in this forum. I think your confusing racisim with acknowledging and even joking about different sterotypes. Just because someone will say something sterotypical does not make them a full blown racist. Look at dave chappelle...dude has nothing but sterotypical jokes which are funny as hell...dosent make him a racist.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  12. Type_Z_480AZ

Type_Z_480AZ youtube.com/typezmusic

THIS tbh. Great post sir
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  13. UgOtWaShEd

UgOtWaShEd Member

dude u wish lmaoooo .look i like url but how can any one say the shit u say knowning THAT SOUL KAHN,HOLLOW DA DON,DNA AND CORTEZ R THERE HEAVY HITTERZ ALL GT DUDES! U URL FANS GOT THIS SHIT TWISTED FAM! THEY BOTH DOING IT UP! BUT I DONT SEE A URL RAPPER WHO WASNT IN GT ALREADY OR FIRST THAT GT COUNTS ON? DONT WORRY ILL WAIT...TY NOW THOSE WHO WILL SAY SHIT LIKE GOODZ OR MATH OR WHOM EVER THATS KOOL CUZ THATS THERE OWN BACK YARD, BUT U CANT SAY THAT ALL URL IS GUN CLAP DUE TO THERE TOP BEING GT’z MAIN GUYS, SO IF U GUN CLAP IM WID IT IF U DO IT DIFFERENT THEN THE NEXT MAN.
    PS- while url and gt laugh at u, u dumb fucks r debating. Nice.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  14. teacozy

teacozy New Member

Did you even read the second part of the post?
    test
  15. JimmyThaBrute

JimmyThaBrute New Member

and if you like URL and not GT, you either
    1) have no sense of humor, 2) are a sheltered white nerd who is fascinated by exotic g-shit, or 3) are racist.
    test
  16. kushroller

kushroller New Member

if you like URL and not GT you either
    1) dont like the thousands of trash battles they drop every week
    2) dont like the low quality bars and bad jokes from there so called "best" battlers
    3) just dont like watchin white boys talk about shit they know nothin about

its that simple
    test
  17. UgOtWaShEd

UgOtWaShEd Member

ya lil niggaz iz stuck in high school? Gt geeks been fuckin url catz up going on a year already soul khans last battle in url had the crowd screeming his name! GT RAPPER? OH NO CANT BE! YES LIL NIGGA A GT RAPPER! GET OFF THAT B.S! GT N URL GIVES U BITCHES A REASON TO MAKE THIS THREAD! BUT DONT BITE THE HAND THAT FEED UR VIEWS! KEEP IT 100! N STOP FRONTIN!
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  18. Dougay43

Dougay43 Member

I do personally think that "GT" rappers generally come more clever when you're considering the top tier battlers. I also like the fact that GT rappers have their crew thats with them but generally the majority of the people in the crowd will react to good lines regardless of who said them.

It pisses me off when the URL crowds are basically split down the middle and show nothing but love for one dude and hate on the other. the fact that it takes the crowd so long to shut up in between verses or when one guy says somethin gang/turf related is the biggest knock against URL imo.

at the same time, URL has better performances hands down. It's clear that the URL rappers take it more seriously and come with three polished verses and if theyre not, theyre fucked. They also have way better energy and crowd control. even though they might not be saying somethin as clever, the energy put into the bars makes them hit just as hard if not harder.

K-shine's third round i think it was is a good example. he just kept goin and was gettin hyped himself and he had the whole crowd feedin off it and when he was done the crowd went crazy(his half at least)

naw mean?
    test
  19. JimmyThaBrute

JimmyThaBrute New Member

you don't have to watch them all.

GT is the league that multiple dozen leagues all over the world have modelled themselves on. Yes, there is a whole world full of people who enjoy battle rap, and they emulate GT's style.

lol... like what? shooting people?
    test
  20. The_NY_Giant

The_NY_Giant SWAG GUN DON

lol at this. no ones saying theyre mot clever bc theyre black. and the boxer referance is complete bullshit. just another ignorant way to keep blacks and whites segregated. its a BOXER. you say the attributes that has to do with BOXING. Thats like saying im mad white college professors arent given attributes such as strong powerful and tough therefore that is racist. smh. racism works both ways. most of you url fans are more racist than the gt fans you hate. look in the mirror. do you want us to be equal or do you want to be considered better than us? its realy coming off as the latter to me.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.