Poor Man Pimpin (drop tips)

Discussion in 'Audio Emcee Hook Ups' started by Odysseus, Dec 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Odysseus

Odysseus a marvelous muthafucka

Calling upon my fellow poor people, how can a poor man still dress fly on a budget?
    test
  2. Micology

Micology Hello stapler?. Yes Hello

Wear Brandini
    test
  3. New B

New B Greatest Asian rapper?

buy a cheap flight jacket and a durag or bandana. get some cheap baggie no brand name jeans and some fake kicks and ur set.
    test
  4. LCD Beats

LCD Beats TYME President

New B, u should be slapped. NEVER buy fake kicks!!! EVER... I'ma break it down for u...

1. Shoes: I'm a sneaker ~~~~~, hardly ever wear boots. AF1's are $70-80, no way around that. But u can sometimes come up on other sneaks for cheap... random ass Nikes in specific colorways be sellin for cheap on special, just keep checkin stores. I went out one day and bought like 3 pairs of kicks for $100 in colors like blue/red, black/green, etc.

2. Shirts: Being that it's winter... White and Black longsleeve tees. That's my shit. Luxe-T makes tees with them indestructable necks that don't end up slouching after a couple washes.... the necks on their shirts are like virgin pussy. Don't forget long john shirts too... them shits dont cost nothin.

3. Jeans: I'm not real big on spendin $80+ on jeans... sometimes u can come up on hot shit at Burlington. But either way, check to see if they sell Luxe-T jeans in your area.... them shits fit right and only cost $40.

4. Coat: Yeah, flight jackets are $30 around here... i just copped a random ass snorkel for $50.

5. Headgear: again, wintertime u want scullies n shit. You can get em for damn near nothin.

**Don't sleep on ebay... u can find gear for cheap on there too**
    test
  5. Odysseus

^ good shit

Im about to cop a bunch of $5 tee's and $5 hats downtown when I get my check, then see what I can do about shoes. Then get some cheap Levi's from Walmart, they used to make Levi's tight like cowboys pants and shit, but I just found out they make baggy pants now lmao
    test
  6. LCD Beats

LCD Beats TYME President

no way would i rock levi's.... i'd rather get them bobo shits from them "urban" stores like Downtown Lockeroom n shit
    test
  7. Odysseus

nah they look just like any other brand, the ankles arent even tight, if u ripped the label off Levi's and Rocawear jeans, nobody could even tell the difference
    test
  8. Micology

Micology Hello stapler?. Yes Hello

Yeh bootleg jeans at urban sotres r better...for like 25 bones...
    test
  9. Odysseus

i will have to check out the bootleg jeans.. they got a place called Jean Joint downtown, but I heard thier shit feels like sheets of paper instead of denim lmao
    test
  10. A-Lyricz

A-Lyricz We Off That

ody your crazy..lmfao
    test
  11. Dj Streetsz

Dj Streetsz New Member

cant really help you but to say get ya money up b, the cheapest thing i wear is White T's which you should invest in, they sell em 4 for 20 round here in the clothing stores and they got em at footlocker, footaction and champs too so pick your spot other then that i dunno i say cop some AF1s or somethin prolly best looking pair of kicks you'll get for under 100
    test
  12. Rex Skully

Rex Skully .......

test
  13. New B

never have i seen af1's for less than $50. as for the fake kicks, depends what ur gonna be usin them for. if ur gonna be ballin, then don't get fake jordans or uptowns, but if ur gonna just wear them for show and don't care about quality, and let's say u only need them for half a year or somethin, get the fakes. they cost as little as $10 and look pretty much like real. same wit jerseys, watches, whatever. but if you save up, you should by all means get real sneakers. i have mostly real, but 1 or 2 fake pairs when i used to be poor.

cheap flight jackets are NOT $30. i got a southpole flight jacket for $25, reversible too with the quilt on one side and the smooth kind on the other. you can get them for as little as $10. one thing you should not do is get them longer than ur shirts.

and yeah, the shirts shit is true, get regular white tees, tall tees, whatever, cheap and effective. they only cost $5. or save a little more, $10 can get you a tommy hilfiger or polo or nautica shirt, $20 can get you a sean john, rocawear, ecko, whatever.

pants, yeah, levi's and rocawear, same thing basically, if u do get a kind of long shirt, it should cover the brand name of ur pants so it doesn't matter what you get. and levi's jeans aren't that bad, if ur really poor, u can buy some old navy jeans as well.

headgear is simple, a hat or a headband or durag or bandana, whichever you look best in. durags and bandanas are $2 and $1 respectively. headbands are $2 as well, unless you get an NBA or jordan one, those cost a lil more. the more expensive ones are the hats, depends what ur gettin though, a regular hat, maybe $5-$10. a fitted, $20+. i suggest gettin a ski mask though, for real cold days, u can use it to warm ur whole face, for not as cold days, u can just fold it up and it looks normal.

and last but not least, accessories.

you could get an earing, a stud wit the big diamond. just go get a fake one, get ya ear pierced, and that's it. it should cost you like $5 for a big one. you could get fake sunglasses that look good. never OD on ice though, people will know it's fake and will think the rest of ur clothes are fake too. either get a decent watch, not no timex digital shit, but sort of nice, doesn't have to be a rolex or jacob. if you really want to get a chain, get one without a pendant or take it off or wear it under ur shirt.

note the only fake things i recommended were the kicks and the accessories cuz they cost the most.

and yeah, ebay is good.
    test
  14. Ghet-Ghet

Ghet-Ghet Guest

You mutha fuckas belong writing articles for Seventeen Magazine

Get cho' fabric-softener organic-dye-having fairy asses out dis board, nuggah!
    test
  15. montana Grimey

montana Grimey tony montana's crackbaby.

test
  16. New B

haha, yeah ok.

i wrote my shit plain and simple, but i had to elaborate with another post when someone dared contest my opinion.
    test
  17. Priceless

Priceless Like I'm doin it for TV

ross, marshalls, tj maxx - for jeans u can't beat those. I got some rocawear and ecko jump offs for $25 each.

for tee's u can't beat the foot locker/champ's deals... basic tee's 5 for $20. tall tee's 4 for $20. long sleeve tee's 3 for $20.

beanies/skullies aren't expensive either... i kno at champ's they're usually 2 for $20. mostly reversible too.

fleece fits are tight too... u can get a hoodie n sweatpants for like $30.

a lot of cats is rockin those baller id band shits too... that's not my shit but they're like 3 for $5 and it's something on ur wrist... i kno i'd feel naked if my wrist wasn't wrapped wit something.

i'm more about a regular rubberband or a watch tho... i just picked up a dope fossil watch for $60 the other day.

that's pretty much what all i'm on
    test
  18. -*Deranged Mind*-

-*Deranged Mind*- got any cheese

the cheapest shoes id get are classic reeboks..but those fuck up quickly, which is why i dont wear em anymore
    test
  19. Super.

Super. New Member

stick with white tee's.
    test
  20. Sick-Scripts

Sick-Scripts Stylish Irish = McFly

this is what ive learned from living in the hood and bein on a strict budget

in the winter time these are the ESSENTIALS you need to cop

Don't get cheap shoes unless you have to...thats one of the first things people notice when they loo you up and down...if you dont believe me get a piece of paper that states "You're Gay" on it and before the person says "hi" to you they'll be reading the paper...shoes can make or break you...AF1s are my choice...white on white in the summer and spring...winter and fall i got me the black on black...shoes are most important imo

Next thing you gotta make sure you get is a nice hoody...sumpthin that not erybody has...don't necessarily gotta be an $80 Rocafella joint or sumpthin, but dont go out coppin some cheap shit 50 year old men wear when they mow the lawn...get sumpthin in a dark color too so you can get it a lil dirty and no one will notice...if you live in the hood you can't afford to be washin all ya shit everytime you wear it...

Now i suggest you get yaself a nice hat...maybe splurge $30 on it...if you're like me, i basically only wear black during the winter...black coat, black hoodies, black jeans, black shirts...all that...so if you go out and buy yaself one nice black hat you can wear it with everything and you ain't gonna look colorblind when you roll out the crib

Shirts...shit, if you can't find a deal on shirts you lookin in the wrong places...all black or all white from foot locker is what i get...

Jeans...cant get too picky wit jeans...they the easiest things to cop imo...get yaself a nice faded pair, a black pair and a dark blue pair...get the cheapest ones that look good...$20 or so is as low as I'd go

damn...i hate being broke...lol
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.