Ppl who like grindtime but don't like url are....

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by ddoc619, Jan 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KingsCourtEnt

KingsCourtEnt Active Member

Wow your opinion shows such ignorance and lack of intelligence. Like you haven't even watched the battles. Watch Syd vs Swave and tell me he couldn't stand with just about anyone. You obviously like Verb a bit the way you are on his nuts rating him so high
    test
  2. KingsCourtEnt

Actually Verb doesn't beat Syd in punchlines in any way shape or form. That one is not close and I think that catergory clearly goes to Syd

Delivery is very subjective and pressence. I would agreee with the structure
    test
  3. BAdams421

BAdams421 New Member

Whats so funny? Thesaurus is hot garb in the written format
    test
  4. Slick Ick

Slick Ick New Member

'even his guardian angels ducked' is a better punch than any syd has ever spat. so is 'the target's been identified' against Hollow. Verb had a bunch of haymakers against Marv that I prefer to Syd's entire catalog. You only think Syd has a clear advantage because Verb doesn't get too personal, but his lines meant to intimidate and demean do the job better than most, and, in my opinion that list includes Syd Vicious.
    test
  5. DDSS

DDSS Member

I completely agree on the quintessential performances. I honestly think Math is one of the best to ever do it, and I'll check for his battles almost over anybody elses. Yah fair enough with the Hitman Holla, it was just so widely revered that I thought I was maybe missing something, as I don't know the history as well with the URL cats.

I just meant that stylistically Arsonal seems fairly easy to mimic, and maybe it was just bias from last battle but I thought he came pretty plain, but just dressed in an aggressive delivery with solid cadence. And there's nothing wrong with that at all. I'm really interested to see what happens come Jan. 22nd, but if I was a betting man I'd throw it all on Pat Stay. By easy to write for him I mean that...it would seem if Pat Stay thought of most of Arsonal's rhymes from the last battle he'd throw them away quicker than he could jot them down. I dunno maybe I'm wrong, we'll see what happens come the 22nd, but I never think I could write for someone like Pat Stay.

I don't disagree that those quitessential performances you mentioned are dominant, and some of my favorite in battle rap period, I thought the discussion was more the average, arbritrary-gun-punchline-weapon-raps against maybe a lil nerdier personal disses which people seem to want to classify the respective leagues by. I don't agree with this classification, but I'm personally a lot more interested by the latter, but to each his own. It's kinda like when a street rapper drops a .22 zip-em-up toe tag line it's like 'mmm ok but who cares' but when Real Deal starts talking about Thesaurus pretty relevent fall from grace I feel a lot more interested. I know it's not fair to lump URL rappers into a simple gun pun and I'm not, jus saying on a very basic level I like stuff that I'm entertained by...whatever form or league that may come in.
    test
  6. ZeroByDivide

ZeroByDivide gg

I don't get how the areas you bolded coincide in any way. No, I'm not agreeing with the OP. How does style preference = not appreciating rap. I stated that racism could be a factor with a small number of people, not that people who dislike URL are automatically racists/uncle toms/don't know anything about rap. The majority just don't enjoy the style as a whole.
    test
  7. Marbles

Marbles New Member

GT is better because they have consistently proved themselves to be better. When a URL battler comes to GT, they get trashed (except for Solomon, if you count him), when a GT battler goes to the URL they win (except for DNA, because he loses at life).

The best 2 URL performances to date have both been from GT battlers, Soul Khan by miles and miles, and then Prophit, and his performance wasn't exactly that good. Hollow is a close third. Mac Lethal would body everyone in URL.
    test
  8. Slick Ick

Slick Ick New Member

that could be the miscue right there: when i think about URL style vs GT style, I think form vs. content, rather than guns vs. relevant disses. And I prefer form (which IS NOT to say GT dudes don't have form, the top tier of GT has some nice rappity rappers as well).

By the way, when I hear a zip 'em up line and it's great i feel this nice visceral rush of adrenaline that i don't get from jokes.

the dude who said the best url verses ever are soul khan, prophit and then hollow is my favorite troll ever and just made the rest of the trolls on this site look like stuffy faggots
    test
  9. KingsCourtEnt

Or maybe I like Syd's style better Thanks for telling me why I like Syd better. For you to say they are not even close and Syd can't compete shows an obvious bias to a specific style and lack of knowledge of overal rap ability. Maybe get off URL nuts
    test
  10. Slick Ick

Slick Ick New Member

I didn't say Syd couldn't compete with Verb in punches, I said that category was close. I said Verb was a much better overall battle rapper, and I still don't think that's style preference. Verb raps better, more complex shit that takes more time and skill to prepare. I'm not on anyone's nuts. i neither like nor dislike any battler on a personal level. don't get bothered by someone disagreeing with you, it's unbecoming.
    test
  11. DDSS

DDSS Member

yah I mean, the best rappers are gonna have good form regardless of what league/side they're on. I know whatchu mean by visceral rush of adrenaline, I get that from lines like 'the same passive aggresiveness he battles depression with', lines that combine a great rhyme with brooding intensity. just outta curiosity, what's your prediction for Jan. 22nd?
    test
  12. Slick Ick

Slick Ick New Member

The Pat Stay that battled Hollohan can beat Ars, but I dunno if Pat Stay can perform like that against anyone but Hollohan. I think Arsonal's the favorite but not by a lot. If uses that same style he was using against Diz I think that'll be tough.
    test
  13. FarooqHakim

FarooqHakim Dot Dorbal

HAHAhahahHAHAHaha
    test
  14. XQZapproved

XQZapproved Well-Known Member

i haven't read thru this thread and someone's probably made this point already but ok people who like gt but not url are racist or nerds but im sure there's nothing wrong with people who like url but not gt
    test
  15. BAdams421

BAdams421 New Member

Nope you're the first person to say that. Congrats.
    test
  16. wizrd_of_nom

wizrd_of_nom New Member

What is this nonsense? The best 2 battles in URL were Soul Khan's and Prophit's? Really? You think that? What about Young Ill vs Calicoe, or Hitman vs Cortez? Come on.
    test
  17. gregrieke20

gregrieke20 Well-Known Member

Go the fuck home Roger.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.