Poor Hardy. I can't even think of a good WW fight for GSP

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by Mac Sabbath, Nov 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DahStoryTella

DahStoryTella knowledge of self

Hardy will be joining Fitch & Alves in the ''I got beat up by GSP for 5 rounds :('' column.
    test
  2. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

Bars are a little different. Even things like Muay Thai and Boxing start to go out the window when you add more people.

I can honestly say I've personally witnessed wrestling winning real life fights.

Where are you from where people are afraid to fight one on one? The city where I live is somewhat small and unassuming yet every day there is a one on one fight happening somewhere.
    test
  3. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

if you stand only, then you have a kickboxing match. pure wrestlers that only go for takedowns will get shut down by an experienced fighter. how often did you see chuck liddell go to the ground? rich franklin?

you have to allow for wrestling or you're excluding a form of mma which is obviously superior. i admit sometimes it's just boring, but when you have GSP and Lesnar - who FINISH fighters on the ground - it's very very entertaining. houston alexander was a great puncher, but take him down and he sucks. couture is a great wrestler, but take away his takedowns and you have the vera fight where he was being dominated.

it can be done, and fighters will adapt to the styles. the fans want to be entertained, and the fighters want to entertain, but they also don't want to end up like ali after their career is over, so they will win in the most effective way possible. if someone has weak takedown defense, you'll shoot more. if they have weak standup, you'll bang out with them.
    test
  4. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

I think hardy's small and weak enough with the grappling that he'll probably be finished pretty quickly.
    test
  5. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

My issue is that skilfully using BJJ off the back isn't valued by the rules unless the fight is ended, but laying on that BJJ player who is outworking you for three rounds will get you a decision win, just because of the postion you're in. Submission defence means more than submission offence if the person attempting the submissions is on his back.

In theory, pulling guard could lose you the match if you don't successfully submit the guy, despite the fight being where you want it.

Don't you think that needs to be changed?
    test
  6. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

GSP only starts ground and pound if the guy gasses from his lay n gay...

I don't consider GSP lay n pray, it's more Lay n gay tbh.....
    test
  7. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

wrestling is fine..but how bout we let people grab the cage to negate wrestler domination? Knees to the head as well during the sprawl....

UFC rules favor lay n pray...in a ring a wrestler wouldn't dominate as much and you'd get rid of that lay n pray gayness, unless they just let people grab the fence......shit is stupid, wtf is the point of it but to support wrestler domination?
    test
  8. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

^I assumed it was to avoid serious injury. Imagine twisting your fingers into a fence and some big bastard ripping you away from it. You could get breaks, lacerations and more.

I still don't get the concept of knees during the shoot being banned.
    I remember hearing that a downed fighter is a fighter with three points of contact with the ground. Wouldn't that permit knees to the heads of shooting fighters at the right times?
    test
  9. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

i thought you could throw knees if they're coming for the shoot. a downed fighter is if they're on one knee or more i think - which is why they end fights if the person smashes someone and when they drop and the standing person already had a knee coming up - the standing fighter will lose due to a technicality.

on the other hand, i think it's crazy when they let fights continue when they know the person is not fighting consciously. it's hard to watch a fight like that guy in 105 that went for the 3 rounds but after the first you know he was dead.
    test
  10. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

my boy diaz would crush can , er, dan hardy... too bad he cant keep the bong away from his lips long enough to piss clean for a fight
    test
  11. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

babalu / liddell I - sobral shoots for leg gets planted with a shin kick to the face, perfectly timed.... idk how the rules work if you are throwing a knee and a dude shoots into it and where his knees are etc
    test
  12. I'd like to see if Rumble could catch him on the chin..
    test
  13. eXTeeCee 187

eXTeeCee 187 New Member

i cant even imagine a challange for gsp either.....hardy standup isnt that bad...but i think that gsp's stand up is equally as good if not better....and i also know that gsp is gonna be able to take down hardy at will.... personally hardy doesnt really impress me that much......id rather see koscheck vs hardy.....

either way we know who the true WW champ is and i dont think anyone is gonna get in his way.....especially now hardy...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.