Ppl who like grindtime but don't like url are....

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by ddoc619, Jan 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jizznips

Jizznips New Member

this.

If you don't like the lyrical content or aggressiveness then that's okay to me, just a style preference. But saying they are less clever or creative just sounds like "these black people are ignorant" to me.
    test
  2. D-Lor

D-Lor Well-Known Member

lmao

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Random people know who math , murder mook serius jones are etc. No one I know outside of rap has heard of ..say soul khan or kid caustic or fresco.

Just look at the views for the battles.

Oh man.
    test
  3. swolfdab.

swolfdab. 831's Finest.

How do you come up with this type of logic?
    test
  4. kushroller

kushroller New Member

Real talk .
    test
  5. MyBallsYourChin

MyBallsYourChin Active Member

Personally, I look at URL like I look at every faction of people that walk this earth. A few winners; a whole lot of losers. Every single league has their garbage and they have their GOT DAYUM cats... All of them. :funny:

However, not saying all URL is happens to be gun bars, but ya'll cats are buggin if you think rap started out as just "street" rhymes, and if you don't like street rhymes then you don't like rap. That's real fucking talk.
    test
  6. Jizznips

Jizznips New Member

I think URL is just more widely known and popular in general (especially within rap). I think Grindtime does have more accessibility to the non-rap fan because of all the comedy and variety of characters, which is a lot more universal than "street" rap.
    test
  7. Ericthegreat

Ericthegreat Pipe Buster

This whole argument is stupid. Both have GREAT talent.

I enjoy watching both leagues... and KOTD.
    test
  8. ErikForeman

ErikForeman Yung Fred Flint

Fucking clown.
    test
  9. TunK

TunK Active Member

I watch a few, I just get bored with the gun talk all of the time
    test
  10. wizrd_of_nom

wizrd_of_nom New Member

you're bored of gun talk yet I'm bored of snappy little one liners and same syllable rhyming for entire verses. Young Ill>
    test
  11. teacozy

teacozy New Member

couple of you are clowns and haven't said anything that wasn't predictable and corny in this thread.

wow @ trying so hard to sarcastic on the internet.
    test
  12. BITmafakka

BITmafakka GS palmin' the m1 garand

The problem I have with url is that laughably bad bars get hyped up as great (don't get me wrong, there are LOTS of good bars/segments too but the wack ones gets "UNGHHHS" too)
    and that their sound quality is worse.

The marv vs cortez battle has amazing sound quality, the math hoffa vs aye verb had atrocious sound quality.

I like to see good battles, in good quality.

Another problem with url is that they're on some sort of piedestal, like shotgun suge is better than fresco and shit like that, too much "hyping up ya BOY" and less realism.

And, url has like 20 battlers or some shit, 10 of those suck.

This makes it easier for me to appreciate grindtime since they have more battlers who are good, making for more good battles and more diversity.

I think the 3 min rounds can be a problem since half of the rappers can't write 9 mins of material without using played shit.

Url might be the "final proving ground" or whatever, but it mostly just proves that lots of the rappers there ain't worthy to be.

And yeah, fuck you, i love gunbars.
    test
  13. Sheldon_87

Sheldon_87 Member

lol.

SMH
    test
  14. SpecialOhEmPics

SpecialOhEmPics Well-Known Member

i dont fuck with URL at all on some pre bias shit truthfully only seen half a dozen to a dozen battles

whos top 5 URL/ top URL battles I think its time to peep it and give it another chance

also I thought grind time was biggest rap league (for americans)
    is this not true?
    test
  15. kushroller

kushroller New Member

U can say its not a race thing but that dont change wats obvious. GT is a decent league but we all know URL is the best (ultimate rap league) wit that bein said I just think white kids that only like GT need 2 just watch them shitty ass (70% below average) battles that drect post every 10 minutes and stop goin on all the url battles (on this site and on youtube) just 2 give your dumb ass opinion on something you cant relate to and shouldnt be watchin in the first place. (and dont bother replyin either lol)
    test
  16. kushroller

kushroller New Member

because Dizaster is the best 2 yall got and he say shit like im controlin the crowd wit my eyebrow and yall love it :funny:

that shit get no respect in url. everybody in url is original and work on makin they flow better and better (k shine for example would easily dismantle Dizaster and hes the best yall got but in url shine not even top 5). You see the nigga Arsonal got clowned tryna step in a URL ring and niggas swore he was top 5 (in my opinion he not even top 10)
    test
  17. masta_blasta

masta_blasta Member

Speaking of taking people seriously in discussions, how can you be taken seriously when you type 'there for' instead of 'therefore' and 'apprectiate' instead of 'appreciate'?

That is all :)
    test
  18. brockinit

brockinit New Member

Any league that'll let two ppl rip each other a new one in ryhme form, im all for it, who gives a fuck who's making this happen. I gotta say though it does seem like certain URL guys get put on a pedastal, like they are really good or something when i think its an illusion. Not to say they are bad or anything but i think where they dont battle as often they dont even have the opportunity to spit something horrible. I think if the Maths/Mooks of the world were to battle on at least a semi regular basis then you would start to see cracks in the armour. So what does this all boil down to? Both leagues are great but URL is much smarter in their marketing, and are very good at promoting their rappers strengths. They also create a "big fight atmosphere" which goes a long way in getting views for your battle.

On a side note, this whole racism thing is going overboard and whoever said its preference is dead on. I enjoy URL but i cant relate to any of it, so i def feel some GT battles more but im not gonna sit here and say URL sucks because its not true. This happens alot with people nowadays. Its like they like 1 thing thats their favorite and then claim everything else sucks. So closed minded.

This racism talk reminded me of a time i was hanging out with a buddy of mine. Im white, he's black and we were watching a vid on youtube. I cant remember details but some street rapper was trying to make a video challenging someone. Anyway they are on the street and he's there in front of the camera, bunch of his homies behind him and they are all talking at once and some of them are yelling in the camera over the guy who was trying to make the challenge, and my friends just like "Fuck, I hate black people..."
    test
  19. teacozy

teacozy New Member

If you actually read a few choice RM threads, preference has very little to do with this. There's really blatant stereotyping in a lot of the replies.

Some of these December accounts aren't helping at all, tbh.
    test
  20. brockinit

brockinit New Member

I wont deny that there is some sterotyping going on, but that shit goes both ways. Street rappers are "gun talk" White rapper are "corny jokes" Neither of these are true %100 of the time. Just remember though Stereotypes are stereotypes for a reason. Most white ppl are corny fucking goofballs.

I think ppl are just way to quick to play the race card. (in all walks of life but esp. battle rap)
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.