Post your stats

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Juked, Feb 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LiveFromThe781

LiveFromThe781 Don Of The Den

im not against trying new workouts, not in the least. i just dont think that doing a new workout EVERY workout is a good idea. i dont see the reasoning behind it because you cant plateau off an exercise in a matter of performing it 4 times (unless you dont change some factor like weight, reps, rest etc).
    test
  2. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

go look up your favorite MMA fighters workout routine.
    test
  3. stand out

stand out New Member

ben official whats your workout routine like?
    test
  4. Ben Official

just to elaborate, here is sean sherks workout. which is almost identical to how i train. ive down all of these, even have the same hr monitor and train at the same heart rate. this is the style most mma fighters train in (the good ones at least hehe). it is by far the most effective for athletes. way, way better than just using free weights.

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevanc...ideo/x2g5ns_sean-sherk-caveman-training_sport
    test
  5. Ben Official

see above video
    test
  6. LiveFromThe781

that chick is fuckin hot

...i remember when i used to think sean sherk was a beast but after seeing people like Dexter Jackson iunno..not so impressive lol.

as for his training it kinda resembles some strongman training.
    test
  7. Ben Official

lol yeah, hes no body builder. but he will beat dexters ass hahah.

personally i dont understand why people want to look like jackson. i know for damn sure most women find it disgusting, and if your not using the strength for anything outside of lifting, whats the point?

just my opinion of course, but yea, he is a beast.
    test
  8. LiveFromThe781

dexter jackon looks pretty normal, theres some freaky guys out there but he seems to be the one most people mention as the most aesthetically appeasing. he also has perfect symmetry..its rediculous.

[​IMG]

perfect symmetry, and look at the erectors...i would say most powerlifters cant even achieve that.

personally id like to go for mike mentzer, for some reason i think of all the bodybuilders i could achieve of a physique similar to his, of course probaly not at his weight and mass but that type of look.

http://www.philkaplan.com/thefitnesstruth/images/mentzer.jpg
    test
  9. Ben Official

ah yeah, we definitely have totally different goals haha
    test
  10. Barrax

Barrax Movin on UP

how do you find out your body fat %?
    test
  11. absolute zero

absolute zero Among the living

the way i figure it out i have an electronic scale that figures out your body weight and body fat percentage. i'm pretty dissapointed with my stats though lol.
    test
  12. LiveFromThe781

take an educated guess.

14% no ab visibility, little to no vascularity, slight double chin, completely smoothed (no definition)

12% top abs slightly visible, light vascularity, somewhat smoothed

10% abs start to become visible, veins are more apparent

8% really defined shoulders, all abs visible, very vascular

V 8% (and low water retention) shredded
    test
  13. Graphx

Graphx Word? Word!

^^ Good shit

By those standards I'm in the 10-12% range

It's fucking hard to drop your BF% and build strength/mass simultaneously without either A) Over training B) Moving at a sloooow pace, or, C) Failing.

At least thats my take on the shit in my experiences.
    test
  14. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

The biggest factor is really your diet/intake
    test
  15. Graphx

Graphx Word? Word!

My shit is stupid clean right now...its actually driving me nuts man

I think the last hurdle I gotta get over is the amount of beer I drink...I'm no alcoholic, I drink 1-2 times a week tho and its usually beer and I can't stand light beer...so I'm beginning to think that all the hard work I put in at the gym and in the kitchen is going to get overshadowed by a beer belly or something.

O well, fuck it. You're only 21 once right?
    test
  16. Got Life?

I feel you on that, I have a beer /w lunch everday...

but then again, I just had knee surgery and that doesn't help so I can cheat now because I can't really train right now anyway...
    test
  17. LiveFromThe781

it depends what bodyfat youre at. if youre above 14% with no muscularity you really need to come down. you cant put on muscle at 8% bodyfat (without drugs) dont even bother trying. if youre at 10% or 12% or somewhere around there its fine. you dont need to be in beach body shape year round but that doesnt mean letting yourself go either.

the worst thing to do is say "oh well since im not training now i can cheat" wtf? you should be extra careful of what youre intaking when you arent exercising nevermind going overboard. a beer isnt going to kill you, dont get me wrong but thats not a good mentality to have. its just going to make things that much harder when you do get back in.
    test
  18. Juked

Juked like 20 of the Lions.

Regarding the beer thing...I was drinkin almost a 6 pack a night on average for like a whole semester and though i wasnt fat, i did have a beer belly. This semester so far i've cut down immensely and lost a huge amount of fat around my stomach. I'd put myself between 8-10 percent body fat. My abs look really nice when i flex. I've also noticed a increase in my lifts since i stopped drinking so much....
    test
  19. Got Life?

you really blew that out of proportion...by me saying i can cheat, meaning i can have a beer /w lunch whereas normally I wouldn't...that in itself is my cheat...i'm not saying i'm eating a cheesecake each day or something equally as ridiculous.
    test
  20. Living HeLL

Living HeLL real nigga shit

age-25
    height 6'1
    weight-215-225
    bench-max outbout 380
    im pretty big but not cut that much
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.