Post what you had to eat today...

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by SpoonFull, Dec 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. khmerwunder

khmerwunder New Member

Funny shit, but not gonna hate, but damn chicken breast and asparagus for breakfast, you training for the olympia or a magazine cover spread?? hahaha jk For reals though some people have to eat like that but not everyone does so don't be fooled because one person eats like that doesn't mean everyone has too. Also goals if you wanna pack mass go out and eat mickey d's, doritos, cheesecake, drink beer whatever you want, just make sure you workout. My thing is as long as you work out you'll get results I mean I used to drink beer all the time and smoke ciggs all the time but I worked out hard. Of course that was dumb and I couldve had better gains with better nutrition but my point is as long as you are in the gym and intaking some sort of calories you're good.
    test
  2. Dunpeal

Dunpeal Graying men, mmm

That's COMPLETE bullshit.

Anyways...today I've chicken and grilled vegetables, NO Xplode, Cell mass, Protein shake, chicken, grilled veggies, sauteed mushrooms......

Got two more meals to go.
    test
  3. SpoonFull

SpoonFull Lovely

well just for fun, here's mine

1 - Bowl of Bran with skim milk

before gym - Protein Bar

After Gym - Protein shake

2 - a bunch of broccoli and Wild Rice

3 - String Cheese & Small shake

4 - Pork Chop and more wild rice

5 - PB & Jam (natural peanut butter & real fruit jam) on wheat

6 - Bowl of Bran and a bananna
    test
  4. khmerwunder

khmerwunder New Member

How is it bullshit, some people are ectomorphs they can eat whatever they fuck they want because they want to add mass. Chicken breast has like 30-40g protein but only like 250-300 calories. Not everyone needs chicken breast, asparagus, tuna, and protein shake to get big. If you want quality muscle go for it but most ecto's want mass. Ain't bullshit, used to smoke a pack a day and drink all night during college but I was intaking mass gainers and eating like crazy, still gains. However like I said was probably a little counterproduictive cause smoking kills your appetite, also food doesn't taste as good when you smoke.
    test
  5. k_kelley

k_kelley New Member

eating

I workout everyday for about 2 hours doing cardio and eat healthy like fruit and salads!!!!
    test
  6. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

i've been slacking lately due to my fractured ribs... i cant lift cant train no bjj no nothing... anyways this is what i had to eat yesterday.....

meal 1- whey protein and weight gainer shake, 2 bananas, strawberries
    meal 2- 2 chicken salad sandwiches
    meal 3- quarter dark chicken, corn, cornbread, mashed potatoes and gravy
    meal 4- 550 calories of trail mix and whey protein shake
    meal 5- t bone steak, peas, baked potato
    meal 6- chicken pot pie
    test
  7. Dunpeal

Dunpeal Graying men, mmm

The foods you listed act as a direct opposite once they enter your body. Why would you want to be one huge mass with no manueverability?

Basically a big blob.
    test
  8. Ben Official

lol a friend of mine is totally against lifting... he thinks it only hurts you (fuckin idiot), and was also trying to gain mass. he did so by barely exercising (maybe riding a bike or attempting to run once-twice a week) and eating mass amounts of whatever he wanted (cake, beer, mcdonalds, wendies, taco bell, etc) and thought this would get him bigger. 2 years later, i look at him and laugh. somehow he manages to be fat and skinny at the same time. horrible.
    test
  9. khmerwunder

khmerwunder New Member

So eating chicken breast and asparagus at 7 in the morning without working out is gonna get me big??
    Of course if you're eating fast food, fatty foods and not work out you're going to be a fat ass sooner or later. But if you read my whole post I said as long as you work out you'll gain mass. Muscle mass if you're intaking enough protein. Ecto's can eat whatever the hell they want as long as they lift hard they will get big. Some not all of you guys in here act like you can't have any type of fast food whatsoever, not true......I see your point if you are big or want to have lower body fat percentage cut the mikey d's but some people are skinny bones and want to gain mass. I always though it was easier to gain the bass then chisel it. Meaning get up to wahtever weight just intaking calories AND LIFTING then cutting down on fat. Also like some people on this board have said live a little eat food that you like. You misread my argument and thought I was in favoring of eating just to get big, who the fuck does that??? Not everyone has the same body structure or metabolism some can eat what they want and lift some need to watch their calorie intake doesn't take a genius to figure it out if you eat and work out you'll see results.
    As for the guy posting above me well your friend is pretty ignorant maybe you could explain to him what exactly working out does.

NOt everyone on rapmusic boards are training for the Mr. Olympia, depends what your goals are. Eat and workout towards your goals. Not everyone wants to use supplements, not everyone wants to eat chicken breast. I'm just arguing in favor of eating what you want and working out hard thats all. You don't have to punish yourself with food you don't like. If you like what you eat fine.
    test
  10. Dunpeal

Dunpeal Graying men, mmm

You're telling me, that eating tons of anything you like.......will build MORE mass then eating tons of chicken, veggies, and downing other sources(supplements) of protein?

You're absolutely fucking crazy, why get humungus and out of shape, rather than getting large, chizzled, and healthy all at once?

Nuts man.
    test
  11. Ben Official

lol, im an ecto naturally...

and i know for a fact i must cut out junk foods and everything thats not near top of the line in healthyness to get gains...

because since my metabolism is so ridiculously fast, i gotta get in all the calories i can, and not just calories, but good calories.

if i eat 1 meal of fast food a day with 5 other good meals, its still not as good as eating 6 full healthy meals with useful calories instead of useless junk food calories that dont do anything.

its like this.... you can eat 5,000 calories worth of candy bars each day... but those calories wont go towards your gaining at ALL... all they will do is stuff your appetite and make you full and the calories are absolutely useless..

when your an ecto, you must take advantage of your hunger because it is limited. if you fill your stomach with junk food at ALL then your not going to gain up to your potential, and when your an ecto, like me, every calories counts.

for example i never ever drink soda or basically anything other than water with each meal.
    why? because if i drink water i dont intake any calories and it doesnt make me any more full, allowing me to eat more food. if i drink lets say a lemonade, i wont be able to eat as much food which contains better calories than the lemonade would.

yes SOME people can eat whatever the fuck they want and still gain, but most ectos cannot.
    test
  12. khmerwunder

khmerwunder New Member

Where did I say that, stop putting words in my mouth. Are you trying to make me out to being an idiot. Ask anyone who doesn't use shit if eating a lot of what they want and working out hard will get them "big". I bet 100% will say yes. Thats my point. Dude obviously you think chicken breasts and veggies are the way to go but don't hate on an alternative diet with alternative goals. You can eat what you want, lift hard and still have a muscular body. Maybe not bodybuilding body but good enough to seperate yourself from the average person.
    I'm just in favoring of eating what you want and working out hard if you like it fine if not fine doesn't matter to me one bit. Just because you want to have beach muscles doesn't mean everyone else wants to, some are training for strength, some train for sports, some train to lose weight, some want to pack on mass. I wouldn't advocate eating whatever the hell you want for someone in a bodybuilding contest, trying to get a six pack, or someone wanting to lose weight. Thats all I have to say about that because obviously everyone is different and to each his own.

To Benofficial of course calories depends what you eat, 500 cals of candy bar is what? 50g Sugar and probably 5g protein. Lean chicken 500 calories probably yield 50 g protein of course your body will react better to it. Its like fuel theres regular octane and premium octane. You can get big, chilesed etc eating mcdonalds you just gonna have to work hard ass hell in the gym for it. Some people have the "genes" to develop muscle quickly no matter what they eat or how much weight they put up. But hey I see your point if the fast food is killing your energy levels and you are not developing muscle mass quickly enough then put in what works for you. I had a friend who was real skinny just eat and drink beer, maybe play a little ball here and there and he has that fat and skinny physique you mentioned. However I bet if he hit the weights he'd have a pretty muscular phyque, probably still have a bit of a guy but hed have some upper and lower body build.

BTW I'm ecto-meso not a big blob of fat or mass or all muscle, although I'm blessed with pretty good genes (all my brothers have muscular builds). I do eat big macs, french fries, chips but on the other hand I do eat lean chicken, veggies etc... Like I said go with what you like and what your goals are.
    test
  13. Dunpeal

Dunpeal Graying men, mmm

I'm training for college football.....

But anyways, you've truely got things screwed up on this one brother, I'm trying to help you.

Your lifestyle and food intake are soooooooooo much more vital to your actual workouts then the actual workout itself. It's not about going on a diet or whatever, it's a lifestyle change. Food, when it boils down, is simply energy for your body, just some more supplements. That's how I look at it.
    test
  14. khmerwunder

khmerwunder New Member

Good for you, you're training for college ball but you keep talking about health, lifestyle change, working out to look good. Last time I checked football players train for strength, speed, and core. Most if not all are trying to pack on muslce mass especially when you are training for college ball because your physique is probably not fully developed. Are you still in high school cause my ass is 24 and been through trial and error.
    Also When did I ever say working out is better then food. Post my direct quote because I never said it. I'm just agreeing with most replies on this topic to eat what you want and work out hard. Unless you want to be the size of a house.
    Shit if you want to keep putting high octane food in your body go for it but don't hate on others who decide to enjoy "junk food" but still work out. Hey if doing that makes you a better person go for it but don't belittle others for choosing an alternative. If you think you're better by going your route go for it more power to you I'm not hating.
    Funny how I got this screwed up when you said food is fuel for the body when my last post I stated that food is like fuel octane. Obviously you don't understand what I mean by that. I always like to use the metaphor that the body is like a car, sports cars need 91 and higher octane, while most everyday economy cars need just 87. When you are fine tuning your body you need the best motor oil, best fuel etc.... I'm not training to be an f-1 or nascar car.
    I'll end with this, hey what you're doing is great I give you props for sticking to what you eat and you'll probably end up getting great gains and developing an awesome physique. However you can still sustain a good sporty look eating what you want as long as you work out hard. Will you get that "dodge viper" look eating fast food all the time but working out hard, no but you'll have something. There are those who jog 3 times a week, no weights but eat low fat foods who are super healthy but put them on an athletic field against the sports car and they'll get burnt. Those are "toyota camrys", good MPG just not enough speed, power. Like I said depends on your goal. You have your goals I have mine, I'm pretty satisfied with my results the last 2 years. You are what you eat, I eat a combination of healthy and unhealthy maybe as I get older I'll cut out junk completely but most people on this board are <40 so they wouldn't have to worry too much about being obese if they get proper exercise. Read this whole post before putting more words in my mouth.

Gluck with your career.
    test
  15. Ben Official

i didnt have time to read all of that you just posted, but if im correct your saying that its more imporant to have an intense workout than to be so strict with your diet

and i entirely disagree. most of the times the problem is actually over training, because it only take so much to gain mass in the gym, and many times people will push themselves to the limit thinking that its better when they are only making it worse, and overworking their muscles much more than needed.

your diet is WAYY more important than your workout, even though you need both.
    test
  16. Ben Official

i read a little bit more than what you said. and you said that both are important, but that people should take it easy and eat more of what they want.

this is true for some body types, mesomorph being the main one that it seems to occur where people can eat whatever they want and gain mass, however i thought you were talking about ectomporphs and 90% of the time this is not the case. they need every piece of nutrition they can get to gain weight
    test
  17. XxLiLBuRnAxX

XxLiLBuRnAxX Prolly smarter than you

Ectomorphs actually wont gain weight eating junk food. Thats our problem, we don't gain weight but we don't really lose weight either, we just stay the same. So whoever said ectomorphs can benefit from eating whatever they want is wrong. Our main benefit is the fact that we dispose of junk food and it doesn't hurt nor help us. Allows us to eat 12oz steaks and then a chocolate cake.
    test
  18. khmerwunder

khmerwunder New Member

IF that's the case then go to your nutrition store and pick up mass gainers. I took 3 servings of serious mass, ~630 x 3 = 1890 calories a day to go along with 2-3 meals a day during my last year of college. Let me tell you I've had so many skinny people tell me how they ate and never gained weight, well a couple of them (myself as well) went on my diet and started gaining weight. I was a pretty skinny guy myself ~145, after 2 years I'm up to ~175-178 (depending on if I ate or how much water I drank that day). Keep in mind that I was in college and slowly started to stop smoking (after 4 years) and was still partying on a weekend basis. I could easily be at 190-200 if I kept taking the weight gainer but decided to stop. Also the weight gainer I took was packed with all sorts of nutrients and tasted just like chocolate protein. I also ate whatever the hell I wanted. People made fun of me in the beginning because the package looked like dog food. But in the end I got the last laugh. All you have to do is be consistent with the shakes and eat and I guarantee you that you will gain weight. I also worked out like a mad man so my physique which was already a little ripped from working out w/o supplements got bigger and bulkier with the cuts. It was like Edward Norton in fight club into him in American History X (although I was not as puny as he was in fight club and not as big as him in AMX).
    test
  19. Ben Official

1. just because it worked for you doesn't mean it will work for everyone else...

2. the mass gaining shakes....

i take those too.. its called weight gainer and it sais 2200 calories in each servince.. but each serving is like 3 huuuuge glasses so i take 1/3 which is about 730 calories each night.

i ONLY take that after i have eaten all i can eat, all really healthy foods, and after i cant fit another meal in my stomach. THEN i take the weight gainer shake. i dont replace a meal with it which is kind of what your getting it. i take it as a suppliment which means i'm already eating the max amount my stomach can tak every day. and when it can't take any more solid food, then i add the weight gainer shake which just add pure calories.

just because it works for one person doesn't mean you can generalize it to everyone else.

i've gained mass but it is EXTREMELY hard for me to gain a pound. i have to eat a lot, and i have to eat the right food. i have no room to eat junk food of any sort. its all gotta be really good for me. which is how most ectomorphs are.
    test
  20. khmerwunder

khmerwunder New Member

aight dude let me take a direct quote from Arnold, who knows a hellva lot more then me or you.
    This coming from the Encyclopedia pf Bodybuilding p.733 (if you want to check it out)
    Ectomorphs - .....need to eat HIGH protein and to increase their overall caloric intake as well. Needing more calories, they benefit from having more FAT in their diets than the other two body types.....benefit from "weight gainer products"
    I'm just using my knowledge I gained from experience, magazines, books the whole nine and trying to share.
    HOnestly why should I take your argument even seriously when you don't even bother reading my whole posts, while I take the time to read yours. So many skinny peeps I met that complain about not gaining weight then when I give them advice they go oh that won't work. Then I see them a few months later and still the same size, do I say I told you so? No because it's going to lead to another argument. To your credit though eating good nutrious food at a high caloric intake is probably the best bet into getting max gains. Well hey whatever works for you buddy I'm done with this topic.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.