Power

Discussion in 'IntroSpectrum' started by Anidawehi, Dec 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anidawehi

Anidawehi "-----"

Here are the first 20 rules (out of 48) that I've been testing on RM since 2000.
    I have found them ALL to work. Sometimes on RM I have tested these rules by "breaking them" in order to see how people will react and they ALWAYS do react exactly as I expected them to.

The question is, do you agree that they are true or do you disagree with them?
    Which ones do you agree or disagree with, and why? Feel free to give examples.

If this makes it to page (5) hen I will post the other 28 rules and we can discuss those.

1. Never Outshine The Master
    Always make those above you feel comfortably superior. In your desire to please or impress them, do not go too far in displaying your talents or you might accomplish the opposite - inspire fear and insecurity. Make your masters appear more brilliant than they are and you will attain the heights of power.

2. Never Put Too Much Trust In Friends, Learn How To Use Enemies
    Be weary of friends - they will betray you more quickly, for they are easily aroused to envy. They also become spoiled and tyrannical. But hire a former enemy and he will be more loyal than a friend, because he has more to prove. In fact, you have more to fear from friends than enemies. If you have no enemies, find a way to make them.

3. Conceal Your Intentions
    Keep people off balance and in the dark by never revealing the purpose behind your actions. If they have no clue what you are up to, they cannot prepare a defense. Guide them far enough down the wrong path, envelop them in enough smoke, and by the time they realize your intentions, it will be too late.

4. Always Say Less Than Necessary
    When you are trying to impress people with words, the more you say, the more common you appear, and the less in control. Even if you are saying something banal, it will seem original if you make it vague, open-ended, and sphinxlike. Powerful people impress and intimidate by saying less. The more you say, the more likely you are to say something foolish.

5. So Much Depends On Reputation - Guard It With Your Life
    Reputation is the cornerstone of power. Through reputation alone you can intimidate and win; once it slips, however, you are vulnerable, and will be attacked on all sides. Make your reputation unassailable. Always be alert to potential attacks and thwart them before they happen. Meanwhile, learn to destroy your enemies by opening holes in their own reputations. Then stand aside and let public opinion hang them.

6. Court Attention At All Cost
    Everything is judged by its appearance; what is unseen counts for nothing. Never let yourself get lost in the crowd, then, or buried in oblivion. Stand out. Be con••••uous, at all cost. Make yourself a magnet of attention by appearing larger, more colorful, more mysterious than the bland and timid masses.

7. Get Other To Do The Work For You, But Always Take The Credit
    Use the wisdom, knowledge, and legwork of other people to further your own cause. Not only will such assistance save you valuable time and energy, it will give you a godlike aura of efficiency and speed. In the end, your helpers will be forgotten and you will be remembered. Never do yourself what others can do for you.

8. Make Other People Come To You - Use Bait If Necessary
    When you force the other person to act, you are the one in control. It is always better to make your enemies come to you, abandoning his own plans in the process. Lure him with fabulous gains - then attack. You hold the cards.

9. Win Through Your Actions, Never Through Argument
    Any momentary triumph you think you have gained through argument is really a Pyrrhic victory: the resentment and ill will you stir up is stronger and lasts longer than any momentary change of opinion. It is much more powerful to get others to agree with you through your actions, without saying a word. Demonstrate, do not explicate.

10. Infection: Avoid the Unhappy And Unlucky
    You can die from someone else's misery - emotional states are as infectious as diseases. You may feel you are helping the drowning man but you are only precipitating your own disaster. The unfortunate sometimes draw misfortune on themselves; they will also draw it on you. Associate with the happy and fortunate instead.
    test
  2. Anidawehi

Anidawehi "-----"

11. Learn To Keep People Dependent On You
    To maintain your independence you must always be needed and wanted. The more you are relied on, the more freedom you have. Make people depend on you for their happiness and prosperity and you have nothing to fear. Never teach them enough so that they can do without you.

12. Use Selective Honesty And Generosity To Disarm Your Victim
    One sincere and honest move will cover over dozens of dishonest ones. Open-hearted gestures of honesty and generosity bring down the guard of even the most su••••ious people. Once your selective honesty opens a hole in their armor, you can deceive and manipulate them at will. A timely gift - a Trojan horse - will serve the same purpose.

13. When Asking For Help, Appeal To People's Self-Interest, Never To Their Mercy Or Gratitude
    If you need to turn to an ally for help, do not bother to remind him of your past assistance and good deeds. He will find a way to ignore you. Instead, uncover something in your request, or in your alliance with him, that will benefit him, and emphasize it out of all proportion. He will respond enthusiastically when he sees something to be gained for himself.

14. Pose As A Friend, Work As A Spy
    Knowing about your rival is critical. Use spies to gather valuable information that will keep you a step ahead. Better still: Play the spy yourself. In polite social encounters, learn to prove. Ask indirect questions to get people to reveal their weaknesses and intentions. There is no occasion that is not an opportunity for artful spying.

15. Crush Your Enemy Completely
    All great leaders since Moses have known that a feared enemy must be crushed completely. (Sometimes they have learned this the hard way.) If one ember is left alight, no matter how dimly it smolders, a fire will eventually break out. More is lost through stopping halfway than through total annihilation: The enemy will recover and will seek revenge. Crush him, not only in body but in spirit.

16. Use Absence To Increase Respect And Honor
    Too much circulation makes the price go down: The more you are seen and heard from, the more common you appear. If you are already established in a group, temporary withdrawal from it will make you more talked about, even more admired. You must learn when to leave. Create value through scarcity.

17. Keep Others In Suspended Terror: Cultivate An Air Of Unpredictability
    Humans are creatures of Habit with an insatiable need to see familiarity in other people's actions. Your predictability gives them a sense of control. Turn the tables: Be deliberately unpredictable. Behavior that seems to have no consistancy or purpose will keep them off-balance, and they will wear themselves out trying to explain your motives. Taken to an extreme, this strategy can intimidate and terrorize.

18. Do Not Build A Fortress To Protect Yourself - Isolation Is Dangerous
    The world is dangerous and enemies are everywhere - everyone has to protect themselves. A fortress seems the safest. But isolation exposes you to more dangers than it protects you from - it cuts you off from valuable information, it makes you con••••uous and an easy target. Better to circulate among people, find allies, mingle. You are shielded from your enemies by the crowd.

19. Know Who You're Dealing With - Do Not Offend The Wrong Person
    There are many different kinds of people in the world, and you can never assume that everyone will react to your strategies in the same way. Deceive or outmaneuver some people and they will spend the rest of their lives seeking revenge. They are wolves in lambs clothing. Choose your victims and opponents carefully, then - never offend or deceive the wrong person.

20. Do Not Commit To Anyone
    It is the fool who always rushes to take sides. Do not commit to any side or cause but yourself. By maintaining your independence you become the master of others -
    playing people against one another, making them pursue you.
    test
  3. cock juggler

cock juggler Double ML=STUD

test
  4. Interesting...indeed.
    test
  5. Anidawehi

Anidawehi "-----"

With what?
    test
  6. McGirth

McGirth New Member

^ did you write this? interesting stuff. [if we take it out of the context of the message board and into life]

here is the first rule about being Machiavelian however:
    Never Show your Cards.

if you truly wanted to deceive: why would you post this?

Machiavelli isn't machiavelian.

----

Seems like you want to educate - but why would you want to educate ppl to be deceptive? Be careful who you teach what to.

--
    But really though, practically, all this be deceptive mumbo-jumbo type advice is moot. If you act purposefully deceptive/self-interested - your subconscience, conceits, and habit will sabotage you. Better to master your conscious by pursuing the good correctly. (dostoyevsky)

For example - if in a particular situation you can reap advantage unjustly. If you do so you run the risk of:
    a) creating a habit of dependence in yourself towards whatever injustice your doing. (for example, becoming dependent on theft)
    b)altering your conceits - once one thought is altered your entire perception can become warped with it. This destroys your chances at future survival/reaping benefit. (for example, thinking theft is OKAY -- this evaluation goes into other areas)
    c)you may sabotage your future success subconsciously. In effect punishing yourself inadvertently for what your subconscious considers immoral.

even from the point of view of Pure self-interest --- Its always better simply to do good.
    test
  7. Anidawehi

Anidawehi "-----"

I didn't post this to promote it. I posted it for the conversational aspect.

ALL players for power use the same rules and tactics. In order to defend yourself against such people you have to understand their game. When you understand every aspect of the game that these men (and women) play whether it be politically or emotionally (sexual seduction) the rules remain the same.

If I publish books on this it won't be to teach it. It will be to expose those who use these tactics and HOW they are using these tactics to manipulate the world around us. I will be teaching "how" they do it, I suppose . . . but I will be teaching how they are ultimately weak for doing it.

People who play this game for power are always on unsteady ground.
    If you know what angle they are playing (because a person can only play one or two angles at a time) you can easily stop them. If you don't see what they are doing, then you can't.
    test
  8. Red1

Red1 A Figure of Speech

test
  9. Anidawehi

Anidawehi "-----"

Yea, (but the examples are all from the past, not present). Greene ultimately makes it seem as though these things aren't taking place now and the examples he uses are of historical events and people that most people know very little about. In the future I plan on writing a couple books on how these laws or rules of power are being used in different ways by different organizations through different venues to manipulate people. Of course, I won't write these laws out like he has nor will I refer to these specific laws or the order because many of them can be brought together. The (48) Laws are actually about a dozen. Greene simply stretched them out to make a book of it.

Mohammed actually mastered quite a few of these laws.
    Not surprisingly Yeshua, Buddha and Lao Tzu avoided these tactics . . . as did the other "Prophets."

Religions ALL rely on these tactics.
    Governments are founded on these laws.
    Musicians, Lawyers, and Entertainers are all using one form or another of these laws.

It's crazy.
    Everybody is tryin to pull the wool over everybody else's eyes.
    "The 48 Laws of Power" and "The Art of Seduction" are written in the form of "telling people to do these things" (which I am against). But it is good to read them because you see how the minds of people like this work. It's all about the "self" with the majority of the world.

I bought the book when it was first released several years back and have used all of the techniques on RM over the years and they ALL work exactly as they are written, flawlessly. Then I started watching people in the media and you can see which ones they use. I don't know if these people have actually studied these laws somewhere or if they just naturally pick them up by being corrupt assholes but it makes it all the more easy to see through people when you know the laws.

RM is a good place to test them because nobody actually gets hurt. People just catch feelings. If you put them into practice in real life people wind up hurt (which is not a good thing).

Some of the tactics are harmless and just serve for gaining influence and authority (such as the one in my signature), but others are all about destroying people, which is wrong. But that's what they're doing.

You read the book or have you just heard about it?
    test
  10. teq the decider

teq the decider sexual predator

with the amount of times az has been caught plagiarizing youd think hed just give up.
    test
  11. Anidawehi

Anidawehi "-----"

You're a moron.

But at least I know who is behind the "Teq" name.
    test
  12. Sounds like the Middle Man's Mantra of Self-Maintainance.

Power comes from the motion of information.
    test
  13. Anidawehi

Anidawehi "-----"

How so?

(Not saying I disagree, just asking you to elaborate)
    test
  14. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

This sounds like a school for scoundrels.

noone is worth debating if that is how they think.
    I'm too truthful for any of that nonsense.

there's the Truth and then there is bullshit.

it's good if your only objective is WINNING (which is chlidish) but it does nothing to benefit the minds around you. In the end if you mess with the wrong person your ignorance will have the reverse effect. I don't deal with people unless I know exactly where they are coming from. other wise it's like having a conversation with a mask man.

My swagger is Too real for the bullshit.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.