Post what you had to eat today...

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by SpoonFull, Dec 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpoonFull

SpoonFull Lovely

and post your exercise routine (ie: every day, once a week, etc) and weight
    test
  2. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

my routine is way too long to type up for this, but if anybody wants to put on mass i have an excellent routine so ill type it up if anybody wants a good one but otherwise its kinda long so blah lol
    test
  3. GammoN

GammoN Sole Survivor of the DOJO

^^^I wouldn't mind seeing that routine..I'll have to use it after I cut the fat that I already have on my body..
    test
  4. SD-11

SD-11 The Iron Curtain

ye..i wanna see tht routine.....i need a mass building 1...
    thnx..

ez...
    test
  5. Ben Official

shit alright i got it at my house ill make a thread later tonight when i get home
    test
  6. Graphx

Graphx Word? Word!

Breakfast - Chicken Breast and Asparagus
    Meal 2 - Protein Shake, apple
    GYM TIME - Protein Shake, banana
    Lunch - Chicken Breast and a nice salad with just about everything you can name
    Meal 4 - Protein Bar, low fat choc. milk
    Dinner - Chili, wheat bread
    Meal 5 - PB&J on wheat
    Meal 6 - Protein Shake with low fat milk

Yo, my routine took me hours to come up with, shit is boss and since starting it my bench has gone up 25 pounds and I've gained 5 pounds...and I started it a little over 2 weeks ago...if anybody wants i'll write mine up too
    test
  7. Ben Official

ok. posted the routine. hope it gets some use out of you guys cuz it took me forever to type
    test
  8. XxLiLBuRnAxX

XxLiLBuRnAxX Prolly smarter than you

Well im an oddball in you guys' textbook perfect diet plans. I usually cook in the morning and eat the same thing throughout the whole day.
    Yesterday
    Breakfast - Oatmeal, Protein Shake, banana and a Centrum
    Lunch - Pork chop, chicken flavored noodles, mashed potatoes
    Meal 3 - 2 Pork Chops and same side dishes
    Meal 4 - Protein Shake
    Meal 5 - last pork chop and rest of sides
    Meal 6 - Pb & J sandwich

Today was hamburger helper

My workout routine for right now (I switch it up often) is....
    Monday Chest and Biceps
    Bench Press
    10x warmup
    8x-5x-3x-5x-8x
    Dumbbell bench press
    3 x 10
    Curl bar curls
    3 x 10
    hammer curls
    3 x 10
    30 crunches and 30 situps

Wednesday Legs and Shoulders
    Military press
    3 x 10
    Upright rows
    3 x 10
    Trap flies
    3 x 10
    Shoulder shrugs
    3 x 10
    Lunges (I hate these with a passion, work excellent though)
    3 x 8
    Leg press
    3 x 10
    Squat (If my legs still feel solidified after the Lunges)
    10 x warmup then 3 x 8
    30 crunches and 30 situps then I limp out of the gym walking like Fred Sanford

Friday Triceps and Back
    Nose breakers
    3 x 10
    Tricep Extension with dumbbell
    3 x 10
    Tricep Dip
    30 or 50 depending on how much weight I did with the other two exercises
    Pull ups
    3 x 8
    Elevated Rows
    3 x 10
    Bent over rows
    3 x 10
    30 situps and 30 crunches

I never rest more than 30 seconds inbetween sets, the biggest mistake people make it resting too long because they get tired, well being tired is the point. You aren't supposed to "hurt" your muscles you're supposed to "tear them the fuck up". If you are doing leg workouts and your legs dont feel like jelly when your done then you havent done anything.
    I push myself to the limit during each workout routine, often nearly blacking out (Yes I know Ive heard it all before). I am always sore the day after. If you push yourself as HARD as you can then your payoff will be awsome. I am an ectomorph (small as fuck by nature) with the highest metabolism probably of anyone on this board. Yet I gained 50lbs of muscle in 11 months with nothing but whey protein powder as a supplement.

Dedication works.
    test
  9. SpoonFull

SpoonFull Lovely

^^^ and you eat similar to that every day?

where are you getting enough calories to build THAT much muscle?

either way, thanks guys
    test
  10. blackwell

blackwell New Member

yo i'd like 2 see both of ya workout plans.................
    test
  11. XxLiLBuRnAxX

Ah see that is where many people get confused. Muscle mass if built by protein, that 3000 calorie a day plan is for people who are trying to gain weight. I thought that way too, nearly gave up because I thought with my schedule it would be impossible to eat 3000 calories a day. Then I realized that I was gaining weight by simply meating my 1g/Protein/lb of weight requirements. Gaining weight at a rate of 2-5lbs a week. I went from 110lbs in november of 2005 to 160lbs in october of 2006. Maybe I have a unique body composition.
    I fully believe that I would be sitting at around 175-185lbs as of right now if I had kept on with my diet plan, however, I got super busy with work and college which made me cut back on workout and diet time for about 2 months. But now I have started back again and have gained an additional 10lbs in the past 5 weeks with a noticable change in physique (my muscles are acutally getting bigger this isn't simply water weight or stomach fat) and the lbs continue to stack on with each passing week.
    test
  12. Teen Prodigy

Teen Prodigy Short2003's e-child

I live on campus, and I have a meal plan.. which means I don't cook my own meals.

So I eat whatever there is in the caf...which today was meatballs, peas, a chicken breast.. and I had some apple juice, and a cookie.

It's the only meal I've eaten today...terrible... the only other thing I have in my system is water.

I worked out very quickly today. I did chest, shoulders and biceps..

I don't know how to properly use a lot of the machinery at the gym ( this is the first actual gym I've used .. not counting my HS weight-room.. which was garbage)

I would do more areas ( back, abs...maybe...) if I was more comfortable with the weights... and was more sure that I wasn't using the equipment improperly.
    test
  13. blackwell

blackwell New Member

A lot of you stick to these diet plans but I dont think I could do it. Chicken breast and asparagus for breakfast, are you human? lol im a really good cook and just by looking through a cook book ya find protein packed meals but tasty as fuck. So I basically cook decent protein packed dinners. I've stopped working out at da moment but if I was I'd throw in a couple of protein shakes before dinner, is this wrong? Correct me if im wrong but by having a diet like you guys I just thing your missing out lol. One more thing do guys eat like that everyday? cant be good for you surely
    test
  14. XxLiLBuRnAxX

Im with you on that one. I don't see how people eat some of this stuff and to be honest I am a bit skeptical of some people's diets that they claim to follow. Cooking and eating the way some of them claim to do would mean that they have no job or nothing else to do during the day.....but thats a different story. But yeah I dont see how people stick to those strict diets either, I honestly believe that if I had the metabolism of a normal person I would have failed at weightlifting. See me with a super fast metabolism I can eat a 12oz steak then eat a 95% fat 900 calorie chocolate cake and my body will simply dispose of the cake and keep the steak. I've lucked out by having such a unique body composition. It's good to be able to make protein "milkshakes" instead of nasty water ones.

Anyway your diet plan doesn't have to include disguisting foods.
    Try this for 6 weeks....Eat a hearty breakfast, lunch, and dinner of decent amounts of protein and carbs, and take 3 protein shakes inbetween those meals. In spite of what some people say protein shakes do work. It is "recommended" that you eat as much food as you can. But for those of us participating in real life I can understand how it can be difficult to eat 7 times daily, so we supplement. See what your results look like. You dont have to eat peas and baked chicken for breakfast. You wont need to take protein shakes right before dinner, try to take one 2 hours before dinner and then make sure your dinner has protein in it as well. Spreading it out like this makes sure that your body always has protein present to built your muscle. Don't try to eat 100 grams of protein at once to cover most of the day, it wont work and youll be wasting your time. You must spread it out.

Try it and see how it goes.
    test
  15. blackwell

blackwell New Member

interesting views, thankyou..........
    test
  16. Dunpeal

Dunpeal Graying men, mmm

Let's see.....

NO - Explode

chicken breast
    sweet potatoe mash potatoe

Cell Mass

chicken breast
    sweet potatoe mash potatoe

Chicken Alfredo

High Fiber/High protein cereal with Soy Milk
    Blackberries

uhhhhh, I can't even front, I killed some Doritos with the Alfredo....had some serious case of the hungries.

I'm actually going to be going over my diet tomorrow, gonna go shopping, sit down and plan out a day to day schedule....
    test
  17. blackwell

blackwell New Member

yo dats too much protein unless you wanna be the size of a house! you eat the same meal twice a day! madness......
    test
  18. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

Lunch: Apple
    Dinner: Chicken and Bacon sandwich

I swam for 30 minutes.
    test
  19. Vulgar

Vulgar 80s baby

breakfast-2 bowls of total with skim milk fruit oj toast
    lunch-turkey sandwhich cranberry juice water
    dinner-pizza more water
    snacks-fruit yogurt

i dunno i basicaly eat what i want...i dont eat alot of fried foods and try and stay away from sugar...i eat bread damn never everyday [dunno]...im cut pretty nice im 6'1 bout 190...i work out 4-5 days a week on a good week...30mins of cardio and weights do me just fine...i dont get why yall need to do all that bullshit to get the body you want...i must be blessed with good genes..
    test
  20. khmerwunder

khmerwunder New Member

Good post but eating habits change for me because I get sick of eating the same shit everyday, week after week.
    likke to eat at least 3 times a day, 2 times snack, couple of protein shakes. Got a fast metabolism, eat whatever I want unless I want to get cut then I cut out fast food completely.
    Workout, 2 days split. Example
    Mon - Chest, Tri's
    Tues - Back
    Wed- Off
    Thurs - Legs
    Fri - Shoulders and Bi's
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.