Ppl who like grindtime but don't like url are....

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by ddoc619, Jan 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lamel2g

Lamel2g New Member

Great Post.
    test
  2. Krown

Krown New Member

Ive always considered Aye Verb top 3 in the game...however, I think this board sometimes goes a bit overboard with dickriding a few URL rappers. I get a bit tired of the "Math Hoffa is a god" dickriding on this forum, as well as some of the east coast fight klub veterans (like Goodz) who seem to get a pass for being very average. I remember Jack Shit saying that he believed Syd Vicious might be able to beat Math, and I dont see why he should be shitted on for that...as to me, battling is the type of "sport" in which there are upsets and sleeping giants get beaten rather often.
    test
  3. TrUbZzZ

TrUbZzZ I Know JewJitsu

Thank you for that one tbh

And what the fuck about this Lack of Lyrical Ability from URL battlers....lol

You realize URL goes for 3 mins each round thats about 9 mins worth of material

where as the average GT battle goes for 1 min rounds...maybe 2 mins depending on the big names, and chokes are happenin all the time

when you gotta write for 9 mins of course your not gonna have amazing bars back to back, URL gives you the chance to show off your delivery, flow, cadence amongst other things, URL makes you prove you got more then just punchlines to hold a crowd down, iv'e watched plenty of GT battles with people just filling up their time with hot 1 liners and waiting for crowd reaction
    test
  4. BAdams421

BAdams421 New Member

I would agree with that and would argue that he has only won 1 battle.

The thing that annoys me is when people say that URL rappers aren't creative because they talk mostly about guns.
    It takes way more creativity to talk about killing someone in rhyme form than it does to copy and paste internet jokes in rhyme form (Troy Brown) or read a non-rhyming letter to an opponent (360).
    test
  5. Krown

Krown New Member

My dude, that may be the case comparing certain rappers...but people on here dont want to admit that GT has a universal style. You can take a non rap fan or a hot drunk bitch and they will probably enjoy a Dumbfoundead, Caustic, Madness,etc...battle. A lot of people arent trying to hear an 18 minute battle full of gun similes and who runs their block. I own over 500 hip hop albums and I barely have interest in it tbh after working full time.
    test
  6. lizphair

lizphair Yippy Yippy

this is so lame
    test
  7. King John

King John ♛♔♚♕♛♔♚♕

Only if they're white.
    test
  8. BAdams421

BAdams421 New Member

First of all, no one enjoys Caustic.

Second of all, you got all day with the non rap fan or hot drunk bitch? Cuz you're gonna have to show them every single Dumb or Caustic battle so they can understand the battle. You also would have to show them every single movie ever made so they can understand a Madness battle.
    test
  9. Alterior

Alterior axe about me

WTF @ showing a chick a battle in the first place. Where they do that at?
    test
  10. Str8 Ghostin

Str8 Ghostin New Member

I find URL rappers to have superior 'rapping' ability, but GT rappers to have more creative lyrics. I enjoy all leagues, but people complain about content far too much, especially in regards to URL battles. What do you want them to say? It's a rap battle and it's not meant to be taken literally, just enjoy the fucking lyrics regardless of what they are.
    test
  11. TheRealWarlock

TheRealWarlock Top 5 In The 505

Um no. I know Hispanic chicks who love gt battles
    test
  12. lizphair

lizphair Yippy Yippy

"a hot drunk bitch"

-_-
    test
  13. Met-A-Forikal

Met-A-Forikal Time, cunt!

i, c wut the OP did thar

You sly dog!
    test
  14. TheRealWarlock

TheRealWarlock Top 5 In The 505

The madness part made me laugh but Dumb references his oppenents battles more than his
    test
  15. Alterior

Alterior axe about me

Basically...

GT = Jokes
    URL = Rapping

If you like GT more than URL or vice versa cool. But shitting on one as the only way to give props to the other is lame and where alot of the subliminal racist shit does end up coming in.
    test
  16. ddoc619

ddoc619 New Member

the 1st step is accepting bro
    test
  17. ddoc619

ddoc619 New Member

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    this
    test
  18. Gwame

Gwame no luckycharms in ireland

URL is less accessible to most people who aren't battle heads.
    test
  19. liquid`acid

liquid`acid gods busy can I help you?

some of your guys' concept of racism is a joke. not saying there isn't racism at work but a lot of you guys are breeding it.

if a white guy like witty lines of a type more often spit by a halfway educated white man you come them like they like it for race related reasons not because it speaks more to them. if a black guy spits those lines he's an uncle tom, so what kind of motivation is there to publicly display intelligence?

people are going to like what speaks to them and advocate it.. welcome to democracy asshole.

my ancestors hanging your ancestors from a tree for walking on the wrong side of the street, thats racism. me liking KOTD over GT or URL? or any such combo of preference? fuck off

go read a history book and try to learn the causes of racism and not what it looks like
    test
  20. liquid`acid

liquid`acid gods busy can I help you?

sometimes i swear dumb people are infecting smart people with stupid.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.