Pops n Clicks in Cool Edit

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by WDPS Recordz, Jul 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WDPS Recordz

WDPS Recordz t(* *t)

alrite whenever i do anything with audio inside cool edit pro 2.1 i get cracks and pops in my audio and sometimes it sounds like my speakers are ripping ????? and when i record it adds the cracks and pops..........im not clipping because i always record so the audios peaking at -3 DB..........i got a Soundblaster PCI512 soundcard <<<< might be the problem, and im recording with a Oktava MK319 going thru a Mackie 1402 VLZ mixer......all my drivers are updated for the soundcard and im running Windows XP.......i dont know i hear alot of people with this problem and i just wanna fix it so i can record clear audio and work with clear audio....help if u can im confused as fuck about what could be causin this....and i also get this sound just when im playing audio in winamp sometimes but its not as bad as it is in Cool Edit.

PZ
    test
  2. WDPS Recordz

WDPS Recordz t(* *t)

test
  3. WDPS Recordz

WDPS Recordz t(* *t)

^^ i really cant figure this shit out any suggestions would help.......
    test
  4. Nitwit

Nitwit New Member

hmmmmm....no idea...try opening your computer and makin sure the soundcard is in place..push down on it, make sure all the wires in there are plugged in tight...you'd be surprised at how quickly that can become the source of some of your computer problems. If you can get one of your friends to let you borrow their soundcard, get it and install theirs in your computer to see if it really is your soundcard that's causin the problem...that way you don't go out and buy a new one and still end up with teh same problem cause you didn't check first.

If you've reinstalled the drivers, have you first removed them from teh system using your control panel>system, or are you just re-installing them over the old drivers? You should always remove the original drivers through "system" first, and then install again.

that's all i can think of...might wanna check your device configuration in cooledit also...peace
    test
  5. Fonikz

Fonikz ExcuseMeAsIKissTheSkyyy

^word..

the card may be slightly out of place...
    test
  6. WDPS Recordz

WDPS Recordz t(* *t)

im gonna try all that shit and i got a couple more question for right now.........can i switch the pci slot i have my souncard in without having to reinstall it? or would i have to tell my computer i switched it..................and no i didnt uninstall the previous drivers.....how do u do that because i have alot of drivers on here im not using
    test
  7. Donis

Donis New Member

i assume this is more than just what the filters in cool edit will remove...

if its not...try noise reduction and parametric equalizing to get rid of the static

ronJ
    test
  8. WDPS Recordz

WDPS Recordz t(* *t)

its not anything an effect can fix its something in my soundcard
    test
  9. Nitwit

Nitwit New Member

when you switch pci slots you're also switching it to another irq....i'm not gonna get into what this is. but i will say you will have to reinstall the software, adn your computer is still gonna have the old software from havin it in teh other pci slot. It's gonna think the sound card is in the original slot but it's not working, and then it's gonna think that there's a nother soundcard in a different slot...so it'll expect you to add the software for that.

you don't want the same piece of hardware takin up more than one irq.
    test
  10. rez0nate

rez0nate New Member

I would definetly suggest getting a new soundcard, from the looks of it, either the wires have become loose or the soundcard is out of place or its just shot, i had the same problem with my audigy extigy, i took my audigy and put it in another computer and that was the problem, buy the new soundcard, im sure it will fix the cracks
    test
  11. entitee

entitee New Member

you wont have to reinstall your software if you switch pci slots.
    you might have conflicts with other hardware and you'll have to reinstall drivers for it probably but not your programs.
    test
  12. Axel Reina

Axel Reina Rep me bitch

I had the same problem.

Get a new soundcard. or it might just be a little dirty.
    test
  13. WDPS Recordz

WDPS Recordz t(* *t)

one more thing........when i plug in a mic into the Line In on this card sometimes it freezes my computer so its definately loose....and the pci slot its in has a damaged bracket.....so what do i need to do to switch slots? one more answer and i think we got this problem solved.
    test
  14. WDPS Recordz

WDPS Recordz t(* *t)

and dont wanna upgrade this computer if i dont have to im trying to save up and get a P4 instead of this shitty ass AMD K6
    test
  15. Axel Reina

Axel Reina Rep me bitch

to switch slots? just open up the back of the cpu..

take the soundcard out and plug it back into another slot that looks similar as the one it was plugged it before.

i think mine is black. try that.
    test
  16. WDPS Recordz

WDPS Recordz t(* *t)

i know how to do it physically, im talking about uninstalling shit before i do it then reinstalling to prevent problems. whats the safest way to do this?
    test
  17. Nitwit

Nitwit New Member

ok...u have xp...so here it is....

start>ctrl panel>system>device manager

find where your soundcard drivers (sound video & game controllers)are installed and delete them...just right click on them and delete. turn off your computer, open it up, pull out the card, and put it in a different slot.......turn the computer on and u can figure out the rest from there. Keep in mind you may have to reconfigure your programs...such as cooledit, because it's still gonna be looking for the soundcard in teh original slot.
    test
  18. War Machine

War Machine Sam Antics

that mic...althought its a very nice one...its delicate....if u dropped it....or blew into it real hard...or any typa rough shit....u mighta knocked some shit loose. its hand-made dog, very sensative. im thinking its your soundcard though.
    test
  19. WDPS Recordz

WDPS Recordz t(* *t)

im very careful with all my shit, if somebody even yelled in this mic id decorate my front porch with their insides. and i think ur all right it is the soundcard so ill probly just buy a soundblaster live or some shit to make due with until i get enought money for this http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=588273&Sku=S456-5000%20B&CatId=333 its capable 6.12 GHz and 12 GBs of RAM ....sold seperately of course but i can just upgrade this thing as i get money......PROBLEM SOLVED
    test
  20. War Machine

War Machine Sam Antics

no..that jus memory..u still need a good soundcard

and its 3 ghz and 512 ram but goes up to 12 gig of ram

u should invest in and mbox or hi end soundcard if u dont like digidesign...but soundblaster is not the way i would go
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.