Post Your HEART RATE stats!!!

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by WhiteWidow, Feb 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhiteWidow

WhiteWidow how u luv dat?

If you serious bout training you use a HR monitor. Post up your stats, your max hr, how fast u recover, resting heart rate, ETC

me:

max is about 185 (according to tha formulas, if you actually reach ya max thats bad lol)
    i recover at about 25 per minute
    resting about 66
    test
  2. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

i dont know....

i dont work out for cardio, i work out for muscle mass an never bother checking HR....
    test
  3. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

my max is just over 205

i recover at an average of 50 per minute, sometimes 40 a min, sometimes 60. i have an insanely fast recovery speed, this is largely what i train for

and resting ranges from 40-45.
    test
  4. LiveFromThe781

LiveFromThe781 Don Of The Den

yea im gonna have to disagree with you there.
    test
  5. WhiteWidow

why? unless your strictly a body builder (gay) u needa have endurance and u need to break it down to a science just like everything else workout related.
    test
  6. WhiteWidow

jesus christ @ that.

how do u improve your recovery speed? thats insane yo thats like 2 to 3 times the average person
    test
  7. dlbiininja

dlbiininja The Hip Hop Poet.

hell, my average use to float around 38-40 as my resting bpm.
    i haven't checked that in awhile. never tracked my recovery was always
    fast with it though.
    test
  8. LiveFromThe781

why?

i really dont see what the need in knowing your RHR or VO2 max is. and its not about being strictly a body builder, its the fact that its pretty much useless to know unless you have a heart condition or something.
    test
  9. Ben Official

i totally disagree.

i mean if you dont do cardio its not important but if you do its extremely important man.

there are many reasons, one major reason is so you can workout at the exact intensity you need to that day.

for example some days i need to go at 85%-90% vo2 max, on strength days more like 65 or 70%, and you can't do this accurately without a heart rate monitor.

i want to get my heart rate up to a certain amount during my warm ups, so lets say im at 170, and i was supposed to be up to 185 that day, i know i need to up the intensity instead of leaving it to my judgment of what it feels like. same goes for the rest of the workout. for example if im doing suicides and my heart rate isnt up high enough he will push me harder and harder until im at the heart rate he wants me to be at.

its also important so you can measure your progress. i have someone who documents my recovery times, average heart rate, resting heart rate, etc to check my progress and to be extremely accurate in the ways we work out. these are all important to know, as you probably know the more in shape you are the lower your resting heart rate is.

you arent getting the most out of your workout unless you measure it as closely as possible.

its on the same level as counting your calories or protein intake.
    test
  10. WhiteWidow

exactly.

lol.
    test
  11. LiveFromThe781

wow thanks for ellaborating. give me a valid reason...oh wait, you cant.
    test
  12. supacilious

supacilious master of ceremonies

i checked my resting heart rate right now...its 64...i dont know what that means, so whatever lol
    test
  13. WhiteWidow

i didnt have to. ben did.
    test
  14. LiveFromThe781

it has to do with the strength of your heart which is supposed to be an indicator of how "fit" you are. i guess the best time to do it is right when you wake up, before youve had anything to eat or drink as it may alter the speed of your heart rate due to stimulants (esp things like coffee).

i dont remember what mine was when i checked it 50-something idk maybe 60?
    test
  15. LiveFromThe781

so if im a cardio junkie who likes to play with numbers its a good thing? ok.

when i do cardio i just do HIIT cycles, i dont care what a HR monitor says that could be invalid anyway if i had a Red Bull or thermogenic before hand.

i think the less technology and number games used the better because the more shit you start adding in and trying to get technical and precise with the more you end up just over-thinking and doing damage.
    test
  16. Ben Official

i totally, totally disagree. for the reasons i stated above. for you it doesnt really sound like you're too endurance-oriented, and dont really care to improve your cardio if it wont do anything to make you bigger, am i correct?

your concerned with pure strength and looks, not functionality?

if thats right, and i could be wrong, but thats what im assuming from stuff you say, then it probably isnt very important that you use a heart rate monitor.

but if you are concerned with functionality, or with improving your endurance, it is extremely important. and i dont want to say why again, i said it in the post before this one.

and hr monitors not being accurate is total bs. of course you can't buy a 15 dollar monitor from walmart and expect it to be 100% accurate, but if you spend at least 50 bucks you can get an extremely accurate monitor.

so your saying monitoring ones heart rate is just getting too technical and precise, making someone over think and do damage? is that what your saying?

i just dont know what makes you think that. again, for someone who doesnt give a shit about cardio and isnt looking to improve endurance, sure its not needed but it is definitely a good thing to invest in to track progress and to work out at the level you want to work out at.
    test
  17. LiveFromThe781

i think once you get into the calorie countring, heart monitoring and so forth youre starting to play with things that if altered incorrectly could cause serious damage especially in terms of lack of food and catabolism.

i care about cardio when im trying to lose fat which right now youre correct, that is of no concern for me since i need to gain 20 lbs ASAP. i dont like the functionality thing either, youre no more "functional" than i am because you can run longer. i still dont think a HR monitor is all that serious for making progress in cardio. maybe if youre a super-athlete or something it may be of use, and i think you may fall in that category but for a regular person i dont really think theres going to be much difference between using one and not.
    test
  18. Ben Official

woooooooooooooooooo got my heart rate up to 186 tonight during my warm up
    test
  19. MISSKEYdaQUEEN

MISSKEYdaQUEEN Watch the black panther..

uhhh when I'm on the cross trainer is 158-161.... for me thats good for my age I'm told...
    test
  20. Ben Official

whats your age?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.